Could "Miles Morales" actually be a clone of Ultimate Ben Reilly?

#1 Posted by RichIII (10 posts) - - Show Bio

The last time we saw the Ultimate Ben Reilly, he was still with the CIA surrounded by Doc Ock's cloning technology. Is it a stretch to say that Ben could have mixed his DNA with one of the Peter Parker samples, created a clone of himself, send it to Madame Web (as he was going to do with "Jessica Drew" the female Spider-Clone) giving it a new name (Miles Morales) and fake memories, and sending him to Brooklyn to live with one of their covert agents to be his surrogate mother of sorts and report on his progress, so the CIA can have their own Super-Soldier like they wanted in Ultimate Spider-Man 103-104?  

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7956 posts) - - Show Bio

Clutching at straws at this point I think, if it doesn't work however this might become more of an option.

#3 Posted by iLLituracy (13494 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds dumb.

#4 Posted by Samimista (21016 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything can happen in the comics though I doubt it.

#5 Posted by Dernman (15706 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a good chance that Miles got his powers from Reed.

#6 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

highly doubt it, maybe therell be a fine line connection, but it seems he got his powers from the bite, that could have effected anybody. afterall issue 1 was osborn working with morales's father in a lab on spiders. Id say they want this nw spidey to be outside of the shadow of the original, which is why theyre starting off showing who he is in comparison to spidey then showing what he would do in his own way until eventually around like issues 10-15 we see a whole nother character when we se the spidey uniform in ultimate world.

now, I maybe contradicting myself by saying the possibility of him being realted to parker is possible, due to the fact that he handles it at first in a somewhat similair way, the original spider, decided to take up wrestling for personal gain and miles was first faced with a dangerous situation an leapt into action. i have no doubt had that robber ran into miles ben wouldve lived though. but in both cases we see spidey doesnt want to be spidey. we also know miles like peter is gifted intellect wise and was accpted into a high end school like peter of 616 with horizon labs. fine lines make a big web so who knows.

now, i have a feeling his life is being orchestrated by osborn. the fire? set before miles took his everyday walk by goblin osborn. acceptance to the school? osborn needs an eye on him or he needs his/miless' dad's brain.why would osborn do it? TBC :P

#7 Posted by blur1528 (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

@RichIII said:

The last time we saw the Ultimate Ben Reilly, he was still with the CIA surrounded by Doc Ock's cloning technology. Is it a stretch to say that Ben could have mixed his DNA with one of the Peter Parker samples, created a clone of himself, send it to Madame Web (as he was going to do with "Jessica Drew" the female Spider-Clone) giving it a new name (Miles Morales) and fake memories, and sending him to Brooklyn to live with one of their covert agents to be his surrogate mother of sorts and report on his progress, so the CIA can have their own Super-Soldier like they wanted in Ultimate Spider-Man 103-104?

I love how complex this had to get for it to be plausible. Sadly for you it doesn't seem too likely.

#8 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole point of having a new Spider-Man was to shake off some of the shackles of the 100+ issues of continuity that USM had accumulated and attract new readers.

Such an elaborate callback would only serve to alienate the exact audience they're chasing. That's what the traditional Spider-Man issues are for, the Ultimate line needs to be less encumbered.

#9 Posted by VampireSelektor (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Why waste energy for such little payoff?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.