Follow

Mimic

Character » Mimic appears in 685 issues.

Mimic is a super-human with the ability to copy the powers and abilities of others. He was the first new recruit to the original X-Men team and later a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Excalibur and Norman Osborn's X-Men team before rejoining the X-Men at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Now that Mimic is back on the X-men....what can he do? o.O

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz

I was not able to pick up yesterday's issue so I'm not sure if he was shown doing anything beyond having Angel's wings but I am seeing some contradictions as to what he can do.

He himself stated in X-men Legacy in either issue 264 or 265 that he permanently copied the powers of the 5 original X-men and yet when he copied Rachel's powers so shut down Omegas mind he said he forgot what it felt like to be a telepath. But shouldn't he be a telepath since he said he permanently copied Jeans powers....o.O (confusion)

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

Even though this thread didn't get much attention, in the previews for X-men Legacy 267 he is seen using Cyclops' energy blast. So he must still have the Original powers of the x-men and the whole telepathy thing was just a writing error.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Kallarkz: The only explanation I can think of is that he didn't have telepathy because in the early days Jean herself didn't have telepathy. They only intrroduced Jean's telepathy shortly before the Professor 'died' as a kind of replacement for him.
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kallarkz
    @PrinceIMC said:
    @Kallarkz: The only explanation I can think of is that he didn't have telepathy because in the early days Jean herself didn't have telepathy. They only intrroduced Jean's telepathy shortly before the Professor 'died' as a kind of replacement for him.
    that makes sense.

That would mean he has:
    Angels wings 
    Beasts strength and agility 
    Cyclops' energy blasts 
    Iceman's ice control 
    Jeans TK 

I was kind of skeptical if they were only adding him to make him a Angel only knock off.
    XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By XsPectre28

@Kallarkz said:

I was not able to pick up yesterday's issue so I'm not sure if he was shown doing anything beyond having Angel's wings but I am seeing some contradictions as to what he can do.

He himself stated in X-men Legacy in either issue 264 or 265 that he permanently copied the powers of the 5 original X-men and yet when he copied Rachel's powers so shut down Omegas mind he said he forgot what it felt like to be a telepath. But shouldn't he be a telepath since he said he permanently copied Jeans powers....o.O (confusion)

he has only jean's telekinesis but he was also suppose to have xavier's telepathy so yea still should be telepathic already

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.