Miles a TBBT fan ? (Plus references in comic books)

#1 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey everyone, I have something nice to share with you you may have not seen in yesterday's UC:SM #15 :)

I hid the caption, so there would not be any spoiler

Miles t-shirt says "Wesley Crushers", and it's a reference to The Big Bang Theory when Sheldon makes t-shirts for a bowling contest against Wil Wheaton (who played Wesley Crusher), so they would Crush Wesley.

I love seeing such references in comic books ! Like writers/artists want to show their love for something, and I love it. Earlier in this same issue, Ganke says "Tenacious D !", it made me smile so much !

How do you like it ? What is your favorite reference you saw in a book ?

#2 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump ?

#3 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vermoot: Marquez and Pichelli are extremely talented and skilled artists. I love seeing how they insert their likes into the scenery of Ultimate Spider-man. That's one of the reasons that I like this book SO much.

#4 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty cool...

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33059 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: Yes, it really adds something to the book. I guess artists should do this more often :)

@guttridgeb: Ain't it ?

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14702 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

LOL

#8 Posted by Jawshco (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Have they ever said why Miles has the last name of "Morales," when his father is African-American and his mother is Puerto Rican? It's a Spanish last name. Is Jefferson also part Hispanic?

#9 Posted by Captain13 (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jawshco said:

Have they ever said why Miles has the last name of "Morales," when his father is African-American and his mother is Puerto Rican? It's a Spanish last name. Is Jefferson also part Hispanic?

Jefferson's last name is Davis. His brother's name is Aaron Davis. That means Miles could have been Miles Davis--an homage to the musician. But it looks like his parents are feminists, and they decided to give Miles his mother's name. It happens all the time. Maybe his father doesn't like his last name? Why do you care so much?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.