WHo can take the Midnighter

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

Fighting styles don't matter, he still knows what Taskmaster will do. And how exactly could Taskmaster hurt him even if Midnighter allowed him to land a hit? Jukko (Team Achilles), an SPB that was a great fighter and much stronger stronger than Taskmaster and also had years of practice dealing with pain (uncontrollable super empathy) still hurt himself when he hit Midnighter. And Killer might be a great shot but Midnighter could dodge, block or take the bullets. He could also put a shuriken into Wesley's neck and end it there.

#52 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Fighting styles don't matter, he still knows what Taskmaster will do. And how exactly could Taskmaster hurt him even if Midnighter allowed him to land a hit? Jukko (Team Achilles), an SPB that was a great fighter and much stronger stronger than Taskmaster and also had years of practice dealing with pain (uncontrollable super empathy) still hurt himself when he hit Midnighter. And Killer might be a great shot but Midnighter could dodge, block or take the bullets. He could also put a shuriken into Wesley's neck and end it there.
"
Alright, I'm gonna try to make a rag tag case here since I'm freaking bored......

Now like I said before, Taskmaster loves mixing his styles (From what I've seen), I know Midnighters implants allow him to know billions of possibilities but my question is has Midnighter ever dealt with someone who knows how to mix up styles like Task? Ok, I'll give you the thing about Jukko, True, He is way stronger then TM but he did'nt have Photographic reflexes nor did he have the kind of equipment that Task has got. Heh, Task is liable to pull out a Captain A. style shield hurl it at M's head and web up his feet with Replica's of Spidey's web shooters while sending a punch like a kick boxer.

(Don't take me as a fan-boy when I say that)

Now, Here's a way the fight could go....IF Task has prep, By prep I mean, Task getting to read all of M's comics.

All he has to do, Is find a news station where Midnighter's husband (Forgot his name. Is it Apollo or Ares? Something like that?) speaks and he automatically copy that voice within a few hours. Task go's down a dark alley way, yells out "Midnighter?" In Apollo's voice and M go's rushing.

Kindof a sneak attack thing, I don't think Task has done that in the comics but I still view it as a chance.

Now about Wesley? Since when does M have Shurikens? and since when is he bullet proof?
#53 Edited by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't the place for cases. If you want to talk about the actual fight. Take it to a battle thread (and there are already two for Taskmaster, use the search function). The answer is still going to be Midnighter though.

And he's always had shuriken and he's not bullet proof. When I said block, I meant with his staff. He can take bullets though, durability and healing factor mean they won't do much damage.

#54 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Alexander Anderson said:

"

Midnighter can be beaten by:

Anyone who's too fast for him to react to. It doesn't matter if you can see your opponent's next move if your body isn't fast enough to counter it.

Anyone who's too tough for him to effect, like Hulk or Juggernaut.

Anyone who can mess with his implants, like telepaths and technokinetics.

Obviously, you have to be intelligent and competent to beat him as well.

"

That seems about right.

#55 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mandarin or Popeye.

#56 Posted by RealityWarper (4262 posts) - - Show Bio

Kenshiro from FOTNS would make a good figth. :)

Both are more than street level figthers, have acute senses, incredible superhuman attributes and fighting abilities.

#57 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a better question would be: who has a chance to beat Midnighter but also has a chance to lose? The problem I see with a lot of Midnighter fights is that either he wins or he doesn't, due to the nature of his power "chance" really doesn't factor in his fights so it's usually a curbstomp in Midnighter's or his opponent's favor, never an even match. So who do think could battle Midnighter 10 times yet not lose all 10 times, neither win all 10 times?

#58 Edited by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a list of potentials candidates who I think could give Midnighter a run for his money:

• Kenshiro, (Fist of the North Star)
  • Sage (X-Men)
  • Stacy X (X-Men)
  • Karnak [ Inhumans (if he's witten to the best of his potential)]
  • The Killer [Wanted (Remember his power is to kill)]
  • The Champion of the Universe [MU (If written to his full potential)]
  • Daken (Wolverine Origins)
  • Mantis (MU)
  • Gamora (Infinity Watch)
  • Yujiro Hanma, Bisquit Oliva, and Pikuru/ Pickle (Baki the Grappler manga series)
  • Mister X (Wolverine villain)
  • Remo Williams and Chuin (The Destroyer series)
  • Karate Kid (Legion of Super-Heroes)
  • Ominae Yu or Oboro (Spriggan/Striker)
  • Akuma , Gen, and Oro (Street Fighter II)
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)
#59 Posted by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio
Omega-level Supreme said:
"Here is a list of potentials candidates who I think could give Midnighter a run for his money:
  • Kenshiro, (Fist of the North Star)
  • Sage (X-Men)
  • Stacy X (X-Men)
  • Karnak [ Inhumans (if he's witten to the best of his potential)]
  • The Killer [Wanted (Remember his power is to kill)]
  • The Champion of the Universe [MU (If written to his full potential)]
  • Daken (Wolverine Origins)
  • Mantis (MU)
  • Gamora (Infinity Watch)
  • Yujiro Hanma, Bisquit Oliva, and Pikuru/ Pickle (Baki the Grappler manga series)
  • Mister X (Wolverine villain)
  • Remo Williams and Chuin (The Destroyer series)
  • Karate Kid (Legion of Super-Heroes)
  • Ominae Yu or Oboro (Spriggan/Striker)
  • Akuma , Gen, and Oro (Street Fighter II)
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)
"
Bump.
#60 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Kenshiro, (Fist of the North Star) - Don't know anything about this clown.
  • Sage (X-Men) - Nah
  • Stacy X (X-Men) - Nope
  • Karnak [ Inhumans (if he's witten to the best of his potential)] - Don't see why, especially if Midnighter also gets written to the best of his potential.
  • The Killer [Wanted (Remember his power is to kill)] - No
  • The Champion of the Universe [MU (If written to his full potential)] -duh
  • Daken (Wolverine Origins) - no
  • Mantis (MU) - Most likely
  • Gamora (Infinity Watch) - Maybe, but I think no.
  • Yujiro Hanma, Bisquit Oliva, and Pikuru/ Pickle (Baki the Grappler manga series) -More manga I don't know about.
  • Mister X (Wolverine villain) - No 
  • Remo Williams and Chuin (The Destroyer series) - dunno these people
  • Karate Kid (Legion of Super-Heroes) - no, there was a thread about this
  • Ominae Yu or Oboro (Spriggan/Striker) - ?
  • Akuma , Gen, and Oro (Street Fighter II) - ?
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) - no
#61 Posted by King Saturn (225186 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Kenshiro maybe able to take down Midnighter... but it wont be easy. Kenshiro's Hoto Shieken technique isnt like a ordinary fighting technique since it grants him super strength, speed, and some level of energy manipulation and flight... and depending on what version of Ken we use against Midnighter matters too... since Ken seemed to be able to do more in the FOTNS films... than what he could do on the TV show... but Midnighter maybe able to end this fight quick if he uses the Door on The Man with Seven Scars
#62 Edited by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"
  • Kenshiro, (Fist of the North Star) - Don't know anything about this clown.
  • Sage (X-Men) - Nah
  • Stacy X (X-Men) - Nope
  • Karnak [ Inhumans (if he's witten to the best of his potential)] - Don't see why, especially if Midnighter also gets written to the best of his potential.
  • The Champion of the Universe [MU (If written to his full potential)] -duh
  • Mantis (MU) - Most likely
  • Yujiro Hanma, Bisquit Oliva, and Pikuru/ Pickle (Baki the Grappler manga series) -More manga I don't know about.
  • Remo Williams and Chuin (The Destroyer series) - dunno these people
  • Ominae Yu or Oboro (Spriggan/Striker) - ?
  • Akuma , Gen, and Oro (Street Fighter II) - ?
"

Darn it Buckshot, you gave me little to rebutt. I'll remove everyone you agreed with and don't know from my list.

• Sage (X-Men) - Nah

Why not, her mental talents may rival his own.

• Stacy X (X-Men) - Nope

Why not (you may be correct, evenso)

Karnak has demonstrated more than just the ability to locate and strike a person(s) weak points, he can also see the flaw in an opponents strategy. As for your point, when isn't Midnighter written to his best of his potential?

Forget that crap you've seen in the movies or his limited bio on wikipedia, it was stated within the comic he's power is to kill. He even got F@#kwit.

Just going off Origin here, he defeated Wolverine and Dead Pool, plus Cyber conceded Daken's superiority over him. He has this ability to be where his opponents aren't looking.

To be honest I'm not too sure about this one either.

http://www.onemanga.com/Baki_-_Son_of_Ogre/ . Please do your homework before you come to class. LOL.  Just kidding, however, that's off the list.

Certainly, unlike Midnighter who see a million scenarios per sec, this guy's see what you're actually going to do. That's almost always better than 'seeing what you might do.'

Point me to this thread please, I'd like to see the results. Thank you.

She is the perfect candidate. By technicality she's a ringer, but she show's allot of potential. From what I know about her, currently I'd give her a 4.4/10 victory chance. I think that's reasonable.
  • #63 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio
    Omega-level Supreme said:

Darn it Buckshot, you gave me little to rebutt. I'll remove everyone you don't know or agree with from my list.

• Sage (X-Men) - Nah 
  • Why not, her mental talents may rival his own. Prove it. What has she done that's the same as the things Midnighter's mind does every day. Even if her mind is a match for his, her body isn't. He's faster and stronger and could kill her with one hit.

• Stacy X (X-Men) - Nope
  • Why not (you may be correct, evenso) She has to touch him for her powers to work. He could kick her head off before she could blink. Even if she got a hand on him, he's covered in body armor and leather everywhere but his face and he'd see that attack coming long before she decided to make it.

• Karnak has demonstrated more than just the ability to locate and strike a person(s) weak points, he can also see the flaw in an opponents strategy. As for your point, when isn't Midnighter written to his best of his potential? If there's no flaw the Karnak is screwed, and judging by Black Bolt, there are things that are flawless. I think the plans Midnighter comes up with might also be. If he finds the perfect fight plan that Karnak can't work around (since it would already have taken into account his abilities) then it might as well be flawless. There are plenty of times when Midnighter is written down or just not to his full ability. If Midnighter fought this fight at his best, he'd know anything Karnak could possibly do and so even if Karnak had knowledge of a flaw, his moves to act on it wouldn't amount to anything since Midnighter would see them coming, know how they might result in him losing the fight, and counter or avoid them so he can still win. Think there was a thread on this already. Look for it, should have more detail. 

• Forget that crap you've seen in the movies or his limited bio on wikipedia, it was stated within the comic he's power is to kill. He even got F@#kwit. I read the comic. He is the one who said his power is to kill. While that seems to be backed up, it's not necessarily gospel. He's basically Bullseye. If Bullseye said his power was to kill, his track record would mostly back that statement up in the same way The Killer's is. I could even say Midnighter's power is to kill. Also, he didn't kill Fuckwit. He killed Sucker with Fuckwit's powers, and that wast through a plan that had him lose his powers at the perfect time. 

• Just going off Origin here, he defeated Wolverine and Dead Pool, plus Cyber conceded Daken's superiority over him. He has this ability to be where his opponents aren't looking. Check the Daken vs Batgirl thread for what I think of his ability. Besides that, Midnighter knows where he's going to be for the whole fight from the moment it starts, so it means even less here. As for Wolverine or Deadpool, I really don't think that's anything Midnighter couldn't do. 

• To be honest I'm not too sure about this one either.

• http://www.onemanga.com/Baki_-_Son_of_Ogre/ . Please do your homework before you come to class. LOL. No, but that's off the list. Yeah, I'm not reading that.

• Certainly, unlike Midnighter who see a million scenarios per sec, this guy's see what you're actually going to do. That's almost always better than 'seeing what you might do.' He sees what you're going to do with your next move if I recall correctly. Seeing all the moves of the whole fight is a bigger advantage. Midnighter could work it so the way X counters each individual move sets him up for something inescapable further on. Also, something that people try to toss at Midnighter, knowing something is coming doesn't always mean you can avoid it. Midnighter is superhumanly fast, strong and durable, while X is not. Midnighter has blitzed and killed speedsters before. He could take down X quickly.

• Point me to this thread please, I'd like to see the results. Thank you. Use the search.

She is the perfect candidate. By technicality she's a ringer, but she show's allot of potential. From what I know about her, currently I'd give her a 4.4/10 victory chance. I think that's reasonable. Use the Search.
    "
    #64 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio
    Hmm i wonder how this would of gone out.
    #65 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

There's another thread similar to this in which I went over the "crazy" thing. I'm locking this, the other has better discussion (and more focus).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.