Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1193 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

Marvel announce Miles Morales is permanently moving to 616?!

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Edited By flazam

Fans who have been keeping up with Marvel comics post-"Age of Ultron" and the current "Hunger" storylines know that things aren't looking to great for the future of Marvel's Ultimate Universe. With Marvel's just released November 2013 solicitations (via CBR), it would seem that things are wrapping up there and some characters might jump ship to the regular "616" universe, namely Miles Morales the Ultimate Spider-Man.

Starting in November, the regular "Ultimate" titles will be replaced with new limited series bearing the heading "Cataclysm," and it is in the solicitation for "CATACLYSM: THE ULTIMATES LAST STAND #2" that we get this juicy tease: MILES MORALES is headed to the Marvel Universe.

After Miles met up with Peter Parker in the Ultimate Universe in 2012's Spider-Men, fans have been wondering when Miles would be appearing in the regular universe. That time has come it appears, and it looks like it will be a permanent move.

In a Inhumanity Teaser they released this picture

No Caption Provided

Could that Spiderman in this picture be Miles?!,Cause Superior Spiderman will still exist.

Bleeding Cool has also pointed out that Miles might be making his debut in a "regular" Marvel title sooner rather than later, as the solicitation for Mighty Avengers #3 reads: A plague of demons is raging through Manhattan, and the only Avenger who can defeat them is… Spider Hero? What? Seriously, who is that guy?

What do you think of the news? How will Miles adjust to the regular Marvel universe? Sound off below!

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The problem with the theory is the Spider Hero in Mighty Avengers has appeared before Cataclysm has happened (and this guy I believe will later become Ronin). And that Monica Rambeau has some knowledge on who he really is. And that this Spider Hero doesn't have Spider powers, and is clearly older and bigger than Miles.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#3  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

Great post and if the Ultimate series is really coming to an end this is something I'd like. It was already teased after Spider-Men that Miles may make a trip anyway. Also what does that mean for the Miles of 616 as it was revealed that there is one as Peter looked him up on the internet and was shocked.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

God I hope not.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe it, it is Marvel after all...

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that Wolverine costume

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By danhimself

none of this is confirmed

1. according to solicits Miles comes to the 616 on purpose to find a way to defeat Galactus...which kind of hints that he'll probably go back as well

2. "Spider-hero" has no actual spider powers and only puts on that costume because Monica threw it to him...he's actually been seen fighting with nuchucks and it's heavily hinted that he'll become the next Ronin...plus Monica knows him...she doesn't know Miles

Marvel has NOT announced that he's moving to the 616 permanently and Bendis has actually posted that he's upset that people are jumping to the conclusion that the Ultimate Universe is ending because they don't know what is going to happen and are only spreading rumors

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prepare to be forgotten about, Miles.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By kidchipotle

none of this is confirmed

1. according to solicits Miles comes to the 616 on purpose to find a way to defeat Galactus...which kind of hints that he'll probably go back as well

2. "Spider-hero" has no actual spider powers and only puts on that costume because Monica threw it to him...he's actually been seen fighting with nuchucks and it's heavily hinted that he'll become the next Ronin...plus Monica knows him...she doesn't know Miles

Marvel has NOT announced that he's moving to the 616 permanently and Bendis has actually posted that he's upset that people are jumping to the conclusion that the Ultimate Universe is ending because they don't know what is going to happen and are only spreading rumors

This!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Reading this just makes the mystery of what Peter read on his laptop about 616 miles was all about. Maybe marvel should consider giving us that before bringing UM miles here. But I'm okay with this. They took away scarlet spiderman so an alternative to superior is all but good for me.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam: Its not Miles. I'm pretty sure I know who it is.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: Miguel O'Hara (Spider-man 2099) he's currently living in the 616-verse after Superior Spider-man issue 19.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The destruction of the Ultimate Universe is something Marvel shouldn't have even thought of.Miles is good only in the Ultimate universe.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I highly doubt this considering Miguel's induction into the 616 continuity for the forseeable future after creating a new identity to watch over his corrupt grandfather.

To be honest though, I LOVE the character of Miles and I'd find it interesting if he interacted with the 616 Universe a bit and possibly help uncover the truth behind Superior. It would be one heck of a story!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I highly doubt this considering Miguel's induction into the 616 continuity for the forseeable future after creating a new identity to watch over his corrupt grandfather.

To be honest though, I LOVE the character of Miles and I'd find it interesting if he interacted with the 616 Universe a bit and possibly help uncover the truth behind Superior. It would be one heck of a story!

The problem Marvel has though is deciding what to do with Miles. I've gone from disliking the character to being ambivalent about him so I can't say how good of a character he is but I hear he's very popular beyond the whole "token racial minority character for diversity purposes." If Marvel are streamlining the Ultimate Universe out of existence, they wouldn't risk losing a new contingent of fans who adore Miles as Spider-Man. It'd be an interesting possibility to see him in the 616 universe if the Ultimate Universe goes up in smoke.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided

Funkypanda123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think blue marvel will is spiderhero

_Urban_Legend_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait said:

Would be cool to see this:

No Caption Provided

Indeed.

_Urban_Legend_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _Urban_Legend_

If miles goes to 616 he shouldn't be spiderman. That's Peter's zone.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By impossibilly
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Bleeding Cool ran a story recently revealing the Spider Hero from Mighty Avengers to be Blade.

weird

Magmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch if this happens Miles is going to be the only person to know there's something off about Spock Peter Parker.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Top Right hand corner: a second spiderman wearing Miles costume.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novemberx2: Looks like that could be the Scarlet Spider (Kane).

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lolz! So shocked... I never noticed that... Kind leaves the idea for a lot of possibilities... Miles and Jimmy Hudson should really switch to 616... And I hope the make the thing about muntants being a wrong experiment a scheme of a villain... And then they can get rid of the ultimateU... Plus I think if Jimmy were thought of as wolverine, it would piss-off Daken... Like it when he is pissed...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.