NEW Miles Morales (Possible) Love Interest

• 52 results
#1 Edited by Captain13 (3027 posts) - - Show Bio

In the letters pages of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man issue 11 and issue 12, readers have asked for Miles Morales to get a love interest. And the editor has written that he'll have a new love interest coming along very soon.

I think that she's actually already shown up in issue 12, in which we see a girl stare at Miles in the background of one panel and the foreground of another panel. Could this be Miles's new/first love interest?

Only time will tell--but I like this seedling of a "first love" type story.

Give me a cookie if I'm right!

*Edit- New Image From Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Issue 19

#2 Edited by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully. He needs a GF. Or at least a female confidant that he likes (since they're....what 13?). I hate people saying that he's 'a homo' just because he's black (nothing against gays though, sorry).

After watching Spidey learn about his powers, and whoop some butt, it's about time he gets a gal pal.

#3 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

this could be interesting. hopefully he won't have too much of a complicated love interest like peter parker did when he had mj and gwen stacy, carlie cooper.

#4 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10056 posts) - - Show Bio

He's so young, I'd feel kind of pedophiliac reading about 13 year old's dating. But that's just me, regardless, I'd vote yes go for it.

#5 Posted by Onemoreposter (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

It's only pedophiliacy if it turns you on. I think it would be kind've odd if he didn't get a love interest some time soon. I was seeing girls when I was 13. I think it's actually a pretty average age for kids to start "fooling around" what with puberty and all that.

#6 Posted by Captain13 (3027 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait could this be Carlie Cooper?

Or Missy Kallenback, a minor character in the new Amazing Spider-Man film?

#7 Edited by War Killer (19500 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:

I seriously kept thinking that chick was Jessica Jones, she literally pops up twice in the movie and stands out to the point where you notice her among the crowd.
#8 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she will be,she may be a person of interest though.

#9 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they'd had the foresight to sneak Miles into TAM. "Jake" could've been "Miles" pretty easily with a different actor.

#10 Posted by Strider92 (15272 posts) - - Show Bio

This right here is why it was such a fricking retarded idea to make Miles 13! We've already had a Spider-man who went through school etc... why not break the mold and have Miles as a guy in his mid-twenties? Its different from the other Spider-men and they could give Miles a love interest without it bordering on the pedophiliac side. Seriously Bendis.........

Tell me when Miles is 18 an i'll start reading Ult Spider-man again because as it is now its dead in the water.....

#11 Posted by AweSam (7110 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

Hopefully. He needs a GF. Or at least a female confidant that he likes (since they're....what 13?). I hate people saying that he's 'a homo' just because he's black (nothing against gays though, sorry).

After watching Spidey learn about his powers, and whoop some butt, it's about time he gets a gal pal.

You're incorrect. We assume Spider-man in general is a homosexual.

#12 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@Twentyfive said:

You're incorrect. We assume Spider-man in general is a homosexual.

How did his ethnicity make people come to the conclusion that he's a homosexual?

#13 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: You know people. They see something they don't like, they call it gay. I've heard people even say that he is black, hispanic, and gay, and that's why they won't read it. Oh well.

#14 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

When I saw the movie I assumed this was either Alpha's love interest or the girl by Miles locker she looks allot like both of them

#15 Posted by Captain13 (3027 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Captain13 said:

When I saw the movie I assumed this was either Alpha's love interest or the girl by Miles locker she looks allot like both of them

Alpha's is Asian. So Miles...

#16 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Captain13 said:

and there's a guy in the background who looks like an oldish miles... coincidence? I think not!

#17 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrArrogant said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Captain13 said:

and there's a guy in the background who looks like an oldish miles... coincidence? I think not!

If that's true,then that is one of the coolest cameo appearances I have ever seen.

#18 Edited by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

wouldnt it be better to have miles love interest be black or hispanic. im not against interacial dating its just that on tv they always show the black chick getting with the white guy or the black guy hitting on the white girl. why cant they just give him a cute black girlfriend.

#19 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19 said:

wouldnt it be better to have miles love interest be black or hispanic. im not against interacial dating its just that on tv they always show the black chick getting with the white girl or the black guy hitting on the white girl. why cant they just give him a cute black girlfriend.

The reaction to that would be far more controversial then Miles being announced as the next spider-man.

#20 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: why would people have a problem with it?

#21 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19 said:

@CrimsonCake: why would people have a problem with it?

It's not that they would,but some people will hate it for the same reason they hated the pairing of Black Panther and storm.

#22 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: thats why we need more black couples in comics.

#23 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19 said:

@CrimsonCake: thats why we need more black couples in comics.

True but then people are going to say"What?They only paired them together because there black!"

#24 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: so, who cares what they say. all there doing by putting him with a white girl is encouraging the stereotype that all black guys chase after white girls.I seriously dont see a problem with him being with a black girl. the only people who will have a problem with it will be racists.

#25 Edited by Captain13 (3027 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19: There was a study done last year showing that the more black cast members that a movie has, the less white people are willing to see it--regardless of racial attitudes. This is because when you reach a certain number of Black members, it starts to be seen as a Black movie. Movies targetted exclusively at Black audiences this way make less money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386096/White-cinema-goers-prefer-movies-cast-similar-race-says-study.html

It's probably the same deal with comics.

This is why Will Smith didn't have a black co-star in the 2005 film Hitch. No joke.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Will+Smith-2966.html

Miles's book already has a large Black cast and it's a really diverse book. Miles is from an interracial background. I don't think that the character would be against interracial coupling for this reason. And his interracial relationship would give him broader commercial appeal. That's why he was decided to be mixed race in the first place. Black characters don't sell. Hispanic characters don't sell. By combining both fanbases, you get a character that sells. It's business at the end of the day. I'm just happy that there's a Black/Hispanic character with a really good book that consistently sells well. Don't ruin this for me with your complaints. There are a lot of Black relationships in comics: Storm and Black Panther, Synch and M, Karen Beach and Mal Duncan, Cyborg and Sarah Charles, Bronze Tiger and Vixen, Photon and Brother Voodoo, etc. They may even exceed the interracial ones.

Finally, who's to say that the girl in the picture is not hispanic?

#26 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: how would i be ruining it for you its not like marvel is gonna listen to me anyway. and those are movies spider-man is a comic book. and alot off those charecters are lesser known. i was just suggesting something dont get all butthurt about it. and the girl in the picture looks full on white.

#27 Posted by Captain13 (3027 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19: lol it was meant to sound far less serious than it came across. lol and the current spider-girl looks full on white too. So does Cameron Diaz. there are a lot of people w/ german descent in Latin America

#28 Posted by Teerack (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

Wait could this be Carlie Cooper?

I've been assuming that she was Jessica Jone because she was a dorky kid that had a crush on peter in high school.

#29 Posted by Taiya (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Is she still in the comic or was she just a throwaway character?

#30 Posted by Captain13 (3027 posts) - - Show Bio

@Taiya said:

Solicits say that his gf should be announced within the coming three issues. The character from the OP hasn't reappeared yet though. To be fair, there aren't any other girls his age in his book worth mentioning though.

#31 Posted by Taiya (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

@Taiya said:

Solicits say that his gf should be announced within the coming three issues. The character from the OP hasn't reappeared yet though. To be fair, there aren't any other girls his age in his book worth mentioning though.

Oh I see, thanks!

#32 Posted by Icon (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't get interested in the love life of someone that young. Then again, this probably isn't a comic aimed at anyone older than the characters.

#33 Posted by Captain13 (3027 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icon said:

I can't get interested in the love life of someone that young. Then again, this probably isn't a comic aimed at anyone older than the characters.

I'm in my 20s and I love it. It's not only heartwarming, it's also funny. Very underrated for one of the best book out right now.

#34 Posted by Kyamibear (6 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer if he dated a black girl just saying

#35 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kyamibear: He can have more than one love interest of more than one race. Look at Peter. And why don't you want her to be hispanic? He is also half hispanic.

#36 Posted by Kyamibear (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: yeah he can have more than one interest. and i never said i didnt want him to have a spanish gf i dont mind but imo i think just for once. JUST ONCE id like to see a black girls having long last romance w/o writers/creators pulling a woman in refrigerators (tana moon) or having them dumped for someone. is that too much to ask for?

#37 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kyamibear said:

@Superdork: yeah he can have more than one interest. and i never said i didnt want him to have a spanish gf i dont mind but imo i think just for once. JUST ONCE id like to see a black girls having long last romance w/o writers/creators pulling a woman in refrigerators (tana moon) or having them dumped for someone. is that too much to ask for?

I agree with that! There's not many serious Black love interests. Sarah Charles is a good one. I really like her. Hopefully DC brings back Tam Fox. She was good for Tim.

#38 Posted by Kyamibear (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: i havent heard of sarah charles ill look her up :3 and yes there isnt in DC universe i think the ONLY valid solid black/black relationship is mal duncan and bumblebee thats been around since the 70's and theyre still together. and in marvel it was storm and black panther but that didnt last long and made me mad cause i liked that pairing. im with you on tam fox i loved her and tim as a couple they were so cute!!! and should have stayed together. and the tana moon issue omg i flipped a table when i read the issue *i read it now since i was a baby when it came out back then lol* so hopefully micheal bendis will be nice and give him a black gf if not i will write a letter asking/complaining why miles can have a black gf or ill just make a fanfic XD

#39 Posted by _Urban_Legend_ (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kyamibear said:

@Superdork: i havent heard of sarah charles ill look her up :3 and yes there isnt in DC universe i think the ONLY valid solid black/black relationship is mal duncan and bumblebee thats been around since the 70's and theyre still together. and in marvel it was storm and black panther but that didnt last long and made me mad cause i liked that pairing. im with you on tam fox i loved her and tim as a couple they were so cute!!! and should have stayed together. and the tana moon issue omg i flipped a table when i read the issue *i read it now since i was a baby when it came out back then lol* so hopefully micheal bendis will be nice and give him a black gf if not i will write a letter asking/complaining why miles can have a black gf or ill just make a fanfic XD

Not disagreeing with anything you said. Just highlighting what I liked most in your post =]

#40 Posted by Kyamibear (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Urban_Legend_: lol no prob......but its so true XD

#41 Posted by Kyamibear (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: i like you feel glad we have a hero of colour and race we can relate to. but i still have tiny hope they give him black gf lol. they did have interacial relations like in dc it was superboy and tana moon......until bastards used women in refrigerator method on her!! >:T and static/vergil and frieda if mempry serves me. I just hope miles' gf is likeable thats one of my concerns.

#42 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13928 posts) - - Show Bio

I was giving the show a fair shot now that it's on Netflix and I saw this

#43 Posted by Captain13 (3027 posts) - - Show Bio

The OP has been updated with the following new image:

She has a Jewel/Jessica Jones thing going. Could we see a teenage Luke and Jessica?

#44 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Miles is just a chick-magnet.

:D

#45 Posted by Freddy_F_Freeman (47 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it would be cool to give miles a GF or at least a female friend and from the looks of it they are going to with that girl, it seems like she knows or is gonna figure out that he's spider-man

#46 Edited by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freddy_F_Freeman said:

i think it would be cool to give miles a GF or at least a female friend and from the looks of it they are going to with that girl, it seems like she knows or is gonna figure out that he's spider-man

Hmm I doubt that.

Haven't Miles only been Spider-Man for a couple of months?

There's no way that she'd deduce or make an assumption in that short space of time.

#47 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

I was giving the show a fair shot now that it's on Netflix and I saw this

Really? If Miles is in it I guess I might watch it now. What season/episode?

#48 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13928 posts) - - Show Bio

@InfamousFish: season one, episode 21.

#49 Posted by Freddy_F_Freeman (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h said:

@Freddy_F_Freeman said:

Hmm I doubt that.

Haven't Miles only been Spider-Man for a couple of months?

There's no way that she'd deduce or make an assumption in that short space of time.

yeah he hasnt been spidey for long but she's always around when him and ganke are talking about him being spidey so im thinking she overheard or something, im thinking one day shes gonna randomly cover for miles when ganke cant and that'll lead to something

#50 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: Thank you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.