What are you hiding M'gann?

#1 Edited by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

OK Miss M has been hiding her true appearance since the beginning of the show, everybody knows that. In the latest episode of Young Justice: Disordered, Black Canary tells M'gann that she turned white and M'gann freaks out, but turns out Black Canary meant she turned Caucasian. Is it a clear indication she is truly a White Martian after all because I thought she was purposefully put as Green Martian in the TV show. I think it may be obvious now, what do you think?

#2 Posted by X (225 posts) - - Show Bio

very very very possible

#3 Edited by cattlebattle (12779 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its very blatant at this point

in Bereft she has a flashback of a White Martian and also has a good amount of sentimentality for them

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

So is she really related to J'onn? If not why does J'onn call her his niece? Maybe she was an abandoned white Martian taken in by his family? Or perhaps J'onn's brother or sister had a child with a white Martian and she's bi-racial?

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: At one point I remember someone stating that Martians have hundreds of cousins, something like that. He never met her before earth.

#6 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

I think its very blatant at this point in Bereft she has a flashback of a White Martian and also has a good amount of sentimentality for them

Yup, especially when she talks about how they're oppressed on Mars with Conner

#7 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes me wonder if the skin tone she used for her Halloween costume might be closer to her native shade.

#8 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio
Miss Martian

I'm gonna go with yeah... she's probably a White Martian

#9 Posted by krspaceT (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as she 's not a mole, I could care less if she's green, white or who knows what else

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

She's hiding the fact that she's a white martian. It was heavily hinted at in one of the last episodes.

#11 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

So is she really related to J'onn? If not why does J'onn call her his niece? Maybe she was an abandoned white Martian taken in by his family? Or perhaps J'onn's brother or sister had a child with a white Martian and she's bi-racial?

@PrinceIMC: At one point I remember someone stating that Martians have hundreds of cousins, something like that. He never met her before earth.

To my knowledge, she has no relation with J'onn at all and he only calls her family as a cover up to protect her white martian identity. She's basically a reformed White Martian who preferred the ways of the peaceful Green Martians. J'onn took her in. I just read her origin and that's what I gathered.

#12 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@PrinceIMC said:

To my knowledge, she has no relation with J'onn at all and he only calls her family as a cover up to protect her white martian identity. She's basically a reformed White Martian who preferred the ways of the peaceful Green Martians. J'onn took her in. I just read her origin and that's what I gathered.

In the comics yes, but in the show Young Justice things seem to be a little different. The fact that Martian society is thriving and that white martians don't appear to be violent, they seem to be a lower class, at least from what Miss Martian has said on the show.
#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@PrinceIMC said:

In the comics yes, but in the show Young Justice things seem to be a little different. The fact that Martian society is thriving and that white martians don't appear to be violent, they seem to be a lower class, at least from what Miss Martian has said on the show.

Oh oh oh! My apologies, I thought you were talking about the comics, completely forgot about YJ, hahaha.

#14 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess some of y'all were right, she is a White Martian.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.