About Mimic's Powers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I got a good one check this out. As you know Mimic can only copy 5 power sets at one time. So what if he copied Madrox that means Mimic can make at lest 25 duplacates of himself. Now all of the duplacates have the same Mimic power the real one has and every Mimic duplacate copied 4 power set of different mutants. so then the real Mimic pulled all of the duplacates back into himself then all of the power sets the duplacates copied are his. is that even possible?

Real Mimic - Madrox, Deadpool, X-Man, Beast, Cyclops + Duplacate Mimic - Jean Gray, Vulcan, Colossus, Wolverine, Madrox = Real Mimic - Madrox, Deadpool, X-Man, Beast, Cyclops, Jean Gary, Vulcan, Colossus And Wolverine. Now thats just 2 but I think you get the idea.

#2 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

Madrox does retain skills learned by his dupes, but i don't see why Mimics natural limit of five powers would increase.
I think that he would get any memories and skills learned by the dupes when he absorbs them, as with Madrox, but his body would negate any powers learned by them since he already would have five power templates.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Madrox does retain skills learned by his dupes, but i don't see why Mimics natural limit of five powers would increase.
I think that he would get any memories and skills learned by the dupes when he absorbs them, as with Madrox, but his body would negate any powers learned by them since he already would have five power templates."

Oh ok that makes sence thanks.
#4 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I know copying Superman's powers is a longshot but what about... Hyperion, Sentry, Phantom Stranger and Solar Can Mimic copy there powers?

#5 Posted by inferiorego (24806 posts) - - Show Bio

I challenge you to start a thread that in no way can be connected to mimic.

Staff Online
#6 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"I challenge you to start a thread that in no way can be connected to mimic."

Well I already started threads that dont involve Mimic. Here are the following.

Battle of the most Powerful
Absorbing Man vs Grunge vs Husk
Supergirl vs Fairchild vs Wonder Woman vs Ms Marvel

#7 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I know copying Superman's powers is a longshot but what about... Hyperion, Sentry, Phantom Stranger and Solar Can Mimic copy there powers?

#8 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"I challenge you to start a thread that in no way can be connected to mimic."

Hahaha.
#9 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
mimic12 said:
"

"
Not if he copied Longshots power first . . .lol.  Seriously, yes I believe he should be able to, however he gets them at half strength and as he said in Exiles, having the power is not the same as knowing how to use it.
#10 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"mimic12 said:
"

"
Not if he copied Longshots power first . . .lol.  Seriously, yes I believe he should be able to, however he gets them at half strength and as he said in Exiles, having the power is not the same as knowing how to use it."

Oh ok the reson I asked this qustion is because The Absobing Man tride to copy the Sentry's powers and well lets just say it didint work out well for The Absobing Man.
#11 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio
mimic12 said:
"Tevnoba said:
"mimic12 said:
"

"
Not if he copied Longshots power first . . .lol.  Seriously, yes I believe he should be able to, however he gets them at half strength and as he said in Exiles, having the power is not the same as knowing how to use it."

Oh ok the reson I asked this qustion is because The Absobing Man tride to copy the Sentry's powers and well lets just say it didint work out well for The Absobing Man."

That was just poor writing. He should have no problem absorbing anything.
Moderator Online
#12 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"mimic12 said:
"Tevnoba said:
"mimic12 said:
"

"

Oh ok the reson I asked this qustion is because The Absobing Man tride to copy the Sentry's powers and well lets just say it didint work out well for The Absobing Man."

That was just poor writing. He should have no problem absorbing anything."

Heres proof he cant.
caption
caption
caption
#13 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes i've seen it. Poor writing since he's never had problems absorbing anything in the past, for example in Journey Into Mystery #123 he absorbs Asgard.

Moderator Online
#14 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Yes i've seen it. Poor writing since he's never had problems absorbing anything in the past, for example in Journey Into Mystery #123 he absorbs Asgard."

Realy that cool.
#15 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok here is a question about 616 Mimic's powers. Is 616 Mimic stuck with the powers of the oringal X-Men or can he switch those powers to?

#16 Posted by Mike28 (129 posts) - - Show Bio
mimic12 said:
"Ok here is a question about 616 Mimic's powers. Is 616 Mimic stuck with the powers of the oringal X-Men or can he switch those powers to?"

He can not 616 Mimic is stuck with the powers of the oniginal X-Men. He can copy more then five powers sets at one time but there only temporary.
#17 Posted by Mike28 (129 posts) - - Show Bio
mimic12 said:
"Ok here is a question about 616 Mimic's powers. Is 616 Mimic stuck with the powers of the oringal X-Men or can he switch those powers to?"
He can not 616 Mimic is stuck with the powers of the oniginal X-Men. He can copy more then five powers sets at one time but there only temporary.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.