Follow

Mimic

Character » Mimic appears in 685 issues.

Mimic is a super-human with the ability to copy the powers and abilities of others. He was the first new recruit to the original X-Men team and later a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Excalibur and Norman Osborn's X-Men team before rejoining the X-Men at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Powers of 616 Mimic

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mimic12

I was wondering is 616 Mimic stuck with the powers of the oringal X-Men or can he switch those powers to?

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Meteorite

I think he has the powers of whichever mutants are in proximity to him.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mimic12

Well from what I seen in the comics 616 Mimic always has the powers of the original X-Men. eney powers after that are tempery... So I was wondering if he was stuck with powers of Cyclops, Jean Gray, Ice Man, Beast Professor X and Archangel for the rest of his life.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mimic12
    Meteorite said:
    "I think he has the powers of whichever mutants are in proximity to him."

Well from what I seen in the comics 616 Mimic always has the powers of the original X-Men. eney powers after that are tempery... So I was wondering if he was stuck with powers of Cyclops, Jean Gray, Ice Man, Beast Professor X and Archangel for the rest of his life.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Meteorite

No idea, maybe you should check on Uncannyxmen.net

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mimic12
    Meteorite said:
    "No idea, maybe you should check on Uncannyxmen.net"

Well I checked uncannyxmen.net and it gave me nothing important... But thanks anyway.
    mimic616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By mimic616
    mimic12 said:
    "I was wondering is 616 Mimic stuck with the powers of the oringal X-Men or can he switch those powers to?"

Mimic has the standard set of the Original Five X-Men's powers.

Similar to Rouge when she had Ms Marvel's power, but could absorb other powers as well. When the other's powers wore off Rouge still had Ms Marvels.

The Mimic can replace any one of the five powers, but if he wants to revert back to the O5's powers he can.

Back in Marvel Comics Presents # 61 - Thanks to Wolverine's advice, Calvin worked on controlling his powers from over absorbing through medication at a monastery.

Next appearing in X-Force # 45 - Calvin is in Siberia, keeping distance from Mutants and Super Humans alike. 

When Onslaught jump-starts the Mimic's powers, causing him to revert to the Original X-Men's powers and in the confusion fights Cable and X-Force.

By X-Force # 52 - The Mimic is in complete control of his powers and working for Onslaught, until his defeat. 

Until working for Sludge in X-Force # 60 and # 65.

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Leliel

During Excalibur run Mimic use the power of Angle, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Icemen and Sunspot. He even copy Captain Britain powers and Xavier brain patterns

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what would happen if mimic copied the powers of legion and meggan would he get multiple personalities to ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good question what would happen if mimic had the powers of meggan and legion ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.