Follow

Midnighter

Character » Midnighter appears in 436 issues.

Midnighter is an augmented hero with superhuman physical abilities and the power to run through thousands of fight scenarios in his head before a single punch is thrown. Although he's one of the good guys, Midnighter enjoys violence and brutality and never feels more alive than when he's in the middle of a bloody brawl.

I liked the chin spike

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I really dug Midnighters new costume (I know I'm like they only guy). Also, I get 18 issues in and BAM! All for nothing. I'm not pleased.

Boomer359

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think the new costume would have been better if it wasn't blue. The lines are nice enough, but the coloring makes him look a bit like a blue zebra in some panels. As to the chin spike, it seemed wholley impractical. I can't imagine getting stabbed in the chest/throat every time he looks down too quickly really gives him that much of a fighting advantage.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You were not the only guy. I felt the same way, and man was I mad with the end direction of StormWatch took. If they wanted to bring new members on and take a new direction, they could of collaborated months in advanced to stop this New New 52 version of StormWatch.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I think both costumes are decent, but the pre-52 one is iconic of the character. The only reason for the switch was hopefully to bring in fans of the old Stormwatch.

I agree that having 18 issues essentially retconned was a very poor decision (that was the point where I dropped the title) and will probably result in it getting cancelled soon. My only hope is that they try again with a 52 version of The Authority. I only just learned about these characters and it would be a shame for them to be sent to limbo.

@clawfist said:

If they wanted to bring new members on and take a new direction, they could of collaborated months in advanced to stop this New New 52 version of StormWatch.

I think they were hoping it would sell better. When they started to lose sales they probably decided a soft-reboot was the safest decision. Yes, it obliterated 18 issues but they were probably hoping that a new team that more closely resembled the Wildstorm imprint days would attract those old fans to the new title.

GeekMangacomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

To be honest I like the chinspike but everything else was bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.