Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1193 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

Why don't some people like USM Miles Morales?

Zavimbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zavimbe

I think his story is great and he's the only black spider-man that we have, he's one of marvels best selling series as of now, and it's not like they completely got rid of Peter Parker. I just started reading comics last year so I don't really know what makes a story great too some people but I think the writing and the art are beautiful in the series so i don't understand why many people dislike Miles so much.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

I'm entirely indifferent.

RedHood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RedHood22

I'm really enjoying the story, as well. People don't like Miles Morales because he's....well, not Peter Parker. People don't really like change, on the whole.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Captain13

I love Miles!

And I have to agree with this:

@RedHood22 said:

I'm really enjoying the story, as well. People don't like Miles Morales because he's....well, not Peter Parker. People don't really like change, on the whole.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JakeN7

I think people don't like him (or didn't initially anyway) because he's pretty juvenile, and the only reason he's Spider-Man is because Marvel wanted to be PC for the sake of being PC. However I like him ok and I think he has a lot of room to develop.

Funkypanda123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Funkypanda123

I love miles hes epic my fave spidey

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By longbowhunter

I always got the impression he was very well liked. You can't please everyone though.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By akbogert

I haven't read him, so I don't have an opinion on him one way or the other. But as others have suggested, I just sort of don't think I want to read a Spider-Man story where Spider-Man isn't Peter Parker.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By judasnixon

I love him just on the fact that Glen Beck had a problem with him......  

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i liked miles morales as the new ultimate spider-man. i hope they continue to develop his character, villians  and give him a good love interest. 

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By frozenedge2

People don't or didn't like Miles because he isn't Peter Parker. People just generally hate change in comics for some odd reason, so any change in what character is underneath the mask gets automatically shut down

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By SavageDragon

Love Miles.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DH69

Couldnt care less that he's black, he isnt peter parker, thats been my complaint from the very begining. If marvel made pete black from the very beginning in the ultimate universe i wouldnt have givin two ****s as long as he was still PETER MOTHER****ING PARKER.

Dont get me wrong though im lovin the current run, even if he got his powers in an almost exact same way as peter.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@JakeN7 said:

I think people don't like him (or didn't initially anyway) because he's pretty juvenile, and the only reason he's Spider-Man is because Marvel wanted to be PC for the sake of being PC. However I like him ok and I think he has a lot of room to develop.

I don't dislike Miles. I dislike how he is portrayed. Allow me to elaborate.

• 1. He's too young. 13 c'mon really? Peter was 15 and that was borderline. I mean as a 15 year old you begin to think slightly like an adult but you're still impulsive and do things wrong allowing for good story telling. At 13 you would not even be considering or thinking along the lines Miles is. Bendis wants him to be 13 but he's portraying him as a 15-16 year old for no apparent reason, this also makes him harder to relate too. Make up your god damn mind Bendis. This also eliminates any type of love interest short of puppy love as seeing a 13 year old hook-up is creepy......and illegal IIRC.
    • 2. They didn't give his origin any originality or any real thought. Bendis just sat down and thought "hey i'll have another Spider like the one that bit Peter bite Miles". In my opinion that was lazy and a complete waste of a new take on Spider-man. Why not make him a mutant with spider-like abilities or give him an entirely different origin.
    • 3. They didn't give us time to grieve Peter. He dies and Bendis suddenly throws another Spider-man at us who we are meant to simply accept. Had there been some background on Miles such as him appearing in the pages of Ult Spider-man before Peter died it would have made the transition less painful and most likely would have made people less angry as he'd be an integrated character we all liked.

So to sum it up they wasted a big opportunity here. We could have had an entirely new Spider-man with a unique outlook of an age most people can relate too. Instead we got Peter Parker Version 2.0 with a generic origin and an age that does not fit his personality making him nigh-impossible to get any sort of relation too.

Funkypanda123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Funkypanda123

well id find it a bit boring if all the spidermen were and adult or a teen but its just my opionion

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By PunyParker

I just read the first 2 issues,and i can say it's ok.....i liked it,and i will certainly will continue reading it....as long as they treat the memory of Peter good....which Bendis does so far.

Just 2 questions...

1. Why does Miles's Uncle looks totally like Snoop Dog,and....
    2. Why does he wear a blue Deadpool mask?!
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Never read anything with him in it, therefore i am completely indifferent

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ms__omega

I like him.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By cameron83

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2.Because he's not peter parker. Which is the main reason why most people don't really favor him.After that HUGE heartbreaking,childhood pushing moment of Peter's last stand,we just instantly get a replacement thrown in our face as if peter was a random stranger.And Peter is always the true spider.Not reilly,not kaine,not morales.Peter.

I couldnt agree more,dear friend!

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read the first 2 issues,and i can say it's ok.....i liked it,and i will certainly will continue reading it....as long as they treat the memory of Peter good....which Bendis does so far.

Just 2 questions...

1. Why does Miles's Uncle looks totally like Snoop Dog,and....
    2. Why does he wear a blue Deadpool mask?!

A different take on "The Prowler".

No Caption Provided

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To answer the question, I love Miles Morales' character. And as far as his stories go, he has the most emotional stories i've ever read. There were some issues where I was in complete tears. This page gets me all the time. =(

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The fact that he accidentally killed someone (albeit a criminal), the fact that that someone is his uncle and father's brother, and the fact that his father now hates spider-man(miles) more than anyone else, is why this is so tragic in my opinion. This 13 year old has been through alot.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By novi_homines
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: Yeah i read #1 and i thought "why does he wear a Deadpool mask?"... :P

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people do like miles its just that the ultimate universe in general is disliked and less popular other than miles it just seems like a way for the writers to do stupid retarded stuff to popular characters and get away with it like having quicksilver and scarlet witch be a couple the ultimate marvel comics are mostly garbage mostly.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i dont read him and im about to start but from what ive seen there is a level of racism leveled against him that kinda shades how alot of people express their distaste for him. obviously, there are people that probably dislike him for real,logical reasons but i have seen people not like him for not being white

whoohoo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I guess I'm number 2?

That was a shitty comment I made. Get it?

Avatar image for drake_pendragon
    Drake_pendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because some of us dislike a useless character who is a rip off of better heroes and is only around to be black

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that Bendis just shove this character in front of me and expected to like him. He just seems so forced, defeating any villains , like Ultimate Dr. Doom off panel, he comes across. He comes across a bit more tolerable one the cartoon because its not all about him and hes going by a different code name, Kid Arachnid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.