Mike Allred respect thread

#1 Posted by inferiorego (27697 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm not a fan of respect threads, especially when it's for a fictional character. But, Mike Allred's work is fun and original. Times like these, I get sick of seeing every Jim Lee rip-off make their way into books, it's guys like this, Mike Mignola, and Darwyn Cooke that make me love artwork in comics today. Examples below.

caption

caption

#2 Posted by Tenjin (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOOOOO!!!!!!

I thought it was Alucard the Manga character :PPPP

no but he is o.k

#3 Posted by inferiorego (27697 posts) - - Show Bio
Tenjin said:
"BOOOOOO!!!!!!

I thought it was Alucard the Manga character :PPPP

no but he is o.k"
you anime kids always try and trick me.... you're a crafty species....
#4 Posted by Tenjin (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

OMFG LOL

No it is just so easy to trick teachers......

seriously he is o.k my fav is Micheal Turner (R.I.P)

#5 Posted by inferiorego (27697 posts) - - Show Bio
Tenjin said:
"OMFG LOL

seriously he is o.k my fav is Micheal Turner (R.I.P)"
Turner's figures, towards the end of his career, really began to suck. Disproportionate as all hell. His  work was pretty good prior to that, but it's guys like Allred, Mignola, and Cooke that really push the industry forward.
#6 Posted by Tenjin (1604 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Tenjin said:
"OMFG LOL

seriously he is o.k my fav is Micheal Turner (R.I.P)"
Turner's figures, towards the end of his career, really began to suck. Disproportionate as all hell. His  work was pretty good prior to that, but it's guys like Allred, Mignola, and Cooke that really push the industry forward."

Ya the later witchblade wasn't really on par with the beginning of the series.

word.
#7 Posted by G-Man (37627 posts) - - Show Bio

Mike Allred is my all time favorite.  I can't explain it.  It was because of him I decided to get a tattoo six years ago.

Here's the interview I did with him back in April.
Staff Online
#8 Posted by inferiorego (27697 posts) - - Show Bio
G~man said:
"Mike Allred is my all time favorite.  I can't explain it.  It was because of him I decided to get a tattoo six years ago.

Here's the interview I did with him back in April."
You're so happy
#9 Posted by G-Man (37627 posts) - - Show Bio

That's right.

The funny thing is I have a patch of the logo.  I have a picture hanging on the wall in my office of it resting on my daughter's chest (when she was like four months old).  Just up until recently, she thought I really put the logo on her.

Staff Online
#10 Posted by inferiorego (27697 posts) - - Show Bio
G~man said:
"That's right.

The funny thing is I have a patch of the logo.  I have a picture hanging on the wall in my office of it resting on my daughter's chest (when she was like four months old).  Just up until recently, she thought I really put the logo on her."
lol
#11 Posted by G-Man (37627 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff Online
#13 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Allred is all kinds of cool !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.