cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    #DateWelcome to WUBI # 69:Choose Your View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    6911/30/10Mighty Mouse(Blog) (Forum)Mighty Mouse (1990)(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:Mighty Mouse.
    Alternate Title:
    1. Marvel Tales Starring Mighty Mouse
    2. Marvel Tails Starring Mighty Mouse
    Collecting 10+ Issues:
    • Mighty Mouse #1-10
    • Marvel Age #92
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: Mighty Mouse #1
    TPB Cover: Mighty Mouse #1

As a licensed character, I really wish someone would pick Mighty Mouse up again. I read this Mighty Mouse series as it was coming out, and absolutely loved it. I think it was smart, funny, and I loved the various animal and vegetable versions of characters they came up with, like Gourdian (for Gladiator), Samor the Sub-Plotter (Namor the Sub-Mariner) and David Udderman (David Letterman). It included parodies of a few famous covers, and a two-issue Crisis on Infinite Earths spoof called "Mices on Infinite Earths," where we got to see alternate Earth versions of Mighty Mouse, in Mighty Mousette and Mangy Mouse. I have the single issues of this series, but would love to see it re-released in TPB, just to make it available to today's readers. I would include the Mighty Mouse article from Marvel Age #92, just because I like to go back and read the initial thoughts of the creators involved, when the series was new.

For the title, I went with just Mighty Mouse, because that was the title of the series, but there have been a few series with that title, so for a TPB, they might want to specify that it's the Marvel series with Marvel Tales Starring Mighty Mouse, or play off of the original Spider-Ham appearance, and call it Marvel Tails Starring Mighty Mouse (how come MM and Spider-Ham never met?).

For the cover, I'd use #4, because that's my favorite, but honestly, the #1 cover, parodying The Dark Knight Returns, would probably be a better choice. Maybe #4 could be the back cover?.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop
    Mighty Mouse
    Mighty Mouse

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.