off MY mind: writers and their characters

#1 Edited by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm an undeniable fan of the new Spider-man.Huge. That being said, should it really still be the norm to have writers such as Bendis, writing for people of african or hispanic descent? In ultimate SM #08, I see some extremely inaccurate views of a Middle aged african american man. I mean "Now all your worries IS over, you a man, YO" Really Even in NY, do black folks rarely put a yo at the end of a sentence especially one that has gravity to it. "Tell your dad and your moms I said "hey hey" " What, is he re-run from whats happening? come on, can we at least get a black consultant, to point these guys in the right direction? No spoilers in this, I'm only at page 8, but I felt the need to write this, and anymore rediculous phrases they pour out of his mouth

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.