Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1193 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

The Official Miles Morales FanClub

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By novi_homines

Hello ComicVine!!!

I Noticed that there isn't a thread where people can come to talk about Miles Morales. Thus I set out to create a hub where those who have questions, and intrigue in Miles Morales can come to get feedback, interpretation, and overall views on the character! To start off, i'm going to go over the origin story for the character, since most may be unaware. Obviously spoilers on the origin follows.

No Caption Provided

The story begins with Norman Osborn and his new lead scientist Dr. Markus talking about perfecting the super soldier Oz formula, with one of these genetically altered spiders in hand. Osborn gave the spider to Dr. Markus, and revealed that he created spiderman. He immediately states that if he tells anyone about that, he will kill Dr. Markus with his bare hands. Dr. Markus proceeds to put the spider in its designated box. Distrought by what Osborn said, he forgot to close the spider box properly. Allowing the spider to escape. Later that night, a highly skilled thief/ criminal makes his debut, The Prowler . The Prowler makes his way into the building looking to steal money, and advanced technology. Little did he know the spider was crawling on him, and made his way into the duffle bag he brought.

We then get to see Miles Morales for the first time. Miles' parents are taking him to a junior high charter school lottery. Miles Morales is 13 yrs of age, but he is not an upbeat, extremely happy 13 yr old. He has a certain amount of seriousness, and maturity to him. Even at this young age. As they enter the lottery, we get a feel for the enormity of this raffle. Around 700 kids from his neighborhood alone applied for this raffle, and only 40 in total get chosen. Nearing the end of the raffle, Miles' number gets called. His mom is ecstatic. She believes that this was his one and only chance of not being a victim to the dangers of going to public school within his neighborhood in brooklyn, new york. Miles immediately looks around and notices the sadness of all the other kids that didn't get chosen. He doesn't believe that this is right, or fair. His mother holds him while crying in joy. She tells him to just focus on himself.

No Caption Provided

Miles goes to visit his Uncle Aaron. He tells him about the lottery, and his uncle is happy for him as well. He also echoes what his mother was saying, that he has a chance to become something great in life, and not have to struggle as a kid, the way he and miles' father did. His uncle gets him a popsicle to celebrate. Miles sits on the couch beside what looks to be a duffle bag. It is at this point that master theif/ criminal, The Prowler, is indeed his uncle Aaron. The genetically enhanced spider that sneaked in The Prowler's duffle bags the night before, crawls out of the duffle bag, and bites Miles Morales. Miles jumps up from the couch in shock and pain, and begins to have a seizure and passes out.

Miles wakes up, feeling fine. His Uncle asks is worried and tells miles he had to call his father, who bursts in right on cue. His father checks if Miles is ok, and then unleashes fury on Aaron. Asking what Aaron did to Miles. Alluding to drugs, or illegal substances. Obviously his father knows Aaron's past better than we do. They argue for a bit, and then notice that Miles has left the apartment. His father sets out to find him. He yells his name, and then walks right in front of Miles. Miles expects him to stop yelling his name, but his father doesn't. Miles then realizes that he has become invisible. Displaying one of the new powers he now has, invisibility.

No Caption Provided

Miles is immediately freaked out by this. He runs away, and is shown to be running extremely fast. Two men moving a big screen out of a building converge with the path of Miles. Miles jumps over this tv, which was held at about twice his height. He attracts a crowd with this action, and Miles is now completely freaked out. Miles turns invisible, and runs into the alley. He sits there for a second to compose himself, and then heads to his best friend's house, Ganke. Miles shows Ganke his powers, and naturally, Ganke thinks this is insanely awesome. Miles' father bursts into Ganke's room, and takes miles home. Miles and Ganke talk, and realize that the spider at his uncle's house has something to do with it. But when they go to Uncle Aaron's house to confront him, they realize that Uncle Aaron has left, and has taken all of his belongings. The house was empty.

No Caption Provided

On the way back home, Ganke and Miles come across a burning building, with a woman trapped on the highest level. Ganke tells him he can get her by climbing up there. Miles is afraid that people will see him, Ganke asks, "who cares?". Miles ends up saving the lady, and leaves the scene before anyone can ask questions. They head back to their room in their school dorm (which Ganke also got accepted to) and go to bed. An alarm had went off, and everyone was asked to go in the auditorium for an announcement. The announcement ended up being Peter Parker's death. Miles tells Ganke to cover for him while he goes to see whats' going on. He climbs out of the building, and sees an explosion. He heads towards there, and sees spiderman in the arms of mary jane. With his aunt and gwen crying. Miles asks what his name was, and Gwen tells him it was peter parker. Miles returns to his room to tell Ganke what happened. He blames himself for not being their to use his powers to assist pete. Ganke believes there's nothing he could've done. He also thinks that maybe this is a sign that he has to fulfill the mantle and become spiderman.

No Caption Provided

Ganke gets Miles a halloween spiderman costume to use while crime fighting. Miles goes out to try it out one night, and while jumping from building to building, he gets kicked onto a rooftop by none other than spiderwoman, who gives the best line in the comic: "My name is Spider-Woman. The question is, and I want you to think really hard about how you answer, who the @#$! do you think you are?". Spider Woman takes him into custody, where Iron man, hawkeye, nick fury, and spider woman examine him. Nick fury then has a private conversation with him, only to be interrupted by an explosion. Fury goes to see what's the cause, and realizes that its Electro. With iron man, hawkeye, and spiderwoman down for the moment, Miles used this chance to prove himself by taking down Electro. The next day, spiderwoman came to his school with a package. Apologizing for being so hostile initially, and also telling him that he proved himself with what he did to Electro the night before. She tells Miles that if he agrees to this, he will need to be committed. She then turns around and leaves. Miles slightly confused, opens the package to find a brand new spiderman suit in it. Thus officially becoming the new Spider-Man.

No Caption Provided

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By novi_homines

So what do you guys think? This is the VERY beginning of his story. I tried not to give his best moments away. Also, his uncle comes back. I dont want to spoil anything but the dynamic between spiderman and his uncle The Prowler, as well as Miles and his uncle Aaron, is something everyone should read and be aware of. Very interesting stuff. And Miles has developed a unique relationship with spider woman as well. She's very much involved in this book. Almost like a big sister figure.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles is the best spider-man in comics right now.

Dead serious.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

Dead serious.

Kaine>>>>>>every other Spider-man

@god_spawn@deranged_midget This should probably be in the Miles Morales forum :)

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@strider92: Indeed it should be and I'd agree with the statement that Kaine is better than any other "current" Spider-Man. ;)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 god_spawn  Moderator

@strider92: Well, I was going to move this, but DM took care of this.

Oh, and Agent Venom>>>>>every other Spider Man :P.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and Agent Venom>>>>>every other Spider Man :P.

You are trying to provoke me aren't you!? :p

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 god_spawn  Moderator

@strider92: Bunn and Shalvey>>>>Yost and whatever artist is running with him right now. And Stegman.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Bunn and Shalvey>>>>Yost and whatever artist is running with him right now. And Stegman.

my reaction to this gif: “Is that Chris Pratt?” It is.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 god_spawn  Moderator
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By novi_homines

Dead serious.

I agree. I'll just drop this here =P

No Caption Provided

I really wish pete was back though. There needs to be a better connection with all of the spiderman characters. Much like how Batman has "Batman Incorporation"

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
    thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Miles Morale>>>>Every other Black Character

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I just came here to say that i read the first 5 issues and i can tell that Miles is great,and a very likeable character,and i said this is gonna be done good,only if there is respect to Peter,and it is like that,and that makes me happy ,but.....i wont continue reading.....It hurts,you know!.....my first Spider-Man comic was Ultimate Spider-Man #4,and therefore my favorite writer is Bendis and fav. artist Bagley,no matter what they do.....i really bonded to this book.....hell i was 16 and i cried when Ultimate Pete died,so.....Miles is great and i'm waiting eagerly for Spider-Men 2(!) but,i wont continue.....

@novi_homines: See?...i gave it a try!

I heared that Bendis isnt doing Spider-Men 2 now,cause Pete is Ock,and he refuses to write Spider-Man as Doc Ock....that makes me happy!

Dead serious.

Right now?.....Yes.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By novi_homines

@punyparker said:

I just came here to say that i read the first 5 issues and i can tell that Miles is great,and a very likeable character,and i said this is gonna be done good,only if there is respect to Peter,and it is like that,and that makes me happy ,but.....i wont continue reading.....It hurts,you know!.....my first Spider-Man comic was Ultimate Spider-Man #4,and therefore my favorite writer is Bendis and fav. artist Bagley,no matter what they do.....i really bonded to this book.....hell i was 16 and i cried when Ultimate Pete died,so.....Miles is great and i'm waiting eagerly for Spider-Men 2(!) but,i wont continue.....

I heared that Bendis isnt doing Spider-Men 2 now,cause Pete is Ock,and he refuses to write Spider-Man as Doc Ock....that makes me happy!

@truemarvel said:

Dead serious.

Right now?.....Yes.

I'm SO HAPPY that you gave it a try. If you don't want to continue, thats perfectly fine. You gave it a shot. If u ever want to know whats going on within the series, simply let me know.

And i'm really beginning to hate what's going on with superior. Before, I was reading it objectively, without much knowledge of how it was handled and what not. But now, after being engulfed with all of the characters of the within the ultimate universe (spider-woman, may, gwen, mary jane, etc., i've gotten a better sense as to what peter means to Marvel and comics as a whole. It really saddens me that they would think of treating their poster child like this. I can only hope that this is a phase that will end VERY soon

When reading Miles and Peter in the same comic book (Spider-Men, just bought it last week), it legitimately brought a smile on my face. They work amazingly well with each other in terms of dialogue and I would definitely love to see an overall spiderman book. One that includes all of the spider - heroes (Miles, pete, kaine, jessica, etc), much like Batman's Batman Incorporation book. Wouldn't that be cool?!? But I will only want this made when peter comes back. Not a single issue sooner.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PunyParker

@novi_homines: Yeah,Miles is totally cool,and i just loved Ganke!

Your fav book is Ultimate Spidey written by Bendis....Superior is written by Slott.....it is 2 steps down, you DONT WANNA GO THERE,SON! :P

Bendis showed that he loves Peter Parker,in Ultimate Spider-Man comics and all the others he did with him in it(Avengers ,AvX, Spider-Men)

I too hope that in time for Amazing SM 2 Pete will come back....we'll see...

Spider-Men was too awesome,and i wiil FOR SURE pick up the sequel....and what i said about it "I heared that Bendis isnt doing Spider-Men 2 now,cause Pete is Ock,and he refuses to write Spider-Man as Doc Ock....that makes me happy!" i think it's true,cause i did a little reasearch and found that Spider-Men 2 was gonna be released in April.....so i believe Bendis himself said that he wants to write Peter not some villian in his body......

If the editor will convince him to write it...idk...

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By novi_homines

@punyparker said:

@novi_homines: Yeah,Miles is totally cool,and i just loved Ganke!

Your fav book is Ultimate Spidey written by Bendis....Superior is written by Slott.....it is 2 steps down, you DONT WANNA GO THERE,SON! :P

Bendis showed that he loves Peter Parker,in Ultimate Spider-Man comics and all the others he did with him in it(Avengers ,AvX, Spider-Men)

I too hope that in time for Amazing SM 2 Pete will come back....we'll see...

Spider-Men was too awesome,and i wiil FOR SURE pick up the sequel....and what i said about it "I heared that Bendis isnt doing Spider-Men 2 now,cause Pete is Ock,and he refuses to write Spider-Man as Doc Ock....that makes me happy!" i think it's true,cause i did a little reasearch and found that Spider-Men 2 was gonna be released in April.....so i believe Bendis himself said that he wants to write Peter not some villian in his body......

If the editor will convince him to write it...idk...

I LOVE GANKE AS WELL!! Such a good friend.

I hope bendis stands by his ground. I wouldn't want him to write one with Ock either. The reason why it was so good was because of the interaction between pete and miles. That's what made it seem like a classic, andts won't be the same with ock. Doing one with ock would undermine the significance of the team - up. So yeah, i'm happy Bendis said that. He seems to understand spiderman fans and what we want.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PunyParker

@novi_homines: Hey,Pete approves...i'm cool!! :)

No Caption Provided

I will just re-read Spider-Men,cause now i know something about Miles....when i read it last year,i didnt know a damn thing!
    Now it makes it sooo interesting!

Pichelli is nailing it.....Bendis-Pichelli for Amazing Spider-Man #701 !!!

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By novi_homines

@novi_homines: Hey,Pete approves...i'm cool!! :)

No Caption Provided

I will just re-read Spider-Men,cause now i know something about Miles....when i read it last year,i didnt know a damn thing!

Now it makes it sooo interesting!

Pichelli is nailing it.....Bendis-Pichelli for Amazing Spider-Man #701 !!!

I loved that scene. I also really liked this one.

No Caption Provided

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By novi_homines

I love the way these villains are reimagined for Miles.

The new scorpion looks pretty good.

No Caption Provided

But the new venom is BADASS!!! He looks more alien.

No Caption Provided

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@truemarvel said:

Dead serious.

Right now?.....Yes.

One that includes all of the spider - heroes (Miles, pete, kaine, jessica, etc), much like Batman's Batman Incorporation book. Wouldn't that be cool?!? But I will only want this made when peter comes back. Not a single issue soone

please just stop. Even suggesting something so freaking awesome as that will make my head explode!!!

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By novi_homines

@truemarvel said:

@novi_homines said:

One that includes all of the spider - heroes (Miles, pete, kaine, jessica, etc), much like Batman's Batman Incorporation book. Wouldn't that be cool?!? But I will only want this made when peter comes back. Not a single issue soone

please just stop. Even suggesting something so freaking awesome as that will make my head explode!!!

RIGHT?!?!?!! I was REALLY considering stalking bendis on twitter with this idea. But then I realized I wouldn't even want this done without the real peter. Peter needs to come back ASAP!

No matter how I think about it now, I keep asking myself, who in their right mind would employ such a horrible story concept on marvel's most prized comic book character?!? Its just completely horrible and pisses me off more and more. I wonder who are the ones that are actually buying it. Hopefully now that pete's ghost is completely removed from the book, people will stop buying it entirely. And as a result they decide to end this due to horrible sales. Because that's the only way to get pete back fast enough. Everyone who wants pete back, should not be spending a single dime on this book.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Strider1992

@theacidskull: Meuh I still don't like current Venom so its Kaine all the way for me.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I started it a while ago. Got to issue 17 and dropped it. Wasn't for me. I think I traded it in for Harbinger or something like that.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By novi_homines
    Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@novi_homines: did the rest of the sinister six get reimagined?

i don't know yet. Miles has only seen a few previously known, major villains so far (venom, scorpion, electro). So we can't know until others are reintroduced.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: I just hope that BASED GOD, and not Glover gets the role

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Dead serious.

agreed

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemarvel said:

@novi_homines said:

RIGHT?!?!?!! I was REALLY considering stalking bendis on twitter with this idea. But then I realized I wouldn't even want this done without the real peter. Peter needs to come back ASAP!

No matter how I think about it now, I keep asking myself, who in their right mind would employ such a horrible story concept on marvel's most prized comic book character?!? Its just completely horrible and pisses me off more and more. I wonder who are the ones that are actually buying it. Hopefully now that pete's ghost is completely removed from the book, people will stop buying it entirely. And as a result they decide to end this due to horrible sales. Because that's the only way to get pete back fast enough. Everyone who wants pete back, should not be spending a single dime on this book.

I am one of those people buying it, simply because it's confirmed peter will be back, I mean this is just another story of spider-man getting beat by the bad guy, and then returning and kicking butt. Nothing more nothing less. If they killed him off forever then sure id be upset, but for a story arc it's whatever.

Plus it's nice to see a villain actually win and be a threat for once, instead of losing at the last second. Ock is a guy i love to hate at the moment, and when peter comes back and wins it will be glorious

As for Miles? HELL YEAH MILES, his story is so fun to read, I am loving every moment of it

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@novi_homines said:

@truemarvel said:

@novi_homines said:

I am one of those people buying it, simply because it's confirmed peter will be back, I mean this is just another story of spider-man getting beat by the bad guy, and then returning and kicking butt. Nothing more nothing less. If they killed him off forever then sure id be upset, but for a story arc it's whatever.

Plus it's nice to see a villain actually win and be a threat for once, instead of losing at the last second. Ock is a guy i love to hate at the moment, and when peter comes back and wins it will be glorious

As for Miles? HELL YEAH MILES, his story is so fun to read, I am loving every moment of it

Glad you're enjoying Miles.

Has pete been confirmed to be coming back? I must have missed that.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By w0nd

@novi_homines: Slott himself said he is, people went on about how he hates peter and how he hates mj and his response was, (a quick summary)

I don't hate Peter, this is just another story arc about the Parker luck. Bad things happen to super heroes sometimes.

And that's really at it is, Peter having yet another crappy time with his life.

And everything about ultimate spider-man I love. I was iffy at first since peter died here, but his death seemed alright, he went out as a hero. I don't think he will be back though, once he comes back people will be gunning for him and his family, in 616 when he unmasked himself his life was ruined, and he was an adult with super hero friends for protection, this one is just a kid...and he's been dead for 2 years now so it's safe to say he's long gone.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: Thank you for starting this awesome thread, man!

Dead serious.

Agrreed 100%

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@novi_homines: Slott himself said he is, people went on about how he hates peter and how he hates mj and his response was, (a quick summary)

I don't hate Peter, this is just another story arc about the Parker luck. Bad things happen to super heroes sometimes.

And that's really at it is, Peter having yet another crappy time with his life.

And everything about ultimate spider-man I love. I was iffy at first since peter died here, but his death seemed alright, he went out as a hero. I don't think he will be back though, once he comes back people will be gunning for him and his family, in 616 when he unmasked himself his life was ruined, and he was an adult with super hero friends for protection, this one is just a kid...and he's been dead for 2 years now so it's safe to say he's long gone.

well i'm happy its only a matter of time. I always thought it'll only be a matter of time. I just hope that amount of time is a short matter of time. lol

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: Ok,ok....i couldnt resist and read till #12....and i dont care what you all think of him......he's just the definition of AWESOME!!!!

No Caption Provided

LOVE this man!....

And also that "What would Peter Parker do?!" Miles said,at one point touched me....

Till Pete comes back,Miles is a worthy Spider-Man,and i'll continue reading.....dammit.....

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By novi_homines

@punyparker said:

@novi_homines: Ok,ok....i couldnt resist and read till #12....and i dont care what you all think of him......he's just the definition of AWESOME!!!!

No Caption Provided

LOVE this man!....

And also that "What would Peter Parker do?!" Miles said,at one point touched me....

Till Pete comes back,Miles is a worthy Spider-Man,and i'll continue reading.....dammit.....

Yes, he's AWESOME!! Also, have you gotten to the aunt may issue yet? You're in for some good stories!!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PunyParker

@novi_homines: Issue #12,When Aaron died and Aunt May called Tony.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You guys are making me want to read Ultimate Spiderman.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By novi_homines

@punyparker said:

@novi_homines: Issue #12,When Aaron died and Aunt May called Tony.

YES!!! The next issue is AMAZING!!!

And I hope they bring Aaron back somehow. He's too much of a badass not to be brought back. And that dynamic between him and miles/ spiderman is something that can be used to tell interesting stories.

And how'd you like that scorpion fight? I was laughing when miles got punched in the face by scorpion. Miles' reaction was priceless.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: I hope Bendis brings him back along with Peter Parker for Spider-Men 2......just imagine the nerdgasm....just imagine. Pete-Miles and Aaron....Jesus!

@farkam said:

Its good.Im still a Parker fanboy and always will be,but this stuff is good.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By novi_homines

@punyparker: " Big boy words. Now you're gonna get a big boy response." This page was just EPIC!!!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By novi_homines

@farkam said:

Go ahead. Give it a try!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.