MODOK Reign Delay REVIEWED, Funny Stuff Here!

Posted by G-Man (30645 posts) - - Show Bio
MODOK has his own comic.  Who would've thought this would happen?  Who would've thought that I'd actually buy this?  MODOK is a man (or maybe just a head) that wants to rule the world.  You may ask yourself, "Does this tie into Dark Reign?"  Sure it does.  MODOK contacts Norman Osborn about having a bigger role in things.  Will we see repercussions of this story in other comics?  That's another story.  Check out the review to see what it's all about. 

All I can say is I really enjoyed this comic.  It's amazing that this entire comic was done by just one person, Ryan Dunlavey.  I recently started liking MODOK when he started doing the Marvel What The--?! videos at Marvel.  This just shows how funny a character he can be.  And it's not just about comedy.  We also find out some information about MODOK's past.  Ooooh.   

You need to ask yourself why you read comics.  Comics should be about entertainment.  This book entertains.  It's simply a funny and well written book.  Add Dunlavey's art style to this and the whole thing is just a win.  If you want a comic that is going to make you laugh, check out this book.
Staff
#1 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

I so need to buy this now.
#2 Posted by Lyrad (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha!  Parts of this comic did make me laugh.  The first page with all the voice messages was so funny. 

#3 Posted by ryanwh (373 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how you handle lame heroes and villains. Not just killing them off.

#4 Posted by Namor1987 (1881 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man did you realize how close title is to Ryan Dunlavey is to Reign Delay lol just noticed that?
#5 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna take a sidestep on the whole shock that one person worked on the book. My opinion on that matter is fairly well known. That being said.

This book really seems in the tradition of an actual 'comic' book. Most of what we call comics really are more graphic novels with little to nothing comical about them. This just looked like something that was designed as a fun read. That's what is great about it. Seems a shame it would be a one shot. It would be fun to make this seasonal and have a parody of whatever major event is currently going on with Marvel. 

I love that bit about him calling Osborn and leaving all the messages. You'd think Osborn would put him on call block.

#6 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice M.O.D.O.K. voice, G-Man!  It'd be great if Marvel did some other comedy/parody comics.  Looks funny, we all need a bit of humor in our "funny books".  
#7 Posted by inferiorego (21228 posts) - - Show Bio

This was actually my pick of the week this week! I loved this book! MODOK (or MODOC) is my favorite Marvel villain and Dunlavey handled this character perfectly. And... it was actually funny! At times, the humor did seem a little forced, but a quick Mind-Blast on the minons made forget those bits.

I, too, was sad it's only a one-shot

Staff
#8 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio

I got to read this!!!

#9 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

M.O.D.O.K is funny, but I don't know if I'll get it. I hope some more of those M.O.D.O.K videos come out. They're funny.
#10 Posted by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

I am SO buying this right NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8D

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

PLEASE make this a series and an animated show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8D

What girl wouldn't want a giant floating head around the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8D 

#11 Posted by Kyle C (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Sold.

#12 Posted by Lyrad (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor1987 said:
"G-Man did you realize how close title is to Ryan Dunlavey is to Reign Delay lol just noticed that? "

Haharr!  Oh yeah.  Well noticed.
#13 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

This comic had me at high school reunion!

#14 Posted by mattydeNero (520 posts) - - Show Bio

Boo.
#15 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Why doesn't modok have an ongoing?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.