The future for Mockingbird? *spoilers*

#1 Edited by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

As those who read New Avengers #13 may know, to save her life, Bobbi was injected with the Infinity Formula. For those who don't know what that is, it's an anti aging formula that Nick Fury used to keep him young, it is essentially a variant to the super soldier serum. Throughout her career, Bobbi has never had powers, but the prospect of the formula could mean the development of super powers. However this does come with a down side... 

New Avengers #13 
The formula will have unexpected results for Bobbi and it's unknown how the formula will effect her at the moment. I'm curious to see how other Viners feel about the idea of a character who has always been human, being turned into super-human, will it take away from the character or add to them? 
New Avengers #13
#2 Posted by Kairan1979 (16701 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog
that will complicate her relationship with Clint even further.
#3 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't it Infinity Formula mixed with the Super Soldier Serum. She nearly kept up with Captain America in the past, she should be pretty badass now.

#4 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979: definitely, seeing as he was the one that made the call to give it to her as well! 

@PrinceIMC: Yeah something like that, that bit kinda confused me, haha exactly! She's gonna be sick
#5 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I liked that she was just a talented fighter without any modifications

#6 Posted by zerophyte (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if the serum/formula's effects will be permanent like Cap and Fury's?

#7 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if I understood this well but I get the feeling that she might turn evil. Didn't they use the Nazi Cap formula on her?

#8 Posted by blackair9 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a god development, the costume change was a nice start , now they need to giver something that real makes her a unique character. She has always felt like a scaled down Black widow or depower Ms. Marvel.

#9 Edited by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

So she's supposed to watch her friends die except Logan, Cap, Nick & every mutant & superhuman or  character with longevity or immortality or an advanced healing/aging factor? 

@blackair9 That's exactly what she is/was a depowered Black Widow but I see her more as a depowered Marvel version of Dinah Lance aka Black Canary
#10 Posted by karrob (4274 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackair9 said:
I think this is a god development, the costume change was a nice start , now they need to giver something that real makes her a unique character. She has always felt like a scaled down Black widow or depower Ms. Marvel.
#11 Posted by Kairan1979 (16701 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm bummed that they just maybe her another Captain America. I thought it would've been cool if the serum somehow gave her "muscle mimic" powers like that girl from Heroes. Then she could "mock" Hawkeye's archery skills or Spider-Man's agility or Wolverine's ability to be everywhere in the MU at once.

#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987 said:

So she's supposed to watch her friends die except Logan, Cap, Nick & every mutant & superhuman or character with longevity or immortality or an advanced healing/aging factor?

lol this is what i thought when i saw the scans too.

@Kairan1979 said:

If you saw New Avengers #14, you could see Mockingbird in action. Am I the only one who think that
Bobby is overpowered? She is supposed to be on Captain America's level, not to become superhuman.

I would expect her to be more powerful then either of them if she was pumped with both the infinity formula and the Super soldier serum

#14 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I hope that things still work out for them and I hope that she gets back to a certain title called Hawkeye and Mockingbird. Just saying.

#15 Posted by Masterpiece (17 posts) - - Show Bio

They are just trying to make her the new Black Widow...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.