Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1193 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

Ultimate Comics: Spider-man to end?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Bendis answered a question on his tumblr today that has me worried...it could be a red herring like when Slott tweeted about Spider-man 2099 before Superior Spider-man's identity was revealed or it could be the truth...we'll have to see

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/71242825822/i-know-you-have-a-lot-on-your-plate-but-any-chance-you

Q:i know you have a lot on your plate but any chance you will have a new marvel book any time soon?

Well, now that ultimate comics: Spiderman is done I might have to find something else to fill that space in my life :-(

but I have a lot of creator owned work to focus on including Powers, brilliant, Scarlet, and the upcoming United States of murder Inc.

this makes me very sad :(

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By danhimself

Bump

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sigh...really looks like the slow death of the UU.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Bendis be trolling.

BB

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis be trolling.

BB

I really hope so

we know that it's at least going to issue 200 since he's said that Miles would finally meet Ultimate Norman Osborn in that issue and that he's already turned the issue in....the problem is that we don't really know when issue 200 is going to happen since he's also said that everything that's featured Ultimate Spider-man whether it be Miles or Peter counts towards issue 200

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
    deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@danhimself: Issue 200 of UC:SM or of the Ultimate universe Spider-Man comics altogether? Because if we count the original Peter Parker series and the current Miles series' issues together it'd bring us to 191 (160 USM issues, 31 UC:SM issues counting Cataclysm) and I'm assuming we could throw annuals and stuff like that in there. That would mean #200 is coming up pretty soon and could possibly be the final issue before Miles makes a transition to 616 (assuming that's what happens).

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Read a bunch of UC:SM for X-mas.

Was underwhelmed.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait said:

@danhimself: Issue 200 of UC:SM or of the Ultimate universe Spider-Man comics altogether? Because if we count the original Peter Parker series and the current Miles series' issues together it'd bring us to 191 (160 USM issues, 31 UC:SM issues counting Cataclysm) and I'm assuming we could throw annuals and stuff like that in there. That would mean #200 is coming up pretty soon and could possibly be the final issue before Miles makes a transition to 616 (assuming that's what happens).

it may very well be the next issue after Cataclysm...he's said before that anything with Ultimate Spider-man is counted towards the 200 issues...so that means Requiem and Spider-men and Ultimate Spider-man: Cataclysm should count as well

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was underwhelmed.

what didn't you like?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By fodigg

Things did seem desperate when they did the time-skip. Like, "Hey, let's hurry up to a more mature and capable character because this one isn't clicking."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Oh well that confirms it's probably the next issue after Cataclysm because counting Spider-Men and Requiem that brings us to like 198 and if we count #16.1 of UC:SM that brings us to 199.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@danhimself said:
    @fallschirmjager said:

Was underwhelmed.

what didn't you like?

Its not that I straight up hated it, I just didn't really like it either.

Miles absolutely does nothing for me, I was more excited to see Peter's supporting characters than I ever was to see Miles.

It doesn't piss me off nearly like SSM though. But I was still disappointed given how good Spider-Men is.

Only reason I even read it in the first place was because Kaine and Flash's titles were both canceled, heh. Marvel keeps pissing me off in the Spider-world.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Let me just point out that I don't read Ultimate Spider-Man, or any other Ultimate comics, so I could be terribly misinformed.

Did I hear that Miles Morales had travelled over to the 616 universe? If so, could they be relaunching his solo series with a different name, as being called Ultimate Spider-Man wouldn't make quite as much sense outside of the Ultimate Universe?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danhimself

@v_scarlotte_rose: he and Ultimate Reed Richards made the trip in Ultimate Cataclysm last issue to try and find a way to defeat Galactus...we don't know if they're staying or not at this point

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:
    @fallschirmjager said:

Was underwhelmed.

what didn't you like?

Its not that I straight up hated it, I just didn't really like it either.

Miles absolutely does nothing for me, I was more excited to see Peter's supporting characters than I ever was to see Miles.

It doesn't piss me off nearly like SSM though. But I was still disappointed given how good Spider-Men is.

Only reason I even read it in the first place was because Kaine and Flash's titles were both canceled, heh. Marvel keeps pissing me off in the Spider-world.

you had read all of the Peter stuff already?

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@danhimself: absolutely. its arguably the best run on Spider-Man ever. Probably better than Lee/Ditkos stuff given that theirs is pretty outdated at this point.

USM was actually the first Spider-Man comics I read because it was newer and easier to jump into than 616.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: absolutely. its arguably the best run on Spider-Man ever. Probably better than Lee/Ditkos stuff given that theirs is pretty outdated at this point.

USM was actually the first Spider-Man comics I read because it was newer and easier to jump into than 616.

I have to agree with you that it's probably the best run on Spider-man ever

I also have to agree with you regarding Miles...while he and his supporting cast aren't anywhere near as compelling as Peter and his supporting cast I do still really like Miles and Ganke

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@danhimself: yeah ./shrug

Sucks because I absolute love Ultimate Gwen. And Ultimate MJ turning into a punk chick after Peter died was awesome too. I didn't really like her while he was alive or their relationship.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Well all the warning bells for the eminent death of the UU should have been going off already, tho I still firmly believe Marvel is trying to set us up for a New52 style reboot anyway so it was probably bound to happen any way.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself

@fallschirmjager: MJ was just so d@mn stupid early in the run...like Peter would tell her to stay away from people and she would turn around and run right to them...she did get better towards the end though...especially when she hit Norman with a truck

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@danhimself said:

@fallschirmjager: MJ was just so d@mn stupid early in the run...like Peter would tell her to stay away from people and she would turn around and run right to them...she did get better towards the end though...especially when she hit Norman with a truck

Yeah I really didn't care for their relationship that much. It felt like the only reason they were together in USM was because their names were Peter and MJ.

It got better as it went on, but I still prefer Gwen.

Kitty wasn't that bad either. And as usual Black Cat was awesome but short lived lol

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

Yeah I really didn't care for their relationship that much. It felt like the only reason they were together in USM was because their names were Peter and MJ.

It got better as it went on, but I still prefer Gwen.

Kitty wasn't that bad either. And as usual Black Cat was awesome but short lived lol

I felt bad for Gwen and Kitty....Bendis made the MJ and Peter relationship into this huge/legendary relationship....I preferred him with Gwen but you knew that it would end badly for anyone other than MJ...heck he made it pretty clear that he was just using Kitty so that he could be in a relationship and know that his girlfriend couldn't be hurt

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@danhimself: Yeah. Oh well. I've read enough comics to know that the industry has massive issues when it comes to hero relationships. Especially over the long term.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait said:

@danhimself: Oh well that confirms it's probably the next issue after Cataclysm because counting Spider-Men and Requiem that brings us to like 198 and if we count #16.1 of UC:SM that brings us to 199.

that upsets me a great deal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Me too. I just hope Miles, Jessica, Cloak & Dagger, and Bombshell at least get their own 616-based series or something. Makes me sad to think what might happen to the Ultimate versions of MJ, Gwen, and May...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait said:

@danhimself: Me too. I just hope Miles, Jessica, Cloak & Dagger, and Bombshell at least get their own 616-based series or something. Makes me sad to think what might happen to the Ultimate versions of MJ, Gwen, and May...

I just don't want it to end it at all....all of the supporting cast from Peter's Ultimate Spider-man getting unceremoniously blown up or eaten by Galactus really upsets me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new Miles/Jessica/Cloak/Dagger/Bombshell series should be called "The Ultimate Power Pack" or something like that.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.