Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1193 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

Off My Mind: Is Miles Morales Ready to Be the Ultimate Spider-Man?

• 87 results
    Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    thephantomstranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So is this just saying "New Ultimate Spider-man will probably have character development or something?" or is it an article highlighting a possible plot hole?

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Cafeterialoca

I'm really hoping he gets his own villains and they don't make "A new Green Goblin" or "A new Doc Ock!"

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Miles needs to adopt a new identity or be shot in the head. Those are the only acceptable options. There is one Spider-Man, and that is Peter Parker. 

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Super_Gui_1

The story has great potential, it'll come down to how Bengis handles it.

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Maniac2312

I wouldn't mind checking this bookout.

GaryTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By GaryTitan

God I fucking hope not.

FoxCircuit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By FoxCircuit101

The only one I see can really tutor Miles in using his powers is Jessica drew the Ultimate Spider Woman, yeah they got off to a rough start but she cares about the Spider Man mantle and wants Miles to live up to that. And come to think of it, things went wrong when the Ultimates tried to train Parker wanna know why? They didn't teach him anything!!!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#58  Edited By The Impersonator

With second great power comes second great responsibility.

MRPezzato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MRPezzato

I'm the only one who remember about the Ultimates concerned about someone young as Peter being a hero? Oh, wait! That's why he was killed in the first place!

Stark voted in favor for Peter, while Steve wanted to put the boy in jail. And Thor was in favor so they decided to TRAIN Peter. But it was not like it worked very well...

http://i42.tinypic.com/33w2io9.jpg

And then Steve in his civilian identity called Peter (while he was talking to MJ about the "training", no less), showed him a cemetery full of deceased soldiers just to tell him how unfit he was, that he should just go home. Then he got the calling about the 2 Ultimate teams fighting, Peter followed him despite being told to don't get involved and got shot to save Steve's life. No wonder why aunt May hit Captain America in the face.

So, if Peter wasn't fit to be Spider-Man after all this time, what about poor Miles? He's totally screwed

jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By jaredbright

I never read much Ultimate Spider-man. It's a good book. But it would just be awesome if they killed him off real soon. No really, they do that in the Ultimate Universe. They killed Ultimate Wolverine and Cyclops. Just to show how dangerous this job is. I guess I have no attatchment to the book. But that would be comedy gold to me.:)

odysseyuwrf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By odysseyuwrf

Is Miles ready to be Spidey? Not a chance.

Was Peter ready to be Spidey? Not a chance.

Some have this notion that Peter was ready to be Spider-Man simply because he was Peter Parker. He was nothing more than a lanky, teenager, with no prospects of heroism, until he got bit by the spider. Miles is not any different. Sure, Peter was older, but who cares. They have the same morales, the same ambition. If Peter got away with it for as long as he did, Miles will as well.

GokaiFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GokaiFire

Where do you get the assumption that Miles is "extremely intelligent" or "pretty smart"? The character has not showed any signs of being close to the intelligence level of Peter Parker (and lets face it, Ult. Peter Parker didn't act as smart as he should have most of the time). I think that people are so desperate to find any thing good that they can about the "ALL NEW Ultimate Spider-Man" that they begin adding traits that aren't there i.e. "extremely intelligent". But apparently I am in the minority that thinks Miles is a terrible choice as the new Spider-Man and that Bendis' story is incredibly slow and not all that interesting. I can't wait for the first time Miles gets shot, I wonder how he will handle it because Peter didn't handle it well the first time.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

I Agree! Miles has donned the Spider-suit he is the current Spider-Man and we need to give him a chance, that mean every Marvel and especially Spidey-fans, Miles needs are support he has a DESTINY. Miles is young and he will get proper training from Fury and the Ultimates. This kid has Potential he, is the Ultimate Spider-Man he has no choice and they cancel him it wouldn't make sense

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

I miss Peter Parker already. I know it's not his fault, but I kinda hate Miles for taking over.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By avidwriter

He's still Spider man?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By Kallarkz

@Emperormeister734 said:

I Agree! Miles has donned the Spider-suit he is the current Spider-Man and we need to give him a chance, that mean every Marvel and especially Spidey-fans, Miles needs are support he has a DESTINY. Miles is young and he will get proper training from Fury and the Ultimates. This kid has Potential he, is the Ultimate Spider-Man he has no choice and they cancel him it wouldn't make sense

unless sales are dirt bad they wont cancel this.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ravisher

if he keep practicing he might be too powerful

looks at his powers

invisibility,venom

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Dedpool

Let Spiderwoman train him. She's the most able,and would understand what he's going through being a clone of Peter and all. I also think he should train with Torch Kitty and Iceman, basically anyone who's known him for a while

Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Joe Venom

I can't wait to read the 'A Brotha from anotha Motha" saga

UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By UltraHeroix

Miles is a dead spider walking...er crawling.

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By lady_toyano

Hellz yeah he can, but that boy definitely needs some training bc if Ultimate Spiderman becomes the comic where spider dudes die, you can keep that junk. Miles is way to precious, young, and bright to fade out. Nick better recognize what his game plan is for approaching Miles and it needs to be solid.

WebHead98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By WebHead98

I find that the way he is drawn makes him looks like a 12 year old kid.

onlyyourkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By onlyyourkevin

Since the beginning, I never really liked the shit the Ultimate Universe offers. And now this: All I can say is, having a fucking weak niglet taking the mantle of everyone's favorite hero is too fucking stupid. I know these guys just want show that Black characters need the spotlight more often and I have nothing against that, in fact, it's cool they're doing this. But putting in a Black person in a Spiderman suit ? no Marvel, you ARE going too far. bring back peter soon Marvel, the Ultimates suck already after 'the Ultimatum' and you're making things worse.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74  Edited By CATPANEXE

Not meaning to be dismissive, but considering Miles becoming Spider-man is the single most prolific and news making thing Marvel has done within the pages of there comics in some time, maybe since the death of Steve Rogers and possibly get's even more press than that, I would say he is going to have to deal because he's going to be Spider-man for some time.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Static Shock

@onlyyourkevin: You have a warning for that offensive response of yours. Refrain from it in the future, please.

cadaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By cadaver

I find this really shocking and don't really believe it.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Skaddix

@Static Shock said:

@onlyyourkevin: You have a warning for that offensive response of yours. Refrain from it in the future, please.

Really the start of the n word added to end of piglet only scores a warning? What type of racially offensive or tinged language does it take to get a ban?

Look most teen heroes especially ones who don't start out as sidekicks don't have much experience or are ready. But its the standard heroes journey u don't start with the character already a highly trained beast u start with a noob.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Static Shock

@Skaddix said:

Really the start of the n word added to end of piglet only scores a warning? What type of racially offensive or tinged language does it take to get a ban?

The type that goes on an excessively racist tangent. He hasn't gone that far yet.

I do things in degrees. The worst of something gets the worst punishment.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

@Static Shock: this is so fuckin weak.. we all know what he meant we all know the TYPE of person thatd use that word as casually as he did and we all know theres NO situation where it ISNT highly offensive and racist..

yet he gets a pass for not "goin on an excessive racist tangent" what does that even mean? does he have to start postin gifs of burnin crosses/lynching footage before someone calls foul? i garuantee if he'd used one iota of "homophobic" slur.. he'd ave been flagged.. and lets face it we ALL KNOW theres NO way heshe would use the term around a group or even singular person of black origin

peter never had "training" in ANY iteration of spiderman.. he grew up on the job.. in 616 AND ultimates.. his abilities are as such that he wouldnt NEED the training most heroes go thru.. miles is no diff.. starting him at 13 gives him more shelf life &he has TONS of potential and a VAST difference from peter.. he CHOSE to be a hero with his powers he didnt have it forced upon him by a guilt/responsibility complex.. which IMO speaks volumes of the character.. wether he sticks with it &what trials n tribulations he endures during the journey is up to wheoevers at the helm.. i for one think this should have come much sooner by originally makin Peter Parker black in the 1st place.. but hey.. lates better than never.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Static Shock

@THEBlaqueBasterd: His post was flagged by another user, and I gave the guy a warning for what he typed. He didn't get a pass. I'm not going to ban the guy for one little racial slur (especially when there are far worse things that what he said). I suggest you calm down and watch your language.

I'd also appreciate it if you let me be the moderator for a change. He didn't use the remark toward you or anyone else in this thread, so the situation is not for you to worry about. Thanks.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

@odysseyuwrf: here here!!

heroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By heroman

stop being race give the half black half mexican guy a change maybe he ready but i dont think so

Avatar image for the_average_bear
    The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By The Average Bear

I think it'll be interesting to see a new Spider-Man come to fruition as a hero

And everyone throwing the race card, Nick Fury is African-American in this universe. So maybe, just maybe, the writes wanted Miles to be of color simply because they wanted him to be of color. There isn't always an underlying message of racism in everything, you guys.

dmerisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By dmerisma

he have no experience but with training n being mature he can become a great hero

Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Triumphant

@noj: hear hear!

daredeville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#86  Edited By daredeville

This Ultimate Spider-Man comic is the first Ultimate book I've read or had interest in reading at all, personally. I've been a long-time (well since like 1994) follower of Marvel's 616 universe and tend to stick to that rather than reading alternate versions of them. I personally don't care for the look and feel of a lot of the Ultimate characters I have seen, so I've stayed away. But when I read about Miles taking over as Spider-Man, how young he was, and the different kind of perspective that may bring to the character, I was all for trying out someone else in the mantle with a fresh history, attempting to fill the void of Peter frickin' Parker... Those are some big, much-loved shoes he has to fill, and he is going to have an uphill journey to even be accepted as a real hero... And the main thing is that Miles isn't a clone of Peter (no offense Spider-Woman), and so the book doesn't read like they are trying to make him be like Peter. That's one of the best things about Miles's story as Bendis has been writing it – Miles is totally and completely his own person. He's going experience and see things differently than Peter did, and that is GREAT. I love Peter like everyone else, but the benefit of this Ultimate U version is that he had a lifespan. We loved him while he was here, and now he is gone. So now it is time for Miles's story.

Personally, I think this is one of the best books Brian Michael Bendis has ever written (and I have had mixed enjoyment of his work - loved his Daredevil & Dark Avengers, not so much New Avengers), and I'm on board for Miles's journey for as long as it remains interesting/I can afford it!

@Dedpool said:

Let Spiderwoman train him. She's the most able,and would understand what he's going through being a clone of Peter and all. I also think he should train with Torch Kitty and Iceman, basically anyone who's known him for a while

That's what I figured would happen when she was the one to present him with the costume. (I'm currently 2-3 issue behind in reading, so that's the last thing I saw)

Optimus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt:

Peter already gave him his blessing. If he approves, you should too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.