Follow

Mimic

Character » Mimic appears in 685 issues.

Mimic is a super-human with the ability to copy the powers and abilities of others. He was the first new recruit to the original X-Men team and later a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Excalibur and Norman Osborn's X-Men team before rejoining the X-Men at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

mutant or human?

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Copy

which one is he cause i'm a little confuse

Mimic, the Mutant?

Earth-616's Mimic's status as a human or mutant is somewhat contended. Normally, a mutant's powers will manifest around puberty. As this was not the case, Mimic is considered by many to be human with additional powers. It has been suggested that the experiment that originally granted Mimic his abilities did not generate his powers, but triggered the activation of his latent mutant abilities. This suggests that while dormant, the mutant X-Gene may have been a part of his genetic make-up despite his lack of powers. While not the norm, other cases of this have been seen such as the mutant Polaris whose latent abilities were activated by Mesmero. The general consensus is that this Mimic is not a mutant, but the margin may be overstated

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By crazy spidey

I think you said just take 'the long way home' and say 'it takes two' to make mimic

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Copy

does anyone know?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Darkchild

hes really a human

he was dounswed with chemicals his father was using

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Copy

Darkchild says:

"hes really a human he was dounswed with chemicals his father was using"
    then why do people think he is a mutant caue i'm pretty sure if he was human he wouldn't be part of the x-men
    Post Edited:2007-09-15 20:21:35
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Copy says:

"Darkchild says:
    then why do people think he is a mutant caue i'm pretty sure if he was human he wouldn't be part of the x-men
    Post Edited:2007-09-15 20:21:35"

He used to be part of the X-Men until he went crazy. He's a mutant in the normal Marvel U. I cant get you more info but you'll have to wait until I fell like it :P

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Copy

King of Kings says:

"Copy says:
    "Darkchild says:
    Post Edited:2007-09-15 20:21:35"
    He used to be part of the X-Men until he went crazy. He's a mutant in the normal Marvel U. I cant get you more info but you'll have to wait until I fell like it :P"

lol okay then i will wait

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Okay I apologize, he ISN'T a mutant. He's the first Non-Mutant to be excepted into thee X-Men. He was there enemy before joining them and eventually he was expelled. He later joined the Brother Hood of evil Mutants.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Copy

King of Kings says:

"Okay I apologize, he ISN'T a mutant. He's the first Non-Mutant to be excepted into thee X-Men. He was there enemy before joining them and eventually he was expelled. He later joined the Brother Hood of evil Mutants."

sheesh if he isn't a mutant then why join all these mutants teams

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm not sure but I think he can only copy the power of mutants, so maybe thats why.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Copy

King of Kings says:

"I'm not sure but I think he can only copy the power of mutants, so maybe thats why."

that might be the reason why people think he is a mutant like once wasn't he mistaken for as proffesor x cause he had his powers?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Copy says:

"King of Kings says:
    "I'm not sure but I think he can only copy the power of mutants, so maybe thats why."

that might be the reason why people think he is a mutant like once wasn't he mistaken for as proffesor x cause he had his powers?"

Not sure about that. Don't know much about the character.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Copy

King of Kings says:

"Copy says:
    "King of Kings says:
    that might be the reason why people think he is a mutant like once wasn't he mistaken for as proffesor x cause he had his powers?"
    Not sure about that. Don't know much about the character."

well this is what i found on wiki

He partly retains Professor X's telepathic powers, which causes his telepathic signature to be mistaken for that of Charles Xavier in Excalibur #123, although he is not shown to be uncovered during recent searches for Xavier. He may also retain Wolverine's recuperative abilities.

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Djinn

in exiles he is a mutant but in the earth 616 he is a human who was around his fathers experiments

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@copy said:

which one is he cause i'm a little confuse

Mimic, the Mutant?

Earth-616's Mimic's status as a human or mutant is somewhat contended. Normally, a mutant's powers will manifest around puberty. As this was not the case, Mimic is considered by many to be human with additional powers. It has been suggested that the experiment that originally granted Mimic his abilities did not generate his powers, but triggered the activation of his latent mutant abilities. This suggests that while dormant, the mutant X-Gene may have been a part of his genetic make-up despite his lack of powers. While not the norm, other cases of this have been seen such as the mutant Polaris whose latent abilities were activated by Mesmero. The general consensus is that this Mimic is not a mutant, but the margin may be overstated

Funny you asked the same question i was going to ask... anyway I found this little info on the marvel database... "Calvin admitted to believing he had some latent powers since birth, due to his father experimenting on himself before Cal's birth.[26]Caliban could sense Cal as Like a mutant."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.