Follow

Messiah War

Story arc »

"Messiah War" is the second crossover in the "Messiah" trilogy. Set over a thousand years in the future, X-Force were sent to retrieve Cable & the baby mutant, Hope. There they encounter Stryfe, Bishop, Apocalypse and a thousand year old Deadpool.

X-men order?

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drac96

I'm new to reading comics, so I have a few questions. I read X-men Messiah CompleX and loved it. Now I would like to continue reading X-men from that point, but I don't really know where to start. I guess I don't really know what comes next in the timeline. Does Messiah War happen right after Messiah Complex? I assume there are things happening at the same time in other X-men comics due to the fact that Messiah War happens mainly in the future. I don't know what I should read in order to understand what's going on fully and what order to read it in. After looking up a ton of stuff I feel like I'm on stable ground with the characters and plot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Final Arrow

After that you have Messiah War and then after that X-Men 2nd Coming. That should keep you going for a awhile
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Not quite.  Messiah War does come later, but not immediately after Messiah CompleX.   

You have storylines like Manifest Destiny that immediately followed MC.  Then you had the first year's worth of stories in both Cable & X-Force which then led to Messiah War.  There was a gap of about 18 months between Messiah CompleX & Messiah War.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Final Arrow
    @xerox-kitty said:

"Not quite.  Messiah War does come later, but not immediately after Messiah CompleX.    You have storylines like Manifest Destiny that immediately followed MC.  Then you had the first year's worth of stories in both Cable & X-Force which then led to Messiah War.  There was a gap of about 18 months between Messiah CompleX & Messiah War. "

From my understanding he is looking for the main events rather then  single issues which lead to it.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Final Arrow: Fair point, but events in Cable & X-Force (especially) serve as background for Messiah War. 
    Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Final Arrow
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Final Arrow: Fair point, but events in Cable & X-Force (especially) serve as background for Messiah War.  "

Well X-Force did kick ass

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.