Follow

Mjolnir

Object » Mjolnir appears in 3589 issues.

Mjolnir (pronounced myawl-nir) is the enchanted hammer wielded by Thor. It was forged by the dwarf weaponsmiths Brokk and Eitri after a bet with Loki. The name means crusher or grinder.

Mjollnir falls and Galactus eats the Earth, what would happen?

DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DeathinFire

I've always wondered.  What would happen if Mjollnir fell to Earth and Galactus ate the Earth?  Like, what would happen to the hammer?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe
    @DeathinFire:
    thor's hammer has hit the ground a few times doesnt seem to be a big deal and if galactus ate earth i assume hed just go on looking for another planet to eat
    Sun King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sun King

I imagine it's same thing that happens if you accidentally swallow the pip of a peach whole.........

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Erik

The hammer would get left behind on the dead planet. 

Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Archetype

The hammer would either be turned into pure energy or it would give him "the runs" yeah Galactus' dookie I went there.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By warlock360

Reed richards / Doom / Sentry would defnitely try and let that not happen : ) and of course thor himself.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Erik
    @erik said:
    " The hammer would get left behind on the dead planet.  "
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By sexy_merc

Mjolnir will make its way out of Galactus' ass.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @erik said:
    " @erik said:
    "
    Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Archetype
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " @erik said:
    " @erik said:
    "
    "
    You assume Galactus would leave such a thing behind? He might but who is to say he wouldn't devour it's energies? I know the amount he consumes in incalculable but perhaps Mjolnir would be like a tasty little chocolate candy, a magical morsel if you will. I know I doubt it too such things are below the mighty devourer but he is knowledgeable and he might take notice to something he has seen before...he might recognize it's significance.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Primmaster64
    @erik said:

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Erik
    @Archetype said:
    " @DEGRAAF said:
    " @erik said:
    " @erik said:
    "
    "
    You assume Galactus would leave such a thing behind? He might but who is to say he wouldn't devour it's energies? I know the amount he consumes in incalculable but perhaps Mjolnir would be like a tasty little chocolate candy, a magical morsel if you will. I know I doubt it too such things are below the mighty devourer but he is knowledgeable and he might take notice to something he has seen before...he might recognize it's significance. "
    You assume he can absorb the energies of the hammer. It is magical in nature and may be beyond the tech that Galactus uses to absorb the energies of a planet. 
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Archetype:
    im sure it would fill him up alot if he notices it. i wouldnt assume he would leave it behind if he knows its there
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom
    @erik said:
    " @Archetype said:
    " @DEGRAAF said:
    " @erik said:
    " @erik said:
    "
    "
    You assume Galactus would leave such a thing behind? He might but who is to say he wouldn't devour it's energies? I know the amount he consumes in incalculable but perhaps Mjolnir would be like a tasty little chocolate candy, a magical morsel if you will. I know I doubt it too such things are below the mighty devourer but he is knowledgeable and he might take notice to something he has seen before...he might recognize it's significance. "
    You assume he can absorb the energies of the hammer. It is magical in nature and may be beyond the tech that Galactus uses to absorb the energies of a planet.  "
    Galactus can absorb Mephisto's realm, I think he can do the same with the power of the hammer. I really don't think his technology is that far behind. His science is so above the general level it's almost like magic...
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Erik
    @AtPhantom said: 
    Galactus can absorb Mephisto's realm, I think he can do the same with the power of the hammer. I really don't think his technology is that far behind. His science is so above the general level it's almost like magic... "
    I can agree with his tech being so advanced, it seems magical. But we have no idea if he can absorb the energies of the hammer. Not only that, but it was never even indicated that Galactus is right next to the hammer when he absorbs the planet. I am sure that the standard tech he carts around would miss it because Mjollnir uses a radically different source of energy than a planet. Perhaps if he found the hammer, and decided to take it with him or modify the tech he has to accommodate the absorption of the hammer then sure. 
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom
    @erik said:
    " @AtPhantom said: 
    Galactus can absorb Mephisto's realm, I think he can do the same with the power of the hammer. I really don't think his technology is that far behind. His science is so above the general level it's almost like magic... "
    I can agree with his tech being so advanced, it seems magical. But we have no idea if he can absorb the energies of the hammer. Not only that, but it was never even indicated that Galactus is right next to the hammer when he absorbs the planet. I am sure that the standard tech he carts around would miss it because Mjollnir uses a radically different source of energy than a planet. Perhaps if he found the hammer, and decided to take it with him or modify the tech he has to accommodate the absorption of the hammer then sure.  "
    Well since he can absorb magical energies, I would presume he can absorb the hammer as well.

As for the distance from him, the general consensus is that when Galactus eats a planet, he behind nothing but a dead husk. Now I presume that every planet and race has some manner of magical energies, so where do those energies go? I'd guess he absorbs them along with just about everything else on the planet. This is, of course, just my presumption.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By MrDirector786

If Galactus ate the planet ,everyone on Earth would be dead.

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By drkhwk2001
    @MrDirector786: You are correct SIR.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erik
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @erik said:
    " @AtPhantom said: 
    I can agree with his tech being so advanced, it seems magical. But we have no idea if he can absorb the energies of the hammer. Not only that, but it was never even indicated that Galactus is right next to the hammer when he absorbs the planet. I am sure that the standard tech he carts around would miss it because Mjollnir uses a radically different source of energy than a planet. Perhaps if he found the hammer, and decided to take it with him or modify the tech he has to accommodate the absorption of the hammer then sure.  "
    Well since he can absorb magical energies, I would presume he can absorb the hammer as well. As for the distance from him, the general consensus is that when Galactus eats a planet, he behind nothing but a dead husk. Now I presume that every planet and race has some manner of magical energies, so where do those energies go? I'd guess he absorbs them along with just about everything else on the planet. This is, of course, just my presumption. "
    Well, I do not have much of a counter-argument for that response so I give.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Galactus doesn't "eat" planets. He absorbs it and leaves the planet behind as a lifeless husk. So the hammer would be left on said lifeless husk.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erik
    @JediXMan said:
    " Galactus doesn't "eat" planets. He absorbs it and leaves the planet behind as a lifeless husk. So the hammer would be left on said lifeless husk. "
    That is true. 
    OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OhTru
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " Mjolnir will make its way out of Galactus' ass. "
    wrong answer

can't touch this  

DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeathinFire

Just wondering.  I mean, if it fell to earth and was just laying there, then it wouldn't be in anyone's possession.  I assume he would try to absorb it's energies but since the hammer is what it is, I wonder if he could.  It's like when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.  I dunno.
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Leliel
    @DeathinFire: First like to point to those others who suggest he devour the hammer energies, yes he could do so but maybe in such dangerous situation the hammer would look for someone to stop Galactus and then after bringing it champion it would try to attack Galactus now here if Galactus got hold of it, he could drain it energies but the hammer can also drain energy so could be possible that under the right person it could drain Galactus' ship of it energies preventing the planets destruction?
    MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wondered. What would happen if Mjollnir fell to Earth and Galactus ate the Earth? Like, what would happen to the hammer?

I guess nothing since Galactus don't eat the earth but feed from their his energies with his machine is actually a commune misconception. The hammer will be just fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.