How Did Mettle Die ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I was wondering how Mettle died ? It said that "Ken Possesses a body of living Iridium, he is virtually indestructible shown to be able to withstand the intense heat of a flame thrower." It also says... "Along with Hazmat, X-23, Reptil, Juston Seyfert, and a eleven other teenage heroes, Mettle is kidnapped by Arcade and told only one will be allowed to leave Murderworld alive. When Arcade demands for the weakest link to come forward and be killed, Mettle willingly goes forward in order to save Hazmat, at the cost of his own life." But It dose not say how he died ? Plus I never got a answer to my other question... Is Mettle a Human or a Mutant ?

#2 Edited by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime:

If you're looking for the specifics of his death, like how Arcade made him explode, I can't give you those. He just waved his hand and it happened. There really wasn't anything else explained about it. As for him being a mutant, I don't think it was ever said he was or wasn't, but it would appear that he is--at least to me.

#3 Edited by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the scan, if that's what you're looking for:

As for how he does it: We probably won't know the specifics until how he got them all there to begin with is revealed. Judging from this, looks like he made him go boom from the inside out. Then again, he says he's God there, so for all we know, he screwed around with the gravity around and within Mettle, resulting in him being torn apart. And unless I'm very much mistaken, he's a mutant.

#4 Posted by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

The way in which he died makes me think this is all some sort of simulation. Arcade is not molecule man, nor should he be.

#5 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

As for how he does it: We probably won't know the specifics until how he got them all there to begin with is revealed. Judging from this, looks like he made him go boom from the inside out. Then again, he says he's God there, so for all we know, he screwed around with the gravity around and within Mettle, resulting in him being torn apart. And unless I'm very much mistaken, he's a mutant.

Ok thats just messed up. If he is a Mutant then why is he listed as Radiation ? Shoulded he be listed as Mutant or Mutant/Radiation ?

#6 Posted by Husk45 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Ouch... Well I gess theres no coming back from that. R,I,P Ken.: (

#7 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Ok thats just messed up. If he is a Mutant then why is he listed as Radiation ? Shoulded he be listed as Mutant or Mutant/Radiation ?

My statement was based on unfounded guessing. My only experience with Mettle is from Avengers Arena 1. I can't even state with solid confidence what TEAM he's on, let alone his origin. I stated he's a mutant because when I think of teenage superheroes with weird powers and appearances, I think X-Men. It's entirely possible, if not even more likely, that he's merely a radiation accident. I would suggest looking it up via Google, or contacting someone on the Vine whose an expert in his team. More likely than not, they'd know.

#8 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Sense when did Arcade get the powers of Dr. Manhattan ? Ok now far a different question. Do you think Marvel will bring Mettle back ?

#9 Posted by akbogert (3180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Let's just say you're scratching the tip of a mighty big iceberg asking questions like this one.

He was killed instantaneously by a villain who has, up until that moment, always been a powerless joke. His completely metal body splattered blood all over the place when dispatched by said villain (despite the fact that, you know, he doesn't have blood). These are reasons why he shouldn't actually be dead. However he very well may be dead anyway, and if Marvel was willing to have him die this way, I doubt they care enough to resurrect him anytime soon.

Join the Avengers Arena hate and/or serious misgivings train, my friend. Destination: unknown.

#10 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Husk45 said:

@JonSmith said:

Ouch... Well I gess theres no coming back from that. R,I,P Ken.: (

Arcade you suck you killed one of my favorite charators. I hope the rest of the good guy rip you heart out with a spoon.

#11 Posted by New_World_Order (12302 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn

#12 Posted by Tjdes63 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

So... anyone else keeping up with this series? Cause I'm beginning to think that may have not been Mettle.

#13 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@tjdes63 said:

So... anyone else keeping up with this series? Cause I'm beginning to think that may have not been Mettle.

or he's building replacements/fakes to **** with the survivors.

#14 Posted by Tjdes63 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69: That sounds like it could be a possibility.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.