Follow

Michael Myers

Character » Michael Myers appears in 31 issues.

A seemingly normal American boy, Michael Myers picks up a knife at the age of 6 and systematically butchers his older sister Judith in pure malice. Years later, he escapes an asylum to kill and hunt down anyone connected to him, including his little sister Laurie Strode.

Carpenter's verison vs Rob Zombie's

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MichonneHack27

Which do you prefer the most? I have to say all in all I prefer John Carpenter's verison. There was rare explanation (in the first movies I mean). No love, no feeling, no emotions. He was just pure evil and simple. I mean, I liked Rob Zombie's verison. But I'm not into the whole "make the monster look like an actual person" and I just kinda felt he wanted to have his wife in the movies to up her career:B. I don't like it when you try to make the monster sympathic. I like an evil monster for a horror movie. But thats my opinion. So who do you prefer? The classic verison of Myers or Rob Zombie's?

digitalceo2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By digitalceo2012

John's :)

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Carpenters version, no contest.

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Sentimentalism Samosas

If you think about the character of Michael Myers, you find intriguing psychosis labyrinths which are really colored nicely by the work of John Carpenter.

Rob Zombie, on the other hand, opts to create a pedestrianism-anarchy portrait of Michael Myers, highlighting the visceral terror associated with anti-social behaviors on a ritualistically eccentric occasion --- Halloween Eve.

The storytelling involving the concept of a Halloween Eve predator invokes deep ideas in ways about humanity's perspective on the devastation of private experience, which is what "The Rape of Lucrece" (Shakespeare) is all about.

If you prefer an emphasis on the emotional quality of horror, then Carpenter is obviously superior, but if you enjoy the spiritual aspects of pure terror, then Rob Zombie's macabre rendition will stir your fancy about self-ruin theatrics.

Michael Myers is really the modernized Phantom of the Opera.

The Rape of Lucrece

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.