Resurrecting Exiles Mimic

#1 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

If you could how would you bring Exiles Mimic back from the dead?

#2 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Really easy.
At the time of his death he mimicked Proteus' powers and also possessed Morph's body. Since he only can copy powers at 50% his persona becomes suppressed and isn't noticed. The actual possession wouldn't be noticed either since it would take place at the exact same time.

Later on the Exiles fights some really powerful psychic or maybe even cosmic entity that notices the real threat to the Multiverse in Morph's body and pulls out and destroys Proteus.

After the fight Mimic awakens inside Morphs body. Blink should be there too.

Now there's several possibilities: Either Morph is really dead, and Mimic has to keep his body, or Morph is also alive and Mimic has to find a new body, perhaps by mimicing Morph and just shapeshift another body, or they are stuck together in the same body.
All would open up great story possibilities.

#3 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a cool idea I was going for a time travel thing. Go back in time and stop proteus befor he takes mimc. you know somthing like that.

#4 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually i'm not really sure if that'll work.
There are conflicting sources on the matter of time-travel in the MU where it's stated in some publications like Exiles or Earth X that time-travel is not actually possible, and what happens when someone does time-travel is that they don't actually travel in time, but rather travel to a very similar alternate reality which is either ahead or behind time-wise compared to the original.
Any interference will create a divergent timeline.

I just checked marvel.com and it says there that it's never possible to travel to your own past, you'll always end up in a different reality, but it is possible to travel to your own future, but extremely difficult.

If they somehow were able to time-travel anyway and save Mimic this would create a divergent time-line, and the Mimic saved wouldn't be the same one, but yet another counterpart. Also the reality where Mimic died no longer exists, which complicates matter further.

But speaking of counterparts, another easy way to bring him back would just be to bring back an alternate Mimic, this is Exiles after all.
It would be really cool if they were to bring in a female Mimic, and also to see Blink's reactions to that.

#5 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh ok how about this one because Mimic copied the healing powers of Wolverine and Deadpool Mimic did not die but was put in a state of suspended animation and after a couple of days mimic regained consciousness in the X-Mansion. After that Professor Xavier helps him remove the healing powers he got from Deadpool so that way he will go back to the way he was. Then he works out in the Danger Room to get his skills up to the way they were and after that well who knows.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Mimic should stay dead...his powers are lame.You notice everyone with powers like that always dies

#7 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I think Mimic deserves a second chance. I think a lot of heros need a second chance like X-man, Superboy and Captian America.

#8 Posted by inferiorego (26684 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a good way to bring him back is to kick Claremont & terrible artist whose name I refuse to remember off the book and have anyone else do it

Staff
#9 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Dose eneybody have eney other ideas?

#10 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I got one just for fun The Dragon Balls. Hay how did Hal Jordan come back from the dead maybe we can use that.

#11 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
If they somehow were able to time-travel anyway and save Mimic this would create a divergent time-line, and the Mimic saved wouldn't be the same one, but yet another counterpart. Also the reality where Mimic died no longer exists, which complicates matter further.
Not true, the former time line would still exist as far as the Marvel Actuality is concerned.
#12 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"fesak said:
Not true, the former time line would still exist as far as the Marvel Actuality is concerned."

What do you mean?
#13 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Hay cool my time travel idea still might work.

#14 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Apocalpyse can bring him back as a horsemen or Mephisto will do it for his soul are somthing like that.

#15 Posted by mimic616 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Another idea. Mimic did adapted Proteus' powers and is trapped within his own body. Feeling he failed his friends, his inner demons are keeping him down.  He needs to will himself back to life and use his power to cross realities to Blink and his friends.

#16 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

He's better off dead with the current standard of writing in NE.

#17 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

I just found out that the Sentry can bring back the dead. So maybe he can bring Mimic back? By the way whats a NE?

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
mimic12 said:
"I just found out that the Sentry can bring back the dead. So maybe he can bring Mimic back? By the way whats a NE?"
I think Sentry has to care about you being dead for him to do that.He went crazy and took his wife's death out on Ultron and the Mighty Avengers...somehow she ended up in a bed...next to her was him saying..she was dead but he brought her back.
#19 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"mimic12 said:
"I just found out that the Sentry can bring back the dead. So maybe he can bring Mimic back? By the way whats a NE?"
I think Sentry has to care about you being dead for him to do that.He went crazy and took his wife's death out on Ultron and the Mighty Avengers...somehow she ended up in a bed...next to her was him saying..she was dead but he brought her back."

Oh well back to the old drwning board.
#20 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"mimic12 said:
I think Sentry has to care about you being dead for him to do that.He went crazy and took his wife's death out on Ultron and the Mighty Avengers...somehow she ended up in a bed...next to her was him saying..she was dead but he brought her back."

So, no connection to the alien shapeshifters appearing everywhere atm? Remember, he had no clue why she was back.
#21 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Vance Astro said:
"mimic12 said:

So, no connection to the alien shapeshifters appearing everywhere atm? Remember, he had no clue why she was back."

So maybe Sentry's wife is a Skrull is that what your saying?
#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Vance Astro said:
"mimic12 said:

So, no connection to the alien shapeshifters appearing everywhere atm? Remember, he had no clue why she was back."
No...he did have a clue...he said himself he brought her back.He said "You were dead...Murdered,then I touched you and you were back".
#23 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio
mimic12 said:
"fesak said:
"Vance Astro said:
"mimic12 said:

So maybe Sentry's wife is a Skrull is that what your saying?"

I would be extremely surprised if she isn't. It would be easy for a skrull Lindy to manipulate Sentry, and they would definitely want to either neutralize or use him.
#24 Edited by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry brought he back to life....skrulls can pretend to be someone else but they can't fake death.

#25 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Sentry brought he back to life....skrulls can pretend to be someone else but they can't fake death."

He looked really surprised that she was alive again, i don't think he did it.
A skrull could have replaced her after the real Lindy died, especially since the death was off-panel, and directly after her 'return' she asked Tony Stark for a way to kill Sentry. Isn't that suspicious?
#26 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Sentry brought he back to life....skrulls can pretend to be someone else but they can't fake death."

A skrull could have replaced her after the real Lindy died, especially since the death was off-panel, and directly after her 'return' she asked Tony Stark for a way to kill Sentry. Isn't that suspicious?"

Wow that is suspicious.
#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Vance Astro said:

A skrull could have replaced her after the real Lindy died, especially since the death was off-panel, and directly after her 'return' she asked Tony Stark for a way to kill Sentry. Isn't that suspicious?"
He wasn't suprised..he was happy...he was crying.
Don't you think that Sentry would know if Lindy was dead when he touched her?
She asked Tony to kill him because she was scared of him.
#28 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a new question about Mimic's copying powers but I can only post 2 at a time so I will ask it here.

Can Mimic copy the powers of Wonder Man?

#29 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a new question about Mimic's copying powers but I can only post 2 at a time so I will ask it here.

#30 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

mimic12
said:
"

"

Yeah, why not.

Vance Astro said:
"fesak said:
"Vance Astro said:

"

That doesn't make sense.
If you get killed you would want to kill the person who killed you, not the one that resurrected you.
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"
mimic12
said:
"

"

Yeah, why not.

Vance Astro said:
"fesak said:
"Vance Astro said:

"

That doesn't make sense.
If you get killed you would want to kill the person who killed you, not the one that resurrected you."
Not if you are married to the Sentry.If you had to live with a mental case with Sentry's level power....would you want him to stick around?
#32 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Presumably yes, since i would be married to him.
I might would want help with helping him to control his powers, not ask for help with killing him as the first solution.

#33 Posted by mimic616 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Can he copy the powers of She Hulk.

Even though he was killed/knocked out by trying that on the Hulk?
#34 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

when he copied the powers of the phoenix just like his telepathy a little stayed over letting him bring himself back from the dead

#35 Edited by Mike28 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea Mimic12 used in his story it was very believable. If I have done it I would make Blink make a deal with mephisto to bring Mimic back. That will open the door for more stories.

#36 Posted by The Master X (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@Djinn:
I got one how about the exiles go to Erath 616 and get the Infinity Gems And Wish Mimic Back to life. That would make a good story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.