Follow

M.O.D.O.K.

Character » M.O.D.O.K. appears in 683 issues.

M.O.D.O.K. is an acronym for Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing. He has a plethora of psychic powers, which he used to take control of A.I.M.

The new look of M.O.D.O.K

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DMC

Annonced today on Marvel's website (posted by Ryan Penagos)

No Caption Provided

M.O.D.O.K. reborn!

Defeated and seemingly destroyed by the Hulks at the end of "World War Hulks," the strange, twisted menace of M.O.D.O.K. returns in HULK #29, on sale February 2, 2011! With his return comes an updated look and new armor, designed by HULK artist Gabriel Hardman, with input from writer Jeff Parker.

We've been teasing fans with hints and clues and images of this new M.O.D.O.K. for nearly two weeks* and now it's time to reveal all. In order to do that properly, we spoke with the HULK crew to glean some insight into the hows and whys of bringing this new M.O.D.O.K. to life. As Hardman explains, the process was collaborative.

"Mark [Paniccia, HULK editor] and Jeff [Parker] asked me to take a crack at it," said Hardman. "Jeff had some specifics he wanted to integrate, specifically the legs and bald head. My design process was to go back through the previous iterations of M.O.D.O.K.'s look to get a feel for the choices other artists had made over the years. But I mainly focused on his early appearances. Anytime I design something for Marvel, I want it to feel like it could fit into the world Jack Kirby designed, even if it has more contemporary industrial design elements."

Looking at Hardman's designs, the most striking addition is easily M.O.D.O.K.'s creepy spider-like legs. "There will be a modular aspect to his armor that we haven't seen before," Hardman teased.

"It's a new age, and we need a new M.O.D.O.K. who works in new ways," added Parker. "This one will get out and interact in a way the previous model didn't. And he's a bit of a charmer."

"M.O.D.O.K. is one of those disturbingly weird characters that has somehow found a special place with many a comic book fan," noted Paniccia. "I don't even want to think about how this design would make its way to our hearts."

Will this M.O.D.O.K. 2.0 charm his way into our hearts? Maybe, but only long enough to rip them out and turn them into evil science weapons--with creepy crawly legs.

Even more pressing, will there be a redesigned M.O.D.A.M. in the near future? "You wish!" Hardman exclaimed.

Indeed we do.

Don't miss the new M.O.D.O.K.'s return in HULK #29, on sale February 2, 2011!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

I can't believe that they're turning him back so soon

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@danhimself said:
    " I can't believe that they're turning him back so soon "
    It's only been a month or two since he got depowered 
    Seems rushed imho.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF

i was gonna say the last i saw he was depowered back in to a human being, but even though he was depowered since he was so powerfully intelligent that maybe he was smart enough to super power himself again. Why you would want to go back to that look is beyond me though
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Odd that they're redesigning him when the classic version is about to be in MvC3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.