Who is Worthy?

• 76 results
#51 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Also, Spartan (Wildcats) would *definitely* be worthy. Robot or not, he's good people."

i think that any robot can hold it. that's why the destroyer armor can lift it.

Night-Claw says:

"The Mighty Thor says:
"hey is the hulk worty cause i saw a pic of him holding it?"
I don't think it would matter if the Hulk was worthy or not, he would just get mad at not being able to lift it and then just get strong enough to slowly lift it."

its not that it's heavy and someone can be strong enough to lift it. if you arent worthy, you just cant lift it.

#52 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah any andriod canlift it. Air-walker did as well.

PS; Apple I gave in to the Thor Black Adam fight. You won :)

lol

#53 Posted by Bob-A-Ferret (75 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer to who is worthy of Mjolnir and who can wield it is simpler than you have made it. No being of evil may lift it. No being of might can grasp it. Only those who have a soul bound and determined to to protect the innocent can lift it. There for Apocalypse can heave and ho all he wants and can not lift it hell he couldn't grasp it. Hulk who is a creature of rage but fundamentally wants only the corrupt and evil to pay can do so however his rage does get in the way hence there is times where he can and can't lift depending on how much his rage is in the way. Zombie Thor can't lift it not because he is dead but because he wants to do harm not protect. (though it is fundamentally impossible for a god to die so there for becoming a zombie does not work. But what ever zombies be a fad unfortunately one riddled with holes and Hollywood bullshizzz) Captain America can lift it though depending on his focus on what is just the difficulty varies. Spidey can lift it but his conscience gets in his way so he has yet to pull it off. Aunt may could not do so her only concern is for peter Mj and herself she is a fairly selfish character and hates what she doesn't understand and that would stop her. Storm can lift Mjolnir and has because she is in harmony with the hammers will she wishes to do good for all.

Thor Can only lift the hammer thanks to his belt and bracers which augment his strength enough to do so even though he is concerned for others and has sacrificed his place in asgard. He has never proven able to lift mjolnir with out these aids as he is not confident enough in his own self and constantly is asking for Odin's assistance.

#54 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres also the concept that Mjolnir was forged as a weapon in a warrior society to go to the greatest warrior of that society (Asgard). Odin enchanted the hammer in such a way that only a person who shared a number characteristics with Thor would be able to lift it. Not a cold hearted murderer, but a true honorable warrior. Therefore Captain America can lift it because it could be argued that he is the among greatest warriors in Midgard. Dargo and Beta Ray can lift it for similar reasons.

Hulk once lifted it because the enchantments on the hammer were temporarily nullified for some reason. The ability to lift Mjolnir has never, ever been about brute strength.

I don't believe that Spidey can lift it because he's NOT in a any way shape or form a warrior in the same sense that Thor is.

#55 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman & cap I dont think anyone else should ever be able to do it. and if so it BAD WRITING!

#56 Posted by Kal-Kent (45 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i agree with speeddlgt supes and cap are very worthy look at superman he hanst never really done anything wrong hes always careful by holding back his power so he is worthy cap froze himsefl after defusing the bbomb in ww2 worthyness...even though stor has held it i dont think she should of....surfer maybe becuz he has done some bad things in his life.....but someone said aunt m is probally worthy...now that you mention maybe just maybe becuz ot her whole life in the comics shes always a sweet old lady....

#57 Posted by Kal-Kent (45 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i agree with speeddlgt supes and cap are very worthy look at superman he hanst never really done anything wrong hes always careful by holding back his power so he is worthy cap froze himsefl after defusing the bbomb in ww2 worthyness...even though stor has held it i dont think she should of....surfer maybe becuz he has done some bad things in his life.....but someone said aunt m is probally worthy...now that you mention maybe just maybe becuz ot her whole life in the comics shes always a sweet old lady....

#58 Posted by Bob-A-Ferret (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Theres also the concept that Mjolnir was forged as a weapon in a warrior society to go to the greatest warrior of that society (Asgard). Odin enchanted the hammer in such a way that only a person who shared a number characteristics with Thor would be able to lift it. Not a cold hearted murderer, but a true honorable warrior. Therefore Captain America can lift it because it could be argued that he is the among greatest warriors in Midgard. Dargo and Beta Ray can lift it for similar reasons.Hulk once lifted it because the enchantments on the hammer were temporarily nullified for some reason. The ability to lift Mjolnir has never, ever been about brute strength.I don't believe that Spidey can lift it because he's NOT in a any way shape or form a warrior in the same sense that Thor is."

AH a fellow Norse man very good. your statement is true enough as well. However Hulks most recent wielding of Mjolnir was due to qualifying even through his rage as have several of his other attempts. And Spidey has lifted it but not wielded it perse in fact he asked how Thor could lug it around with out his arms falling off. Thor Laughs no explanation was given as he felt it was obvious..

#59 Posted by darth_fletcher (262 posts) - - Show Bio

to lift mjolnir you have to be a warrior with a pure and good spirit. thats why very few have been able to lift it.

#60 Edited by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tevnoba said:

"

Very, Very, Very few beings in any universe could pick it up. Taking out cosmic entities who are stronger than Odin's magic . . .

Worthy in Mjolnir's "eyes":

Purest of heart

Truest of intentions

Fearlessness and willing to sacrifice

"

Given this and the warrior requirement, I think Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) can pick up Mjolnir... but not wield it.    

#61 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
"

Given this and the warrior requirement, I think Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) can pick up Mjolnir... but not wield it.    

"
I thought the point of Wendell was that he is not a warrior?
#62 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Which is why I have him picking it up but not wielding it... but the same way as Spidey is apparently capable.

#63 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey for sure maye even people like cap and cyclops

#64 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't buy Cyclops. I really don't think he has the purest heart given his liasions with Emma while married to Jean amongst other things.  
#65 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze:   i mean current cyclops, the pure heart maybe tough since he did order the formation of current xforce but he defo meets the rest of the rules needed

ps womanising is the viking way lol
#66 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

His past indescretions aren't erased to my knowledge. Although the X-books retcon things as often I change my underwear so....
#67 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze: 
yeah but people can change thats the thing iam trying to imply , people could be unworthy at one point but worthy at another depending on the situation at hand and there reaction to it
#68 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, they can... I just don't think Mjolnir or Odin  have the same standards you do.
#69 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

lol yeah thats true but i think even odin would consider cyclops a worthy warrior with the amount of battle experience he has agaisnt high class villans he has fought as the leader of the xmen

#70 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:

"lol yeah thats true but i think even odin would consider cyclops a worthy warrior with the amount of battle experience he has agaisnt high class villans he has fought as the leader of the xmen "

Odin IS notorously strick when it comes to that sort of thing and we're talking what? 2004(?) that Jean busted Scott cheating on her? Thats like 1 YEAR continuity-wise. Nevermind the fact that she died almost right afterward. I don't think that a year after cheating on his now dead wife is enough to allow him to be worthy of an artifact of the gods especially given the fact that he has continued to bone Emma well after Jean had sacrificed herself to save the world.

#71 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
 ps womanising is the viking way lol "

Theres womanizing and then there's dishonoring your marriage vows. Those are two totally seperate things.
#72 Posted by CaptinAwesome (317 posts) - - Show Bio

So who has Lifted Mjolnir? I remeber Drax during the infinity gauntlet was fighting Thor and picked it up in space. I know The Red Hulk picked it up in space saying there is no weight in space thats why he was able to pick it up, but personally I think that was bad writing. I mean even though Drax picked it up in space it appeared he struggled to do so and I think he might have had the power gem at the time...

#73 Posted by darth_fletcher (262 posts) - - Show Bio

id only give it to cap if thor died again...hes definitely the worthiest !!!

#74 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

- Wonder Woman
- Captain America
- Superman (only for a short time) 

"The Worthy"
- The Hulk
-The Juggernaut
- ????

#75 Posted by venomyak (1443 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Spider-man
  2. Iron Fist
  3. Nightcrawler
  4. Ben Grimm
#76 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

those who're worthy, those who're also pure of heart as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.