Follow

Miss Martian

Character » Miss Martian appears in 381 issues.

A young White Martian that traveled to Earth to follow in the footsteps of the Martian Manhunter. She struggles with her past as a member of a race which is not trusted or well-regarded on Earth. She is generally associated with the Teen Titans.

Why so much hate for her in the T.V. series?

• 62 results
    hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By hectorsquall

Hitler:How can the shapeshifter not be naked?"My Martian clothes shapeshift along with me"?We weren't fans of Mystique for her singing voice!

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Hazlenaut

I think there should be a lesson of not abusing a catchphrase. Yes she abused hers like the first season Naruto dubbed. I feel that is should be said for that specific situation. It is one of the flaws of the show.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#53  Edited By Joygirl

She's honestly my favorite character on the show next to Zatanna, but I do want to choke her (maybe in a sexy way) every time her catchphrase comes around.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By SUNMAN

I dislike Ms. Martian because she is a villain pretending to be a hero. She's lobotomizing people left in right without any remorse. And now she's finally lobotomized someone truly innocent. I find her actions despicable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people seriously over react with the Hello Meagan thing it's not that big of a deal to be honest.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#56  Edited By Black_Claw

I thought Miss M was pretty cool during the first season but now, she's just become a villain in Hero's clothing. She pretty much crossed the line when she mind raped Aqualad.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

In the recent episodes, I actually like her a lot. Especially her and Nightwing's moment.

Avatar image for andreggviljammer
    AndreggvilJammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all blatantness, I dislike her a lot. Her catchphrase "Hello, Megan!" is irritating, she acts very wannabe-ly, she talks way too much, fawns over Superboy way too much (Conner/Cassie was comic canon and I liked the pairing a lot), and even though she might be one of the most powerful heroes, she is just so annoying it's hard to believe so. She also looks kind of odd to me, Martian-appearances-wise. Her look never really grew on me. I mean, look at Martian Manhunter/J'onn J'onzz. He looks more of like an actual Martian - Miss M just looks like a normal human who painted her skin green. When I first laid eyes on her, I felt that she could've made a bit more effort to look a bit more Martian. This has nothing to do with her being a White Martian, just that her shapeshifting to her "original" self is... not that great.

In the second season, her attitude is more mature. However, that's the only part I liked - the maturity in her character. Now, her lobotomizing pretty much everyone in her way was a habit she had adopted that proved to be way more annoying than everything I disliked about her in Season 1. To a couple of people, she is a villain in a hero's costume, and I don't disagree. I mean, she lobotomized people left and right, for pete's sake. She did it without remorse, nonetheless. I found that unforgivable, and would prefer it if she and Conner left their relationship there. After some resolving, that is. It would be best if they both talked a bit and become tentative friends on mutual terms, quietly moving on afterwards.

I truly believe that with more character development, Miss M would turn out to be a not pushover-y, not wannabe-y, smart, great hero that would most probably be better off without a permanent relationship. I see her as a character who is more likely to have relationships that are bound to not work out - not one night stands that turn out to be complicated or anything, real relationships that have love and affection in it, but ultimately not working out because of the problems and complications that the future would have in store for her.

(For Conner's case, which isn't exactly relevant to the thread topic, I feel that he would be kind of on-off-ish with Cassie, with lots of romantic and sexual tension, as well as quite a handful of flirting. I feel that, for them, their relationship will remain un-concluded for a very long while before they ultimately decide to stop going around in circles and stop the romance or ultimately decide to stop going around in circles and just be with each other already. Former feels more likely, but there's a big possibility the latter will happen too. Just imo.)

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@hectorsquall:

So Hitler was a fan of DC? Despite all of what the DC heroes have done to him and the Nazis?

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hectorsquall:

So Hitler was a fan of DC? Despite all of what the DC heroes have done to him and the Nazis?

I guess even spiteful monsters can enjoy good things like the DCAU and naked shapeshifters...

And I can't believe I forgot about this thread! rolling on the floor

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

She was alright in S1. Charming and friendly, and trying to adapt.

Come S2 her relationship with Lagoon Boy and her tendency to brain-damage opponents made her entirely unlikeable.

Jay-10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't like how she's considered the most powerful just because of her mind powers, the hello Megan was annoying, but i can look pass that, the creators make her seem like the most powerful character on the show, but i don't see her doing anything special really, she barely uses her martian powers like martian manhutter, who actually fights and only uses his mind powers when necessarily needed, like getting information from people or the telepathic link, i know miss martian does that, but she doesn't fight from what i've seen and she just isn't that interesting to me

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.