Follow

Midnight Sons

Team » Midnight Sons appears in 73 issues.

The Midnight Sons were originally a mystic nine prophesized to fight Lilith. It has since become an unofficial designation, like The Defenders, to any temporary alliance among occult and monster superheroes.

Is it time for a new Midnight Sons series?

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By labarith

The best part about MZ4 (which I still think was a pretty awesome continuity homage...) is that it featured relatively obscure marvel monsters doing stuff. 

In light of what happened in the recent issues of X-Factor, I think there might be an "event" enough to bring this team of monsters back together again... if not this team, something enough like it. 

Since our Werewolf pal is 150% cured of his zombieism, I guess Morbius succeeded in his task.  However, rather than just see Jack run around playing Cable by himself, or worse - with other werewolves - it'd be great to see Morbius + co. join up with him to try and find out WHAT the baby is, why it's important, etc.   

Because of the baby's connection to the X-men, it'd be nice if we could get some monsterious x-characters on the team, but I can't think of anyone that'd make sense, especially after Wolfsbane went all bad mommy on us. 

Werewolf by Night... and Rahne's kid... are must-haves, I think. 
    Morbius, too, I think is tier 1 for this kind of thing - providing the scientific expertise necessary. 
    Jennifer Kale has been pretty awesome of late, I'd be all for her here... she'd also provide a valuable mystical component to answer those kind of questions. 
    Manthing... is up to his own &*$#^.  I'd love him to be summoned, MZ4 style... but having him be a main team member seems out of the question for now. 
    I can't say I'd be too keen on Son of Satan being on the team... too much baggage there I'm not up on. 
    I wouldn't mind Ketch/Ghost Rider II on the team... but think Marvel might want us to WallyWest him for some reason.    Blaze seems like he's out of the picture, too.  And this new girl... she could work, I suppose... but she's got her own ongoing. 
    If GR is out for "we only want to focus on 1 GR for now" reasons,  Vengeance might be a good alternate.  
    Blade... could be brought on, but I don't see much reason too, with Morbius playing the vampire in this crowd.

We've seen Feral as a villainous "ghost" in service to someone greater.  In theory, Wildchild and Wolfscub, among others, are "feral" mutants who are currently dead and could in theory be similarly enthralled. 

So what do you think?  Would you read a book about Wolfsbane's child being protected by the Midnight sons? 

What other villains would you like to see them fight? 

I'd love to see a group like this fight Carnage, who is back from being ripped in half in space... Carnage is more of a monster than any of these guys... I wonder what a Penance Stare would do to Carnage... or how writers could get around that. 

I'd also like to see a Marvel Zombies storyline at some point... or some other ARMOR-stories.  Ash did fight some Marvel werewolves...  

And, being a Frankencastle fan, I wouldn't mind some timetravely dealy where a new version of him comes from the future, sent by morbius, to do something or other.

Avatar image for giantsizemanthing
    GiantsizeManThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GiantsizeManThing

YES, I need my man thing.

Avatar image for giantsizemanthing
    GiantsizeManThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GiantsizeManThing

that came out wrong.

MastaKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MastaKilla
    @GiantsizeManThing said:
    YES, I need my man thing.

that's hilarious!

as long as it's better as the 90's midnight sons then i wouldn't have a problem with it..
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't know if it will do very well but I wouldn't mind seeing a miniseries for the Midnight Sons.

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By labarith

The key, especially at this point, is to copy X-men's winning strategy.  Heck, w/ the recent Frankencastle arc, this is unquestionably what Marvel did... going so far as to put the hunted monsters in the morlock tunnels. 

I'm not saying Wolfsbane's child is gonna be the Monster savior, but it'd be interesting to see mystic and man-made monsters working side-by-sde to thwart an uncoming mystic war.  In fact, in all of this event-frenzy I'm really disappointed we haven't heard about such a thing.  Having just read Messiah Complex again recently, I think it'd be a great opportunity to go Annihalation War on us - give us a 5 issue miniseries, coupled with various 4 issue monster tie-ins.  Let Journey Into Mystery get in on the action (assuming it's still Loki's book), let Ghost Rider get in on it, and - hell - let Punisher get in on it in his own book... or, as I said above, a future Franken-Castle... 

Heck NOW NOW is the proper time, anyway, as the series could reach its stride around October.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @labarith said:
    The key, especially at this point, is to copy X-men's winning strategy.  Heck, w/ the recent Frankencastle arc, this is unquestionably what Marvel did... going so far as to put the hunted monsters in the morlock tunnels.  I'm not saying Wolfsbane's child is gonna be the Monster savior, but it'd be interesting to see mystic and man-made monsters working side-by-sde to thwart an uncoming mystic war.  In fact, in all of this event-frenzy I'm really disappointed we haven't heard about such a thing.  Having just read Messiah Complex again recently, I think it'd be a great opportunity to go Annihalation War on us - give us a 5 issue miniseries, coupled with various 4 issue monster tie-ins.  Let Journey Into Mystery get in on the action (assuming it's still Loki's book), let Ghost Rider get in on it, and - hell - let Punisher get in on it in his own book... or, as I said above, a future Franken-Castle...  Heck NOW NOW is the proper time, anyway, as the series could reach its stride around October.
    You know the Punisher isn't Frankcastle anymore right?
    Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Sheep-Kill

If Midnight Sons is going to be a series this is what has to happen:

If we remember from Midnight Son's Unlimited, Lilith had a kid with Zarathos. LEts say that demon kid was born and became this super powerful force. In this case lets call this demon son NICO.

So Nico takes over all of Central and South America with his powers and new group of Lilin which also includes Blackout and Meat Market.

Frank Drake comes out of his funk and suits up with new gear and assembles a new more powerful version of the Midnight Sons consisting of the recent line up and new members to defeat this new foe.

The team consists of:

Frank Drake: Leader of new line up.

Morbius: Leader of current line up.

Members:

Current: Man-thing, Jennifer Kale, Werewolf, Hellstorm

New Members: Straw Man, Terror Inc, Omen, Cadaver

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Isn't Legion Of Monsters close enough?

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By CATPANEXE

Legion Of Monsters looks sort of like a renamed Midnight Sons to me. I haven't read the book though, it seemed to be doing poorly and I wasn't sure whether to invest in it.

avenger693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

#11  Edited By avenger693

I f they ever have a series they should add Satana and Ghost to the team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.