Follow

Mickey Mouse

Character » Mickey Mouse appears in 13801 issues.

Mickey Mouse is arguably the most famous and well-known cartoon character ever. Though not as rambunctious and mischievous as he once was, this iconic character remains a symbol of goodwill, kindness, friendship, and imagination.

Disney to Buy Lucasfilm

• 178 results
    Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Batnandez

@Decept-O: The announcement said it's live action and it will supposedly be an original story. I'm hoping that get Nolan or Peter Jackson to do this.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#152  Edited By Decept-O

@Batnandez: I must have missed the info. Thanks for filling me in I appreciate it. I should pay closer attention. I'd be pumped for Peter Jackson to be involved! That's a good idea!

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#153  Edited By SavageDragon

Awesome.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By LaserLambert

@danhimself: well his complaints are dumb, but no you can't watch them whenever you want. because they have been edited into trash by Lucas in the "special editions" and bluray releases.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

All I can say learning about this really...my reaction is this song. As for a new movie...this can be either really good or really bad. I hope that Dark Horse continues to have the SW titles it does. I'm just blown away really :/

KomicKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By KomicKev

I think everyone needs to chill out and calm down. If you're that pissed off at George Lucas, Disney, or whomever, then don't go see the next movie. There are a lot of choices out there these days for any and all fanboy or girl. Here's a bit more news for those that are interested:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=771595&affid=100055

For me, I'm curious as to if (or how) they'll continue the stories of Luke, Leia, and Han. Will they be able to get the original actors back for at least the next movie (none of them are spring chickens any longer you know!)? If not, will they recast them? Darth Vader and Yoda are dead - - will they live on in "The Force" world (ghosts)? Personally, I'm excited about these next movies. I'm not getting any younger either and I'm excited to see a fresh take on Star Wars, just like I was excited about the new Star Trek movie a couple years back.

DeusVult

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By DeusVult

Great God almighty, what is happening to the world? That said this sounds awesome!!!

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#158  Edited By jumpstart55

I cant stop jumping for joy!!!!!!

These movies are going to be awesome!!!!

wowylied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By wowylied

Does this mean more money for marvel movie but less and less for comics ?

Because since disney bought marvel we really did not have the best marvel era...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#160  Edited By Lvenger

Episode 7? The possibility of seeing life after Return of the Jedi a la Dark Horse comic style? I'm not sure how I feel about this.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By doombot890

With all this talk of a new star wars movie in 2015 i almost forgot about warner and dc and their shitty attempt to be relevant with a justice league movie...oh well Warner Bro maybe you can delay it again

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#162  Edited By BumpyBoo

@Omega Ray Jay said:

When I read this I thought I having a heart attack, I really don't like the idea of disney owning everything I love.

Damn right.

bsavelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By bsavelli

The Star Wars universe goes waaay beyond that witch was created by George Lucas (all due respect to The Man), and that's something every fan should know about. I mean, this ever expanding universe is one of the things that actually makes Star Wars great! There are stories that I would really love to see in the big screen. Imagine how awesome a KOTOR movie set during the Mandalorian Wars would be!

I'm not a fan of monopolies, but my point is: Disney has always done pretty amazing things, and, as long as they know how to deal with this new "power" they have, and keep expanding the universe without unnecessary bureaucratic bullshit, I'm cool...

P.S.: STAR WARS ON KINGDOM HEARTS!

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ThomasElliot

Not sure how anyone can be mad at Disney after Avengers. Avengers is all the proof you need that they know what they are doing. if you HATE the Avengers movie(s), then you're in a minority.

BUT... this isn't such great news because its Disney... this is great news because old-ass George Lucas with his shitty stale ideas that holds current Star Wars back is OUT OF THE WAY. Look at the comics, the games, the novels... there is a PLETHORA of great SW tales and stories out there... the crappiest thing from Star Wars came from LUCAS himself, when he had mountains of great material right under him. Why?

Now the door is open... GOOD directors... GOOD writers... just like the Marvel flicks.

And I'm sure someone has had to have mentioned this already... but Pixar + Star Wars? That alone is causation for celebration.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#165  Edited By joshmightbe

@GothamRed said:

Now we get to see star wars fanboys over react just like the Marvel fanboys did when Disney acquired them. And let's see after Disney acquired Marvel we got A) the third or fourth highest grossing movie franchise ever with the MCU B) A good number of the best comic titles Marvel has produced in years. Now not saying Disney was involved with at least the latter, but the general point I'm making is:

Disney: 1

Nay-saying Fanboys: 0

Star Wars is in good hands.

We also got AVX but that was more the logical conclusion to a downward spiral Marvel has been in since they put Joe Quesada in charge than anything Disney did.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#166  Edited By GothamRed

@joshmightbe: That's just one event among many, and it's poor execution seemed more due to a lack of clear communication about what was going to happen than anything else, and that doesn't undo the successes marvel has had recently with Hawkeye, Daredevil and Wolverine and the X-Men (which was skill great even in AvX crossovers). There really hasn't been a definitive low point cause there's never really been a point where Marvel was producing no good or decent material.

Michiel76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#167  Edited By Michiel76
    @BumpyBoo said:

@Omega Ray Jay said:

When I read this I thought I having a heart attack, I really don't like the idea of disney owning everything I love.

Damn right.

Could be worse, they could have been bought by EA
    Actually i'm pretty happy it's disney, and i'm hopeful star wars will be a mayor franchise again. I mean if James Bond can have 23 movies, surely SW could have a few more? And 50% of the current movies were not that great.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By joshmightbe

@GothamRed: I didn't say that Marvel was bad in general its just the "Event" comics that are getting progressively worse. I don't doubt they sell well but as with anything else monetary success does not equal quality.

Avatar image for the_avenging_angel
    The Avenging Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's official; Disney really IS The Evil Empire!! Hmm....I guess that makes Warner Brothers the Rebel Alliance/Jedi Order.

Avatar image for dadarkknight36310
    dadarkknight36310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can we get a WB/DC vs Disney Marvel lol

Looney Tunes vs Mickey and Friends

DCU vs Marvel U

Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars

Matrix vs Tron

Cartoon Network vs Disney XD

Harry Potter vs Fantasia

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#171  Edited By GothamRed

@joshmightbe: true, but marvel has proven it can provide both quality and monetary success, especially with its films. Like I said though it's just one event and it reflects more a lack of focus than a lack of quality, IMO. Other marvel events recently haven't been bad, like Spider-Men, and if they have hit a low point with them then the logical next step would be upward, so who knows.

The general point I was getting at was that Disney itself hasn't affected Marvel negatively, and we have in fact seen really good things come out of Marvel since then. With good their always comes bad, it's just a point of balancing them that determines how successful something is, and at least to me Marvel's good in various fields makes up for their short-comings so it is an overall success both financially and qualitatively. So I have high hopes for the Star Wars franchise under Disney's wing.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By joshmightbe

@GothamRed: I know Disney hasn't affected them negatively just pointing out that the things fans have complained the most about are things that were totally Marvel's fault, so far Disney has kept its word about letting Marvel do their own thing. Fortunately there are still some writers and editors there who can sneak some actual quality work past Quesada and his cronies.

DarthLydia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#173  Edited By DarthLydia

My STAR WARS! SHE LIVES!

Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Amazingoctus

@dadarkknight36310 said:

@Amazingoctus:

Disney have not done Marvel any good yet. To me they inherited Avengers from Paramount . It was Paramount studios that laid down the foundation for the avengers not Disney. Disney just took credit, we will see how phase two turns outs since disney is now in control of the Marvel movies.

@Spideycap: Disney don't let bad movies come out under their name, what about the last two Pirates films, the Brvae, Car 2, National Treasure, and that mars movies they put out.

It's an opinion matter

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By TheCowman

If we can get a proper DVD re-release of the un-specialed original three movies, then it will all be worth it.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#176  Edited By Stormbox

Wow this is huge, i dont know what to make out of this

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#177  Edited By TDK_1997

We are going to get another Star Wars movie.

TheRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By TheRobin

@davelecave: Hahahaha Same Here, They Better Not Ruin It Though, I Am Having Big Expectations For This.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.