Follow

Mimic

Character » Mimic appears in 684 issues.

Mimic is a super-human with the ability to copy the powers and abilities of others. He was the first new recruit to the original X-Men team and later a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Excalibur and Norman Osborn's X-Men team before rejoining the X-Men at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Mimic's Powers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mimic12

Im writing a story were I am going to bring mimic back. But I was also thinking of suping up his powers so he can copy more then five. I was just wondering if people were cool with that.

Greystone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Greystone

Five is good. Don't make him super powerful and lame.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mimic12
    Greystone said:
    "Five is good. Don't make him super powerful and lame."

Well I wasnt going to make him to powerfull. I thot insted of 5 he can have... 10 maybe 15 tops. I mean if rouge gets more why not mimic?
    the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the creator

having the ability to copy just 5 sets of powers at 505 of their original potency made him extremely powerful.
    With careful selection of the 5 powers, he was a virtual allrounder.
    Having access to just 5 also made him have to face difficult choices on what powers to retain and this was a good limitation.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mimic12

Copy 5 sets of powers at 505 of the original potency? what do you mean 505?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By pixelized

he sounds skrullish

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

616 Mimic doesn't have this limitation, he has been seen with over ten powers at the same time.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the creator
    mimic12 said:
    "Copy 5 sets of powers at 505 of the original potency? what do you mean 505?"
    No, I meant 50% (I didn't hold the shift key down long enough)
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mimic12

the creator said:

"mimic12 said:
    "Copy 5 sets of powers at 505 of the original potency? what do you mean 505?"
    No, I meant 50% (I didn't hold the shift key down long enough)"

Ok so if Mimic is going to get stuck with just 5 power sets then how about. Wolverine, Colossus, Superman, Vulcan and X-Man. that should give him all the power he will ever need.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the creator

If he had Superman, he would not need Colossus as 50% of Superman's strength and duarbility is many more times that of Colossus - even at full power.
    But then he would not get Superman's power set as he is DC.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mimic12
    the creator said:
    "

If he had Superman, he would not need Colossus as 50% of Superman's strength and duarbility is many more times that of Colossus - even at full power.
    But then he would not get Superman's power set as he is DC.

"

Well yes Superman is a DC but Marvels and DCs cross paths too. As for the colossus thing superman still needs to breath air so if he has colossus's powers too then he wont need to breath. In metal form colossus dosent need to sleep, drink and breath plus his stranth would get stronger and more duarbile.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mimic12

Ok if I cant give him Superman's powers then what about... Hyperion or Sentry? Can Mimic copy them?

Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mike28
    mimic12 said:
    "Ok if I cant give him Superman's powers then what about... Hyperion or Sentry? Can Mimic copy them?"

I dont know if he can. But that would be cool is he could. If he can copy Hyperion then he can copy Superman and I dont think copying the Sentry's powers is a good idea The Absorbing Man tride that and it did not work out well for him.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mimic12

OK here one... If Mimic copied the powers of The Human Torch can he also copy Magma's powers?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    mimic12 said:
    "OK here one... If Mimic copied the powers of The Human Torch can he also copy Magma's powers?"

Supposedly yes, since they are quite different for being both pyrokinetics.
    Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mike28

Hay I got one. Can Mimic copy the powers of someone like Hercules?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By castleking

should copy cable telepathy and telekenisis in one colossus durability  deadpool regeneration or wolverines either one vulcan energy manipulation and maybe nightcrawler  for that instant speed moves. he could b a monster with the right powerset.

Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mike28

Hay I got one. Can Mimic copy the powers of someone like Hercules?

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mimic12
    Mike28 said:
    "Hay I got one. Can Mimic copy the powers of someone like Hercules?
    "
    Hercules. Thats a good question I wish I would of thot of it. If I was going to give him powers like that I will stick with Superman. That way not only will Mimic have strangth but he will also have speed, Flying, Heat Vison, Super Breath and all of the other powers Superman has.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mimic12
    Mike28 said:
    "
    Hercules. Thats a good question I wish I would of thot of it. If I was going to give him powers like that I will stick with Superman. That way not only will Mimic have strangth but he will also have speed, Flying, Heat Vison, Super Breath and all of the other powers Superman has.
    Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mike28
    mimic12 said:
    "Mike28 said:
    "
    "

SUPERMAN! Hercules is way stronger then Superman. Do your self a favor and read Hercules bio. Oh by the way its the Marvel Hercules not  the DC one.
    Malthusian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Malthusian

I think the Exiles' Mimic is much more interesting than the 616 counterpart, and Rogue being able to have more powers is one of the nice contrasts between the two.  I'll try to break this up.

Less is more--the notion that simplicity leads to good design.  Having the limitation of five powersets at 50% potency is utter genius!  Heck, I say give your version even more weaknesses: five powers at 50% for only five days.

Overshadowing--causing one thing to be insignificant to another by comparison.  I think the idea behind Mimic is presenting a character with a synthesis of powers.  If even one of the mimicked powers is from Storm, Thor, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Hyperion, or Superman, I feel it would overshadow the other four because each of those heroes have a combo of powers.  This overshadowing effect also applies to powers that are grand in scale. 

Complement(Yes, complement, not compliment)--making complete or perfect.  It should feel right to you.  There should be a cohesion.  I swear characters like Wolverine and Spider-Man have a balance that defy upgrades.  For example, a good balance would be Cyclops, Emma Frost, Northstar, Siryn, and Dazzler.  You can empower him considering which body parts need arming.  I like the Siryn and Dazzler choices because even invulneratble people tend to be hurt by light and sound.  Additionally, Dazzler's powers are sound activated: one would charge the other.   Consider what will be oral, occular, pedal, manual, cephalic, dorsal, etc.  I think him having Firestar's power and her ability of manual projection would take focus off the hands if he had Gambit's power.  Nightcrawler and Shadowcat also don't work for me because those powers imply evasion.  You wouldn't need one if you have the other.

I hope some part of what I've posted is helpful.  In the end, the choice is yours.  Happy writing!

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mimic12
    Malthusian said:
    "

I think the Exiles' Mimic is much more interesting than the 616 counterpart, and Rogue being able to have more powers is one of the nice contrasts between the two.  I'll try to break this up.

Less is more--the notion that simplicity leads to good design.  Having the limitation of five powersets at 50% potency is utter genius!  Heck, I say give your version even more weaknesses: five powers at 50% for only five days.

Overshadowing--causing one thing to be insignificant to another by comparison.  I think the idea behind Mimic is presenting a character with a synthesis of powers.  If even one of the mimicked powers is from Storm, Thor, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Hyperion, or Superman, I feel it would overshadow the other four because each of those heroes have a combo of powers.  This overshadowing effect also applies to powers that are grand in scale. 

Complement(Yes, complement, not compliment)--making complete or perfect.  It should feel right to you.  There should be a cohesion.  I swear characters like Wolverine and Spider-Man have a balance that defy upgrades.  For example, a good balance would be Cyclops, Emma Frost, Northstar, Siryn, and Dazzler.  You can empower him considering which body parts need arming.  I like the Siryn and Dazzler choices because even invulneratble people tend to be hurt by light and sound.  Additionally, Dazzler's powers are sound activated: one would charge the other.   Consider what will be oral, occular, pedal, manual, cephalic, dorsal, etc.  I think him having Firestar's power and her ability of manual projection would take focus off the hands if he had Gambit's power.  Nightcrawler and Shadowcat also don't work for me because those powers imply evasion.  You wouldn't need one if you have the other.

I hope some part of what I've posted is helpful.  In the end, the choice is yours.  Happy writing!

"

Well I respect your feedback and I was asking this question because I was wondering what people would think if I did enhance Mimic's powers. Well I did write the story eneyway it is in the fan-fic section under the title Exiles a new begining and its not bad if I do say so myself ofcorse thats just me.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mimic12
    Malthusian said:
    "

"

Well I respect your feedback and I was asking this question because I was wondering what people would think if I did enhance Mimic's powers. Well I did write the story eneyway it is in the fan-fic section under the title Exiles a new begining and its not bad if I do say so myself ofcorse thats just me.
    Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mike28

mimic12 said:

"Malthusian said:
    "

"

"

You know I read the story and its not bad.

Malthusian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Malthusian

Arrrgh, I'm new and don't know how to navigate.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Tevnoba
    mimic12 said:
    "Ok if I cant give him Superman's powers then what about... Hyperion or Sentry? Can Mimic copy them?"
    Yes, the powers mimic copies do not need to be mutants.  Exiles mimic copied the healing factor of Deadpool and he was not a mutant.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mimic12
    Tevnoba said:
    "mimic12 said:
    Yes, the powers mimic copies do not need to be mutants.  Exiles mimic copied the healing factor of Deadpool and he was not a mutant."
    Hay cool that means Mimic can copy the powers of Superman.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mimic12
    Tevnoba said:
    "mimic12 said:
    Yes, the powers mimic copies do not need to be mutants.  Exiles mimic copied the healing factor of Deadpool and he was not a mutant."

Hay cool that means Mimic can copy the powers of Superman.
    Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mike28
    mimic12 said:
    "Tevnoba said:
    "mimic12 said:

Hay cool that means Mimic can copy the powers of Superman."
    I dont think that Mimic can copy the powers of Superman or Hyperion because there aliens. He can copy Deadpool powers because he was human at first. Ok let me explane Mimic can only copy people with human based DNA. Human and mutants have the same DNA but aliens like Superman and Hyperion dont. Now he can maybe copy the powers of Superboy because he is half human and as for the Sentry yes he could but he might get some side effects like when he copied Deadpool's powers.
    Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mike28

Ok I have a idea that might fix this mess. Mimic12 wants to make it so the Exiles Mimic can copy more then five mutants and everybody thinks thats a stupid idea so what if Mimic were to get the power rings of the Mandarin. That way Mimic will still have his five limit and he will have 10 bonus powers and now everybody should be happy.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mimic12

Well I finished my story a long time ago. But that idea about the Mandarin's rings was not bad and that stuff about copying superboy's powers sounds kind of intresting.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    Mike28 said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "Tevnoba said:
    "mimic12 said:

I dont think that Mimic can copy the powers of Superman or Hyperion because there aliens. He can copy Deadpool powers because he was human at first. Ok let me explane Mimic can only copy people with human based DNA. Human and mutants have the same DNA but aliens like Superman and Hyperion dont. Now he can maybe copy the powers of Superboy because he is half human and as for the Sentry yes he could but he might get some side effects like when he copied Deadpool's powers."

He has mimicked a brood before.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mimic12
    fesak said:
    "Mike28 said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "Tevnoba said:
    "mimic12 said:

I dont think that Mimic can copy the powers of Superman or Hyperion because there aliens. He can copy Deadpool powers because he was human at first. Ok let me explane Mimic can only copy people with human based DNA. Human and mutants have the same DNA but aliens like Superman and Hyperion dont. Now he can maybe copy the powers of Superboy because he is half human and as for the Sentry yes he could but he might get some side effects like when he copied Deadpool's powers."

He has mimicked a brood before."

No sorry he did not copy the brood he was infected with the brood egg.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fesak  Moderator

His powers reacted with the brood, and he subconciously absorbed it's capabilities negating the 5-power mimic limit.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mimic12
    fesak said:
    "His powers reacted with the brood, and he subconciously absorbed it's capabilities negating the 5-power mimic limit."

So what brood can make mutants powers stronger?
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    mimic12 said:
    "fesak said:
    "His powers reacted with the brood, and he subconciously absorbed it's capabilities negating the 5-power mimic limit."

So what brood can make mutants powers stronger?"

Broods can absorb mutant powers, and i there were definitely some reaction between the brood and Mimic since it enhanced his powers, which is why i think he must have mimicked it, otherwise the Brood would just have gotten his normal powers.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mimic12
    fesak said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "fesak said:

So what brood can make mutants powers stronger?"

Broods can absorb mutant powers, and i there were definitely some reaction between the brood and Mimic since it enhanced his powers, which is why i think he must have mimicked it, otherwise the Brood would just have gotten his normal powers."

Well thats very interesting but I like the idea of using Harmonic DNA better.
    Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mike28

Harmonic DNA you got that form X-Men legends 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.