Follow

Mockingbird

Character » Mockingbird appears in 1141 issues.

Dr. Barbara "Bobbi" Morse is an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and a founding member of West Coast Avengers. She's an excellent spy and biochemist.

Mockingbird at the end of Secret Invasion is a Skrull!

cwpolzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By cwpolzel  Moderator

I believe that the characters that crash land in the Skrull ship are indeed Skrulls, are at least some of them.

I believe Mockingbird is a Skrull because when she was killed in Avengers West Coast #100, she did not revert to a Skrull body. All Skrulls that have been killed, have returned to Skrull form.

nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nyx

I heard that Mockingbird was not a Skrull, meant to be some sort of twist to the plot.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hadrelius

Blue_Shield says:

"I believe that the characters that crash land in the Skrull ship are indeed Skrulls, are at least some of them. I believe Mockingbird is a Skrull because when she was killed in Avengers West Coast #100, she did not revert to a Skrull body. All Skrulls that have been killed, have returned to Skrull form."

But the series is gonna change a lot of things, so this would be a good way to bring certain characters back.

DJ Gladiator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DJ Gladiator

Bring Mockingbird back I love her.

DJ Gladiator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DJ Gladiator

Post Deleted.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By John_Feaster

My personal opinion is that Mockingbird IS a Skrull...and that the she remembers the miscarrage (and the importance of October 12th), because her memories were implanted from the REAL Mockingbird in the same way we say Jessica Drews memories inplanted in the new Spiderwoman (the Skrull). However, I feel that the skrull Mockingbird knows that she and the others on the ship were sent here to die in combat as a distraction and not a real threat. These guys are NOT as dangerious as the skrulls invading New York! The Skrull Mockingbird is losing herself to her implanted "Bobbie Morris" personality and memories, and she is attempting to play out the part, because her Bobbie Morris personality loves Hawkeye. She'll be exposed in the end, but will choose to either die saving Clint OR will try -- but fail -- to convince Clint that as she has his dead wifes personality and memories...she might as well BE the real Bobbie Morris. After all, what are we but the sum of our memories? If he rejects her, she'll flee and try to start over again disguised as a human, taking on a new heroic identity and trying to live her life as Bobbie Morris would. Brave and proud...but knowing that she's only a copy of the real Bobbie Morris.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    WELL DUH!
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By John_Feaster

;>)

Hey, I'm just tryin' to be creative, over here! That's my twist...what's yours? If it's is or isn't a skrull, what do you think happens? If you were writing the series, what would YOU write next?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    John_Feaster said:
    "   Hey, I'm just tryin' to be creative, over here! That's my twist...what's yours? If it's is or isn't a skrull, what do you think happens? If you were writing the series, what would YOU write next?"
    Why didn't you put this in the Skrull Watch thread? This will probably get locked.She's obviously a skrull.How is it possible that on a ship full of skrulls Mockingbird would happen to be the real Mockingbird.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

It's been over two months and this hasn't been locked.  Why couldn't someone on the Skrull ship not be a Skrull?  Bendis has said some heroes would be returning that were thought dead.  Is Mockingbird that lucky?  I'm thinking probably not even though I'd really like to see her back.

I just don't see the point in attacking someone for their opinion. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    G~man said:
    "It's been over two months and this hasn't been locked.  Why couldn't someone on the Skrull ship not be a Skrull?  Bendis has said some heroes would be returning that were thought dead.  Is Mockingbird that lucky?  I'm thinking probably not even though I'd really like to see her back.

I just don't see the point in attacking someone for their opinion. 
    "
    Who is attacking?
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck

Maybe it was your mocking tone. 

Get it?  Mocking?  Mockingbird.  Also he wasn't the one that created this thread so why wouldn't he post about Mockingbird in a Mockingbird thread?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Why are all other threads dealing with skrulls locked but this one isn't?

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Queen Kong

Mockingbird is a skrull.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By John_Feaster

WOAH!!!!

Nobody was attacking anyone. It's just that --- even with those wonderful "emotocons" and such -- it's hard to get a feeling of tone in a blank post. I'm certain nothing was meant by anything.

I noticed that the other Skrull threads seem closed or something.

And yes...I think she's a skrull. I HOPE she isn't...but I wonder what's the story with Mockingbird's soul being in HELL, working off her karma debt for allowing the Night Rider to fall to his death.

But then again...I REALY HATE THAT STORY!

Where's the justice in a world where a woman can be raped and drugged by a lunatic...then be DAMNED TO HELL not for killing the man...but just not saving him from falling to his death? That was a TERRIBLE STORY!!!

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Queen Kong
    John_Feaster said:
    "   WOAH!!!!

Nobody was attacking anyone. It's just that --- even with those wonderful "emotocons" and such -- it's hard to get a feeling of tone in a blank post. I'm certain nothing was meant by anything.

I noticed that the other Skrull threads seem closed or something.

And yes...I think she's a skrull. I HOPE she isn't...but I wonder what's the story with Mockingbird's soul being in HELL, working off her karma debt for allowing the Night Rider to fall to his death.

But then again...I REALY HATE THAT STORY!

Where's the justice in a world where a woman can be raped and drugged by a lunatic...then be DAMNED TO HELL not for killing the man...but just not saving him from falling to his death? That was a TERRIBLE STORY!!!"
    huh?
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By John_Feaster

Mockingbird is in Marvel Hell. She's supposed to be punished for having allowed the Night Rider to die. The Night Rider kidnapped her, drugged her...and raped her. When he was falling off a clif, she didn't save him. Then, after she died...she was years later seen in hell, battling the dead and working off the sin of having NOT SAVED THE MAN WHO RAPED HER!

It's a story arch I didn't like at all. I'd rather have it turn out she was alive the whole time, and that the "Mockingbird in Hell" idea was some illusion created be Mephisto to torment Hawkeye.

Hawkingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Hawkingbird

Did you not read the Skrullverine story? No Skrull body there.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By John_Feaster

Oh, to HELL WITH THIS!

I can't believe that THAT is how Bendis wraps the Mockingskrull idea up. She believe she's Mockingbird! She's not foaming and ranting like some cartoon monster! Those heroes ALL BELIEVED THEY WERE THE PEOPLE THEY WERE DISGUISED AS!!!

Hawkeye didn't just shoot them. He murdered them. I can't believe that he'd do that. Dispite everything that's gone on, I can't believe he'd do that, or that even a torture-rattled Mister Fantastic would. That sucked!

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By avengpymhawk

I agree, Hawkeye was and has been out of character since Bendis took over the helm of the Avengers. Heck all of the characters of been out of character from his writing.  This whole Secret Invasion is a great idea, but his writing is lacking and his research of characters history just plain stinks. Now Avengers Initiative and Increditable Hercules have picked-up this event better than the series. Oh well Marvel's golden boy needs to go elsewhere.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John_Feaster

True enough. "Sacred Invasion" and the back stories we're getting from Initiative are like ambrosia. What kills me is that the first few issues of Secret Invasion were pretty good. Still...it's his characterizations that bug me, not his concepts. The idea of the Invasion was excellent, but his exicution of that idea...unsatisfying.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.