Follow

Mindwarp

Character » Mindwarp appears in 12 issues.

Jay Young is a member of the Secret Seven during Flashpoint. It seems that he has mental powers.

Will Mindwarp Ever Return?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Hi everyone.

I was re-reading Justice League Dark, and realised how odd Mindwarps' departure was. He just didn't turn up for a meeting, someone asked, "Where's Mindwarp?", and they were all like, "I dunno". and I don't know if there's been any mention of him since. I'm paraphrasing by the way, it was written much better than I wrote there.

Now, I'm wondering if Jeff Lemire has decided to not bring him back. I read somewhere that he won't be bringing Shade back into the series because he considers the character to be too personal to Peter Milligan. Seeing as Peter Milligan created Mindwarp for the Flashpoint: Secret Seven mini-series, maybe Jeff Lemire is applying the same rule to Mindwarp.

Maybe there were plans to bring him back in at some point, but the plans were abandoned when Peter Milligan left the project.

Personally, I'd like to see more of him, as he seemed interesting. It'd at least be nice to see why he disappeared, and where he went.

Anyone got any theories on his whereabouts, and would anyone else like to see him return?

Scarlotte.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

Every writer has a favorite line up so some characters are retired. I like enchantress more than deadman. In the 1970s shade the changing man started out as a sci fi character so I find it hard to see Shade fit into Justice League Dark. I think even Mindwarp is better than Deadman but dc needs to keep on using Deadman to try to start a solo series for Deadman again in the future.

Manhunter2070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Manhunter2070

I think Mindwarp is Milligan's baby, so most likely we will see him again whenever Milligan next has the opportunity to put him in a book. Same with Shade really.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@colonyofcells:I haven't read any Shade outside of Secret Seven and Justice League Dark, but I liked him. It was a shame to see him go. I'm planning on reading some more Shade though, any suggestions? I hear the Vertigo series was good. I'd be up for a Deadman solo series.

@Manhunter2070: I look forward to that day. If Jeff Lemire was to leave Justice League Dark, it'd be nice to see Peter Milligan come back.

Manhunter2070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Manhunter2070
    @V_Scarlotte_Rose:  I would strongly, strongly recommend reading more Shade. Milligan's Shade, the changing Man is one of the greatest comics I have ever read. Which is saying something since I've only read the first 3 volumes because that is all DC/Vertigo have put out. I'm quite desperate for them to put out more volumes it was that good.

Also, its still in continuity in a funny way, because it was self-contained for the most part Milligan was able to incorporate his version into secret seven and JLD pretty easily.
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Manhunter2070: I was gonna buy the full run for about £42 on Ebay a few months ago, but I couldn't afford it. I've heard good things about it from a friend, so I'll maybe see about getting the TPBs. Continuity is nice.

Thanks for the tip. :)

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I just found out that they made a Mindwarp Heroclix!

No Caption Provided

Is that normal, making merchandise for a character with so few appearances?

DarthKellie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By DarthKellie

I liked Shade a lot. I was really sad to see him go. I also agree that Minwarps departure was really strange and abrupt. I was just reading JLD and remembered him and was wondering what had really happened, so I came here, and seems everyone has the same question :P

Where did Enchantress go once she was cured?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@darthkellie: I think she just went away to recover. It seems when Jeff Lemire took over writing, he forgot that she'd been in it. That or he didn't want to include her for some reason.

I'd love to see Shade and Mindwarp back, but it'll probably only happen if Peter Milligan comes back as the writer. If not in this series, maybe in series of their own.

Apparently the line-up is changing again sometime soon, so we might get Enchantress back, but I wouldn't count on it.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I wonder what the chances are of him being one of the new team from #24 onwards. I think it's pretty unlikely, but I don't thinks there's been an official statement about him not returning.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.