Follow

Minimum Carnage

Story arc »

Cletus Kasady is back to doing what he does best: killing. However, he seems to be dancing to someone else's directions this time. The story that will bring together Carnage, Venom, and the Scarlet Spider at last!

The Carnage Dilemma: who's to Blame for his actions

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By WWAJfan

Minimum Carnage ended yesterday in a awesome way (my opinion) and I say that because of how good this arc has been, my focus here is the Omega issue, which was illustrated by Lan Medina (wonderful as usual), and written by Bunn and Yost. Okay The subject that caught me the attention the most was the ending dialogue between Flash and Kaine:

Spoilers:

F:What did you Do?!

K: How Many Has He Killed?

F; the Symbiote--

K;NO, it was never the Symbiote. It was US. How many time has he been locked up only to escape and Kill Again? At a certain Point, It's Not his Fault Anymore. He IS what He IS. He Kills Becuase we LET Him.

F; What separates us then? What makes us different from Him? This cant be the answer. There has to be another way.

K;..Let me know when you find it.

This Dialogue was well illustrated by Lan, I found it very emotional, and this was the focus both Bunn n Yost wanted to stand out the most, So Who's to blame..... the Monster for murdering.. or the ''Heroes'' who lock up the monster knowing he will escape and go on another murder spree. At some time it's not the Monster's fault?...is it? Are people like Spidey,Venom (Brock), Agent Venom (Flash), the Avengers or etc. responsible for his action for not killing him?But How can they put him down when refuses to die (Carnage has a real potent healing ability, being able to keep Cletus alive in space and be be-headed). Maybe at some point it's not their fault that they cant contain Carnage. Here is a Carnage Line from the awesome Mind Bomb one shot:

C: You Cant shoot Chaos. And you cant Keep it Locked up for Long.

Here is a analysis on the ending on Omega on TUMBLR by Space Jawa:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/minimum-carnagehttp://spacejawa.tumblr.com/

BTW yes the symbiote regrow Cletus lower body (yes he has legs again ), due to their ''Pure'' bonding during these event, Bunn threw the hint during Venom 27 when he got be-headed and the symbiote started regrowing his body.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.