Why so much hate for her in the T.V. series?

• 61 results
#1 Posted by mfundo (1620 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay when I watch the videos online people write comments about how M'gann should of never been put into the show and how her catch phrase "Hello Megan" irrates them. Well she is such a sweet girl why do they hate her!? She is probably the most useful person in the team.
#2 Edited by Dernman (13978 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her a lot but she keeps saying "Hello Megan" over and over and over. It's so annoying that even though I like her a lot I want to smash my TV every time she says it.

#3 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe cause she's a knockoff starfire from titans go but less charming?

#4 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I like her a lot but she keeps saying "Hello Megan" over and over and over. It's so annoying that even though I like her a lot I want to smash my TV every time she says it.

OMG THIS, It's like the Naruto anime season one when he use to say "BELIEVE IT" I hated that little punk every episode....bad flash back.

#5 Posted by Dernman (13978 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:

@Dernman said:

OMG THIS, It's like the Naruto anime season one when he use to say "BELIEVE IT" I hated that little punk every episode....bad flash back.

Oh god!!!!   Thanks a lot for reminding me. I was so happy forgetting that. lol
I had to switch from the Eng dub to the Eng sub just to watch it.      He didn't say it there. It was added just to torture Americans.
#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman said:
QFT! 

@Final Arrow said:

@Dernman said:

English subs are the way to go :P
#7 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne: @Dernman: Yeah I swapped to subs.

#8 Posted by Kairan1979 (15745 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear, every time I hear "Hello Megan", I'm starting to look around for my favorite flamethrower. And let's not even talk about M'gann The Cheerleader.

#9 Posted by The_Tree (6400 posts) - - Show Bio

Because a little "Hello Megan"'s go a long way.
But that doesn't really make me hate the character, it's just a little peeve.

#10 Posted by mfundo (1620 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay it's a little annoying but c'mon guys!
#11 Posted by cattlebattle (12274 posts) - - Show Bio
@mfundo said:
Okay when I watch the videos online people write comments about how M'gann should of never been put into the show and how her catch phrase "Hello Megan" irrates them. Well she is such a sweet girl why do they hate her!? She is probably the most useful person in the team.
Actually

She says Hello Megan all the time because she is imitating a popular televison show called "hello Megan", which on the show, is the characters catchphrase...she is a white martian and is just using her televison information to pass as "normal"

This will probably be revealed towards the end of the series, In the episode "Bereft" in Superboys mind, you can actually see a clip of the show where the girl is dressed as a cheerleader....the girl on the show looks exactly like Megan....she basically stole her whole identity from the show

It's quite brilliant actually
#12 Posted by mfundo (1620 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle
Oh, I know all of that and she is not a white martian, she was allegedly made a green martian for the T.V. show. She is also Martian Manhunter's biological niece. Even though her catch phrase is kind of annoying I still think it's awesome.
#13 Posted by cattlebattle (12274 posts) - - Show Bio
@mfundo said:
@cattlebattle: Oh, I know all of that and she is not a white martian, she was allegedly made a green martian for the T.V. show. She is also Martian Manhunter's biological niece. Even though her catch phrase is kind of annoying I still think it's awesome.
Nope, she's a white martian...you'll see. She is lying about being Manhunters neice, similar to Artemis lying about being Arrows......a heavy theme about the show is secrets and lies.

If you'll notice in the episode "Targets" she gets upset about people being treated as second class citizens, she then references the White Martian race on Mars being treated that way...because she is one
#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11706 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant hate Miss Martian in any way shape or form

#15 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGoldenOne: Except if its DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho or Gurren lagann.
#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24098 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even know there was any hate for her

#17 Posted by Ms. Omega (4192 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

U GUYS MAD?

#19 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember that Megan's behavior is her approximation of an Earth girl and is largely based on what she sees on television.

She only does the "Hello Megan" thing maybe once or twice an episode.  I'm sure by now the creators understand the viewer's irritation with the phrase, but it's too late to adjust work that has already made it through the production pipeline.

#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (9069 posts) - - Show Bio

I love her

#21 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11706 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

U GUYS MAD?

i watched all ten minutes. but it helped that i got  lost in her eyes.........
#22 Edited by mfundo (1620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt
I'm so glad people love M'gann just as much as I do, "Hello Megan" may be annoying but it's pretty cute. Do think she is a White Martian like cattlebattle thinks due to the fact that some people on the show are lying and are hiding secrets about certain things?
#23 Posted by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio

personally i find ALL catchphrases annoying, whether it is "it's clobberin' time" "hello megan" "up up and away" or "flame on" you don't need to announce a battle cry..just do it

#24 Posted by Aeroman (483 posts) - - Show Bio

i do like her, I just find her catch phrase so annoying if she says it once or twice that's fine if she overdoes then that's when it gets annoying

#25 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

People hate her? I think she's adorable.

#26 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio
@mfundo: i dount hate her my ears just bleed and my brain shuts down when evr she speaes =)
#27 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: i lasted 20 seconds.
#28 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11706 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180 said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt: i lasted 20 seconds.
thats because your less of a man....lmao just kidding
#29 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Miss Martian

#30 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123
I laughed so hard.
#31 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt
I lasted without even having to get lost in her eyes.
#32 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: hello there i am zero docter he has been put into a mental hospital becasue he whated that vidio a scond time for 50 second and had a mental break down.He ceeps on repeting hello megan over and over.
#33 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11706 posts) - - Show Bio
@SurelockeHomes said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt: I lasted without even having to get lost in her eyes.
how could you not get lost in those eyes?
#34 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
Moral of this thread: Nobody on Youtube has a valid opinion on anything. :)
#35 Posted by mfundo (1620 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Miss M to pieces!
#36 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio
@mfundo said:
Love Miss M to pieces!
Hello Megan is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY annoying... 
I wish wondergirl was on the show... :(
#37 Posted by mfundo (1620 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp
I hope you be talking about her catch phrase and not her as a person because I will...  
Don't worry, apperently Wonder Girl will becoming in Season 2 or during Season 1.
#38 Posted by Billy Batson (56869 posts) - - Show Bio

I got used to the phrase. 

BB

#39 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Yeah, it seems implied that she's a white martian passing for a green martian, though it remains to be seen if she's truly Martian Manhunter's niece or if he's covering for her or she's fooled him somehow. Based on what she's said, white martians aren't prone to violence and aggression like in the comics, but rather are a minority who feel bitter towards the greens for treating them poorly. So its not a matter of good martians vs bad martians but rather racial tensions, and if thats the case she COULD be Martian manhunter's real niece but is hiding her true white martian appearance for some reason, like maybe most of her family is green so she makes herself look green to fit in or something.

#40 Posted by cattlebattle (12274 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sinestro2828 said:

@cattlebattle: Yeah, it seems implied that she's a white martian passing for a green martian, though it remains to be seen if she's truly Martian Manhunter's niece or if he's covering for her or she's fooled him somehow. Based on what she's said, white martians aren't prone to violence and aggression like in the comics, but rather are a minority who feel bitter towards the greens for treating them poorly. So its not a matter of good martians vs bad martians but rather racial tensions, and if thats the case she COULD be Martian manhunter's real niece but is hiding her true white martian appearance for some reason, like maybe most of her family is green so she makes herself look green to fit in or something.

she has a memory of a white martian in Bereft not saying she is one full on...just my belief

#41 Posted by MrMazz (974 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't HATE her but HELLOOOOOOOOOO MEGAN makes me want to punch her in the face it needs to die in fire

#42 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@Sinestro2828 said:

she has a memory of a white martian in Bereft not saying she is one full on...just my belief

Nothings for certain of course, I just get the impression that M'gann is trying to hide her true nature as a white martian due to personal shame or fear of rejection due to how her people were treated by the Green Majority. Perhaps one of her parents was white and the other green, which could explain how she could be the niece of the Martian Manhunter if her mom or dad was related to him. She may have been raised to pass herself off as a green to avoid persecution, or simply wanted to be green in order to fit in, fearing rejection. If any of these ideas are true, I rather like the idea of the green and white martians being portrayed more like real people with good and bad on both sides and logical reasons for why they'd wage war on each other, instead of one being pacifistic and the other barbaric.

Plus, I kinda thought the idea of making M'gann a green martian was kinda a cop out on the series creators part, her white martian origin always made her more interesting.

#43 Posted by cattlebattle (12274 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sinestro2828 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Sinestro2828 said:

Nothings for certain of course, I just get the impression that M'gann is trying to hide her true nature as a white martian due to personal shame or fear of rejection due to how her people were treated by the Green Majority. Perhaps one of her parents was white and the other green, which could explain how she could be the niece of the Martian Manhunter if her mom or dad was related to him. She may have been raised to pass herself off as a green to avoid persecution, or simply wanted to be green in order to fit in, fearing rejection. If any of these ideas are true, I rather like the idea of the green and white martians being portrayed more like real people with good and bad on both sides and logical reasons for why they'd wage war on each other, instead of one being pacifistic and the other barbaric.

Plus, I kinda thought the idea of making M'gann a green martian was kinda a cop out on the series creators part, her white martian origin always made her more interesting.

Well, yeah, I agree with everything you said, I believe she is definitely hiding a white Martian guise and how and when it will be revealed will be interesting I'm sure.....Superboy is apparently the only one aware that her whole life and personality is a sham, as in Bereft his memory was evident that he has seen the show she copies and in recent episode "Terrors" he makes mention of her fantasy life where problems are solved in a half hour

Don't know what the end game is. They are apparently throwing a buch of suspects in relation to the mole on the team, Artemis is the Red Herring I believe, as evidenced in the Young Justice comic series that follows the show...she is acting on her own and not on Sportsmasters command.
Superboy is who I believe will be the plant on the team as he was created by the Light in the first place
Miss Martian ,as we discussed is a White Martian and the second season arc is titled "Invasion"...so maybe she is an advance agent...who knows
Aqualad, being the son of Black Manta is another possibilty, I think he is kind of ruled out though as he has become a fan favorite.
#44 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Yeah, Miss Martian, even if she is a white martian in disguise, isn't likely to be a spy for the Light, which appears to be an earth based super villain organization with big names like Lex and Ghul in its upper echelons (though I think Darkseid might be the one who delivered them that Sphere weapon based on the Boom Tube that was used to bring it to earth). I suspected Artemis a few times, and I haven't read the comic yet, but I agree she's more likely to be a Red Herring meant to distract us from the real spy, since it was the Justice League who added her to the team in the first place and kept her identity from the others. I can't picture Aqualad being the mole, especially after the events that took place in the Atlantean episode, he seems too honorable and loyal to his duty and friends to be the spy....So yeah, Superboy probably is the prime candidate for a mole, not willingly of course, he could be a sleeper agent unaware of what he's done or his mind might still be susceptible to mental probing.

Heck, it could even be a Justice Leaguer for all we know, maybe Red Tornado was hacked or something

#45 Posted by superman77777 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

shes a white martian she just shaepshifted if you would learn to read her life story

#46 Posted by Joygirl (15327 posts) - - Show Bio

I really love Miss Martian, she's my favorite character on the show despite being a poor man's Starfire. But I have to admit, "Hello, Megan!" really makes me wanna slit her throat.

#47 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
personally i find ALL catchphrases annoying, whether it is "it's clobberin' time" "hello megan" "up up and away" or "flame on" you don't need to announce a battle cry..just do it
It's a cheesy thing in comics that started at it's creation that at this point comics are kind of making fun of themselves because it became such a cliche.
#48 Posted by mfundo (1620 posts) - - Show Bio

I love M'gann!

#49 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't a big fan of Megan in the begging of the show (yeah, the "Hello Megan" thing helped ¬¬) but now I like her. She's sweet and would definitely be a nice to have her as a friend in real life.

I just don't think her relationship with Superboy works. (not only because he was actually meant to be with Wonder Girl and Miss Martian replaced her on the show) Or the way he, Wally and even Dick (in a quick scene from episode 3 I guess) think she's super attractive. Come on, she's redheaded, GREEN and has freckles! Plus, that's not even her real face. Even if she wasn't a white martian you could see that body is artificial. Look at her uncle, a bald martian with a pretty awkward face shape O_o

#50 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

She's too adorable. Bring it, haters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.