Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1191 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

Ultimate Spider-Man 2 - I think I'm gonna give the kid a chance..

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By Timandm

I have to admit, I didn't care much for issue 1 of the new Ultimate Spider-Man, but I'm pretty sure it's because I simply hate the thought of anyone other than Peter Parker being Spider-Man. There's that, and the fact that Norman Osborn created Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe.

So, anyway, I just read Ultimate Spider-Man 2. I liked it. A part of me hates that I liked it. I guess I'm feeling something like a kid whose divorced mom or dad started dating someone new, and I don't want to like them.

But it isn't Miles Morales fault that Peter Parker died, or that Norman Osborn is responsible for the creation of Spider-Man...

So... Issue #2.

I LIKED it.

Miles just learned that he has powers. At first, he thinks he's a mutant. He's running from his dad who was having an argument with Miles' Uncle in issue 1. He super leaps over some furniture, accidentally deals with punks that were picking on him, and runs to his best friend Ganke, who is a geek, but a fun one. I think the story is well written. The writers are doing a good job of introducing us to Miles and letting us see the important people and events in his life. His friend Ganke seems to be an interesting character, and I'm hoping he'll be a big part of the series.

• The story is well told and nicely paced.
    • I like the art. I favor art in which you can easily tell who is who. I like people with normal proportions.
    • Miles seems like a real kid and easy to identify with.

I think the new Spider-Man series is off to a good solid start.

truespark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By truespark

I bought my first comics in a long while recently, and while I ended up going with something else, this was one of the series I was interested in. It's good to know they're doing well with it so far and I'm curious to see how you feel about future books!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator

I thought it was really good. They're spending a lot of time on his backstory and context, which is nice. And really nice art.

Avatar image for preposterous_hypothesis
    preposterous_hypothesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I actually was the same wanting to hate it but also wanting to give it a chance.

I loved the fact that he went straight to his best mate and told him about it, its pretty much what I'd do if got super powers, I'd be like "hey man check this sh*t out"

Its funny though that his powers are already showing when Peters took a while to emerge,

Black_Kn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Black_Kn1ght

I thought it was pretty good.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Timandm

@preposterous_hypothesis said:

Yea I actually was the same wanting to hate it but also wanting to give it a chance.

I loved the fact that he went straight to his best mate and told him about it, its pretty much what I'd do if got super powers, I'd be like "hey man check this sh*t out"

Its funny though that his powers are already showing when Peters took a while to emerge,

Well, we're a microwave generation. We want it all NOW... LOL! Back when Peter first got his powers, the kids that were reading Spider-Man didn't have remote control, color t.v. computers, the internet, cable (there were only THREE FREAKING CHANNELS ON T.V.... etc.. So, seeing a little bit at a time was still a great deal to them... Today, the world just moves faster... Most of us would be ticked off if we had to wait to see his powers manifest...

Oh wait, were you talking about Peter in the Ultimate Universe? I never actually read that one till the end... So, were his power slower to develop in the ultimate universe?

@Black_Kn1ght: Glad you liked it.

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Osiris1428

Yes, issue 2 was a good read and let me know I will stay with the book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.