Follow

Metal Men

Team » Metal Men appears in 469 issues.

A group of robotic superheroes created by William Magnus. Each of them are constructed with a responsometer, a device that gives them human intelligence and personalities and allows them to control their given element.

Does Anybody Miss or Like Doc Magnus and The Metal Men

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

OK so recently I was looking for through the back issue box of the comic store I usually visit a found a couple issues of Doom Patrol. I have been looking up stuff about the Doom Patrol for awhile now as I was gaining interest so I picked it up. Along with Doom Patrol there was a Metal Men back up feature.

After reading them I have greatly enjoyed both teams, but the Metal Men were the ones that stuck out to me. I knew about the Metal Men, but never really taking interest because I thought all they were were one of those Silver Age characters that really I have no use in the DCU, however I was really surprised with it. The comic was amazing! I can't wait to see the Metal Men and Doc Magnus in the New 52 (remembering reading something in Aquaman about Doc) in the New 52 and miss them as now that I know more about them (and the Doom Patrol) I feel like there is a part of the DC Universe missing. Does anyone else feel the same way? And are there even any Metal Men fans here on the Vine?

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Hazlenaut

I read the silver age version of them and overwhelmingly goofy but it had great moment when the team sacrificed themselves in the first issue by a space manta ray. I found out that they were in Dune Patrol. They are the team that gets no respect and they sacrificed their lives repeatedly.

There is nothing like tax dollars at work when you have a robot made of gold protecting you. oh what a wonderful time that was.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#3 The Poet  Moderator

I know they have recently appeared in the Beyond universe, so they might continue to appear there. who knows...

One of them appeared in JL but I kind of think it is a one time appearance...but maybe they will appear again.

I think if they were treated well and given a good writer they have potiental to have compelling adventures, but right now I'm not sure what DC is going to do with the metal men.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I think they will start appearing more often as WB has expressed interest in putting out a Metal Men movie.

I do think that they need to be modernized and updated to fit the technology of today.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.