Why I'm Excited

#1 Posted by CataractComics (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited for this new charaacter because I relate to him even more than I might with Peter Parker!  

I'm 13 years old and African American. 

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Im excited for Tanarus 

I'm a thousand year old Celtic God

#3 Posted by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio
@CataractComics said:
I'm excited for this new charaacter because I relate to him even more than I might with Peter Parker!   I'm 13 years old and African American. 
And that's one reason why this is a good move. Another is just that variety is more exciting than monotony. Monotony is boring.
#4 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

what is monotony ?  i'm black and excited for miles morales cause might be able to relate to him too ! 

#5 Posted by _jackbauer (157 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm a 28 year old white male and, ostensibly, i'm the bad guy.

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

im 18 years old and african american and i really don't give a crap about the new ultimate spider-man

#7 Posted by CataractComics (4 posts) - - Show Bio
@_jackbauer: No. You're not the bad guy. No one is going to give you pity because they changed the race of a superhero.
#8 Posted by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mega_spidey01 said:
what is monotony ?  i'm black and excited for miles morales cause might be able to relate to him too ! 
See monotony

@_jackbauer said:
i'm a 28 year old white male and, ostensibly, i'm the bad guy.
What's your supervillain name?
#9 Posted by _jackbauer (157 posts) - - Show Bio
@CataractComics said:
@_jackbauer: No. You're not the bad guy. No one is going to give you pity because they changed the race of a superhero.
I'm posting in this thread because I'm excited too; the irony being that I'm part of the demographic that Marvel, purportedly, already caters to.  Why do you automatically assume, since I mentioned I am caucasian, I have a problem with Miles' race?  What the fuck? 

@fodigg:  Issauga
#10 Posted by The Impersonator (4975 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: Lol!
#11 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
@_jackbauer said:
@CataractComics said:
I'm posting in this thread because I'm excited too; the irony being that I'm part of the demographic that Marvel, purportedly, already caters to.  Why do you automatically assume, since I mentioned I am caucasian, I have a problem with Miles' race?  What the fuck? 

@fodigg:  Issauga
Because they already cater to you doesn't make you a bad. It does seem like a bit of self (uncalled for) pity. Did you cry when they made Robin female? You're the bad guy?? Why??
#12 Posted by kai1309 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I just like he's a completely new character, in another borough with another family. I honestly am excited about his family, i want to see them. They could of made a long lost cousin become the new spider man but they didnt. I like knew characters 
marvel seem not to know how to make them theses days. 

**I saw he has powers not like spiderman's. i saw a scan of him turning invisible
#13 Posted by TheCupcakeAvenger (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting it, and deciding over the first arc whether I like it or not. I've not got a problem with Miles Morales, just the fact they killed Ultimate Peter. I know that sound kind of stupid, but Ultimate Pete was my favourite version of the character. He was funny, inexperienced and just a lot more light-hearted than 616 (from the UK so beyond Seige I have no idea what current 616 Peter's like). But yeah, I wouldn't say I'm excited for the new Ultimate Spidey, but I'm definitely curious.

#14 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Im excited for Tanarus I'm a thousand year old Celtic God

That cracked me up!!! Thank you for that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.