Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1190 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #6

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

Miles gets some answers from Peter Parker about where he has been. There's also some very interesting revelations with what's happening to Norman Osborn. Brian Michael Bendis continues spinning his web of mystery... pun intended.

The last issue left readers with quite the cliffhanger. Jameson had shot Norman Osborn and seemingly killed him. Guess what? It doesn't end there! Can you kill Norman Osborn? Well, the answer is pretty obvious. You can't because he thinks he's immortal and by the looks of how this issue turned out, he actually is. What a cool revelation for the book and it really heightens the story. Osborn is one of the Ultimate Universe's coolest villains and he keeps evolving with the story lines, which is something that just works so dang good on paper.

Miles ends up facing Norman later on in the issue in some hand-to-hand combat, and Miles very easily stands his own ground thanks to his venom blasts. It was so surprising to see someone who is still relatively new, in the grand scheme of things, at being a super-hero. In addition, the fight scene itself is so incredibly well plotted out and extremely intense. This has to be one of the coolest battles of the week.

Fans do get some answers to why Peter Parker is back... some. Peter recaps the moments after his death where he found himself on an operating table and where he went after that, including visiting his own grave. However, nothing is very clear. Peter could still be a clone or he could be something else... He may even be a bit more connected to Osborn than originally thought, but I don't want to spoil anything for you guys here.

Every single month, David Marquez and Justin Ponsor deliver some fantastic art This month, Ponsor has Jason Keith helping out on colors. Marquez and Ponsor can make a scene of two people talking in a dark room extremely captivating and fill the scene with emotion and tension. In fact, they do that very thing in this issue. The final page isn't a big deal, but the look on Miles' face is wonderful. These guys are at the top of their game right now.

The Bad

Only minor complaints with the issue. The mystery is still building and rather than that immersing the reader in the story, it just increases frustration. Fans want to know something about Peter Parker coming back and while they catch a glimpse into what may have happened, it almost feels like it's not enough. In addition, there's a lot going on in this book with Peter and Miles and Norman coming back. Also, there's the Spider-Robbers running around too. There's way too much mystery in this book, and again, the answers coming out are very limited.

The Verdict

MILES MORALES is one of the top on-going series in comics right now. Sure, there's a few problems with how these mysteries are being revealed and pacing, at times, is rough, but the overall story is incredibly compelling and the art is fantastic. It's at a point where this has become my favorite Spider-Man title and Miles Morales is my favorite Spider-Man. I highly recommend checking this series out. You won't be disappointed.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

another great issue

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles FTW.

Was I the only one who felt that Mary Jane telling Pete "See? I told you he was the real deal" was actually Bendis telling Pete fans to just shut up and give Miles a chance?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3 inferiorego  Staff

Was I the only one who felt that Mary Jane telling Pete "See? I told you he was the real deal" was actually Bendis telling Pete fans to just shut up and give Miles a chance?

YES! YOU FTW!

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the fight at the end

Avatar image for romthelegionaire
    Romthelegionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Miles took Osborn to school; I didn't think is was possible for Goblin to get beat as bad as he did. This issue brings up another question though: are Peter and Miles immortal now too or is it just Osborn.

Armaghetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THAT. IS. IT. All Marvel knows is time travel, clones, Norman Osborn (soooooo sick of this guy) and a million Avengers. I've been following Ultimate all the way, but now more 'is he a clone, isn't he a clone' nonsense. Sure, maybe Peter's the real deal AND IMMORTAL. Yeah, that's great.

Make Thor a woman, cancel Superior Foes...just BRILLIANT people running this company

So long Marvel! There's way too many good stories out there to read rather than waste my hard earned money on this crap. I've been doing it for 40 years. No more. No more Marvel titles at all!

(Well, maybe Punisher and Moon Knight, but that's it!)

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read whatever you enjoy good sir. I have enjoyed this run so much! I wonder how much longer it can go on. I don't think many people at my local shop read this. The sales for ultimate spidey will always be lower than amazing I think.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
    Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MachoMustachio

@tximinoman: wouldn't the fact that they're reading this mean they're already giving Miles a chance? if not they likely are not going to read this thus making the message invalid. That being said however, while there was, is, and will ever only be one REAL Spiderman (and that's Peter), Miles is an awesome character whom definitely deserves repect

I am behind with the Ultimate universe (west coast ultimates for the ultimates and united we stand divided we fall for everything else) but I am glad the Ultimate Spiderman series is still good

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

finally some answers. But a bit obvious. I hope there is a good twist. I will be so pissed if there isnt.
    I kind of liked that peter was dead. He was the only superhero in ultimate universe that was praised so much. Dead peter represented something.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By CommanderShiro

Miles FTW.

Agree with you on that.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Peter really is back, I'll actually be more on board with Miles as spider-man than I have up to this point. I just want Pete to have a happy ending.

MikeGrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THAT. IS. IT. All Marvel knows is time travel, clones, Norman Osborn (soooooo sick of this guy) and a million Avengers. I've been following Ultimate all the way, but now more 'is he a clone, isn't he a clone' nonsense. Sure, maybe Peter's the real deal AND IMMORTAL. Yeah, that's great.

Make Thor a woman, cancel Superior Foes...just BRILLIANT people running this company

So long Marvel! There's way too many good stories out there to read rather than waste my hard earned money on this crap. I've been doing it for 40 years. No more. No more Marvel titles at all!

(Well, maybe Punisher and Moon Knight, but that's it!)

The nerd rage is strong with this one

Armaghetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikegrier: That it is Mike. That it is. :) :) Mostly tongue-in-cheek, but still. Marvel was my favorite company and I just cannot read them any more. I hope they change things. Maybe a reboot would be nice.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By kidchipotle

This might just be issue of the year. I understand The Bad section and the concerns but as of right now Peter is back and is seemingly immortal and that makes me so happy. If only the Ultimate Universe wasn't such a sh!tty place right now things could have gone back to being awesome.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

of course he's back. He'll get his own book also. This one is titled Miles Morales. doesn't that indicate to you readers anything. If Peter is back, and he gets his own title, you can not have 2 titles named Ultimate Spider-man. So...........................Miles Morales USM. Just look at it.

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. This series is 10 times better than whatever is happening in Amazing Spider-Man. I hope they stick with Miles because he is something new and refreshing. I wouldn't mind Peter being kept in the background in case there is a huge problem that calls for two Spider-Men but leave the Ultimate Universe with Miles at the forefront. The immortal thing is kinda cool but i doubt Osborn (Maybe Peter?) is actually immortal. Maybe extremely durable but not unkillable even though Osborn said he was immortal himself.

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also i feel like this issue was a high point for Miles and not what the cover seems to imply

MikeGrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armaghetto: I agree it sucks that they're cancelling Superior Foes, but the fact is that the book just wasn't selling. Thats more of a comment on readers for not realizing how awesome that book was than it is on Marvel. From what I heard, it actually would have been cancelled earlier, but the publishers backed the book and kept it going because they recognized its quality.

I was also very annoyed when they introduced fem-Thor, but you can't deny that the first issue was really good and that there's a lot of potential in this story. I for one have faith in Jason Aaron to pull it off, and then everything will go back to normal and the odinson will be Thor again.

As far as this series goes, I really cant see what it is you're not enjoying. The whole "clone or not a clone" thing is a little irritating, but thats just Bendis' thing, he always makes you wait a little longer than you'd like to get answers. Other than that it's an awesome book with awesome art and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Marvel is certainly making some weird marketing choices, but the quality of the books is still there in spades. Thats my opinion anyway.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Peter really is back, I am fine with him wanting to get away from being Spider-man since Miles covering it up. I just hope MJ would help him along the way. I mean, those 2 deserve the getaway...and I hate the recent push-aways of Peter-MJ relations on ALL things Spider-related.

Miles OWNING Osborn was a great touch. Bastard deserved it. If only they would capture him back before he goes ''Darth Vader'' on Miles though.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blackice709

they better not replace MILES!!!!

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My nicca miles man i love this kid. Still i still hope i get to see kitty pryde's reaction to pete being back if it is him.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armaghetto: come on lady Thor has got only one issue. Too soon to judge. But marvel sucks canceling superior foes which is it's best book right now

Armaghetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Armaghetto

@mikegrier: Well said. Jason Aaron WILL keep me coming back. Who am I kidding. I can't resist him, Snyder, Pak and Remender. Thanks for you opinion!

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

of course he's back. He'll get his own book also. This one is titled Miles Morales. doesn't that indicate to you readers anything. If Peter is back, and he gets his own title, you can not have 2 titles named Ultimate Spider-man. So...........................Miles Morales USM. Just look at it.

They already have another title called Ultimate Spider-man. It's the one based off the cartoon series. I figure calling this one Miles Morales helps people know it's not the cartoon one.

angelskyocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, remember how after returning from the ultimate universe in the Spider-Men mini-series, Earth-616 Peter was shocked when he googled Miles? Could that have something to do with Miles's father's yet to be revealed alias and why it apparently has something to do with Spider-Man on some level?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.