Official Messiah War Thread

• 96 results
#51 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"Kitty is quickly becoming my favorite viner."
*blushes* Now you're just being silly :)

bioghost said:
"i got this disturbing feeling that apoc is going to help the x-force. if warren can get his head straight for min. and make a deal with apoc to help them killed both bishop and stryfe for exchange a new body or retore his machine.what everyone opions on this."
Well, Apocalypse did work alongside the X-Men when he cured Xavier of the techno-virus in X-Cutioner's Song, and Kyle & Yost do love to build on stories from a decade (or two) ago,  but they seem to build on old stories as opposed to repeating them.  

Hawk's user pic looks like Archangel is trying to fight Apocalypse.  I think he's more of a 'spanner in the works' than an unusual saviour.
#52 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"Thanks Andy"

what i don't get a thank on finding the pic. jk
#53 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i know this is a cover and all but so far on what we seen lately on the x-force usally happen. the explosion cover, get own by stryfe, and deadpool trust. but could actually help them with good intention or there something else going on?

#54 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

why would he help them though?

#55 Edited by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
Preview of X-Force #15

The War heats up! As Stryfe gets even closer to learning the secret of Hope Summers, Bishop has no choice but to make his move. X-Force has split into two strike teams... but only betrayal and death await them. And the choice Archangel makes will change everything. Plus, the battle a millennia in the making... CABLE vs. STRYFE.

X-Force #15

X-Force #15

#56 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I freaking hate Stryfe but Cable is one of my favorite characters......go figure

#57 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (813 posts) - - Show Bio
bioghost said:
i got this disturbing feeling that apoc is going to help the x-force. if warren can get his head straight ... [more]
I believe your right, i got X-Force #15 today and read it and at the end Apoc tells Warren something along the lines of taking down Stryfe together at the end of it...
#59 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Apoc probably feels that it will be much harder to kill Styfe than whatever team is fighting him.

#60 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Shamelessly stolen from CBR's preview of Cable 15

Cable #15

Cable #15

So... Guesses on who the white-haired lady is?  I have my theory, what're yours?
#61 Edited by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope or Rachael Grey.

#62 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cable issues are so much worse in terms of art, pacing and general story quality than the X-Force issues.

#63 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
Hope or Rachael Grey.
I was thinking Frost, or one of the Cuckoos.  Especially a Cuckoo if Laura considers her to be one of their own.

And you're right about the drastic decrease in quality compared to X-Force.
#64 Edited by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason that I don't think it's a cuckoo is the fact that there is only one. It could well be Emma, and due to Rachel's recently remerged hound tatoos I doubt it's her.

#65 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

When X-23 said "one of us" she could of meant someone from X-Force, or in the future so I'm saying Hope.

#66 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

The person in question also has Hope's horribel little hair style, and this could bring some significance to the scene int he first chapter where Hope met X-23 and they wasted a few pannels by staring at one another.

#67 Posted by MercenaryX (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Whos the kid?

#68 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
MercenaryX said:
Whos the kid?

Small red-haried girl? That is Hope, the baby born at the beginning of Messiah Complex.
#69 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, yeah she does have Hope's un-flattering bobbed hair do, but I think that's more to do with Olivetti's boxed style of art.  Everyone looks so square!  I just don't think that Laura would react that way for just anybody.  That's why I thought a Cuckoo, since they're members of X-Force.  I mean, for any character from the present to have lived that long without a healing factor would indicate that they've got more power than we currently realise.

#70 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

i haven a haard time in beleiving that this kiden nixon.
how to you go to this
from this

then again I should of see this coming.

#71 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Well spotted! I didn't know about that... It would explain why Laura knows her & is so shocked.

#72 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose it makes sense granted her temporal powers.

#73 Posted by G-w-D (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Was kidon a Hooker as well?

#74 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-w-D said:
"Was kidon a Hooker as well? "

Just a drugged up high school drop out, I think...
#75 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so I've only just read the latest Cable.  The art isn't as bad as I was expecting... but I actually mistook Josh for Cable until I read the boxes.  That's not a good sign. 

I'm incredibly tired of the interchanging thought-box narration.  It gets confusing if you're not paying attention to the colour scheme.  And most of the characters have the same thought-patterns style of speech.

Plot... Interesting to revert Wolverine back to a raw-meat-eating savage.  I can't see why or how that happened, but I guess it made for an interesting twist.  So who came out of this as a hero... Dead Man Wade.  I saw it coming a mile away, but at least it was fun to watch/read it play out.

Perhaps this arc wouldn't have been so slow if they'd introduced Kiden sooner.  But I'm still looking forward to seeing how it ends.  I mean, we all know that X-Force are going to return to the present, so it's just a case of sit back & enjoy what's left of the ride.
#76 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

This arc has been plagued by poor pacing. It could have easily been two issues shorter, and the Cable issues are both crap in terms of art and story compared to X-Force.

#77 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it but I just wish we knew about the girl already. Who or what is she, what are her powers....its been over a damn year

#78 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent: I get the feeling that will be resolved in the third part of the 'Messiah Trilogy'... I can't believe even comics are doing trilogies these days :p
#79 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

hell one of the panel in cabal remind me of star wars for cry out loud.

#80 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like The Apocalypse angle and I think that Olivetti draws him way better then Cable

#81 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse and Stryfe were the only well drawn characters which is weird considering that Cable and Stryfe should look exactly the same.

I am so happy that I can stop buying Cable now that the arc is almost over.

#82 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
@Truex said:
"Apocalypse and Stryfe were the only well drawn characters which is weird considering that Cable and Stryfe should look exactly the same.I am so happy that I can stop buying Cable now that the arc is almost over."

I agree with you. Cable is an average comic at best and I hate Olivetti's art style.
#83 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Opinions on X-Force #16?

#84 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" Opinions on X-Force #16? "
Going to pick it up in a few hours, looking forward to it though
#85 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

CABLE!

#86 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" CABLE! "
What happens, what happens....PM me
#87 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I was disappointed with the conclusion. It answered no questions about Hope, and events were poorly explained and depicted throughout the issue. This was a bit of a shock, as X-Force has been awesome with these things so far. The whole Kiden thing could have been circumvented completely, and the way they show them traveling in space so that they'll be closer to the Legacy Virus-infected kids before taking off their time machines made things exceptionally confusing, even for time-travel. It was extremely anti-climactic, with Cable just blindly jumping into the future again, and Bishop surviving, basically returning things to the status quo of Messiah Complex, save that Hope has aged. The fight with Apocalypse and Stryfe was badass, but again, the whole mixed messages of "I am now new", and "As if strength could come from without" from Apocalypse, then his abrupt turn around to claim Stryfe as a host (despite him saying he was going to kill him for being too weak a couple pages earlier) was off-putting. Both Apocalypse and Stryfe were portrayed several miles to the left of in-character. As I said, it was extremely anti-climactic, with Laura persevering down some random street for no reason, then Bishop starting back at square one... Overall, it was an entertaining issue I guess, but I expected a whole lot more.

#88 Posted by Ares105 (142 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" I was disappointed with the conclusion. It answered no questions about Hope, and events were poorly explained and depicted throughout the issue. This was a bit of a shock, as X-Force has been awesome with these things so far. The whole Kiden thing could have been circumvented completely, and the way they show them traveling in space so that they'll be closer to the Legacy Virus-infected kids before taking off their time machines made things exceptionally confusing, even for time-travel. It was extremely anti-climactic, with Cable just blindly jumping into the future again, and Bishop surviving, basically returning things to the status quo of Messiah Complex, save that Hope has aged. The fight with Apocalypse and Stryfe was badass, but again, the whole mixed messages of "I am now new", and "As if strength could come from without" from Apocalypse, then his abrupt turn around to claim Stryfe as a host (despite him saying he was going to kill him for being too weak a couple pages earlier) was off-putting. Both Apocalypse and Stryfe were portrayed several miles to the left of in-character. As I said, it was extremely anti-climactic, with Laura persevering down some random street for no reason, then Bishop starting back at square one... Overall, it was an entertaining issue I guess, but I expected a whole lot more. "

Took the words right out of my mouth.  This arc accomplished little to nothing.  As soon as X-Force returns to the present and saves Boom Boom, Surge, and Hellion, this story will be rendered virtually obsolete.  What a waste of time.
#89 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"As I said, it was extremely anti-climactic, with Laura persevering down some random street for no reason, then Bishop starting back at square one... Overall, it was an entertaining issue I guess, but I expected a whole lot more. "
You've pretty much summed up everything I thought about it... an entertaining ride, but ultimately not as big as it was hyped up to be.  And at the end of it all, they're pretty much back to where they began.  Hope & Cable went back into the timestream, X-Force came back into the present, Bishop seems to have survived (HOW!?!), and we already know that Surge & Hellion suvive... so what's changed??  From what I can tell, Apocalypse (in the future) knows about Hope, and Stryfe (who we thought had been dead for over a decade) has been dragged off kicking & screaming to be executed by Apocalypse.  So... not much different from the start of the adventure.

Don't get me wrong, it had it's good moments, and the end builds itself up for a massive rescue effort.  I just hope the third part of this 'trilogy' has more of an impact.
#90 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe Marvel threw away Kiden like trash. :/

#91 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@lioneta said:
" I can't believe Marvel threw away Kiden like trash. :/ "
It's an alternate future, so she can re-appear at any time should a writer wish to come up with a creative enough reason to bring her back.

However, I can't shake the feeling that she was used, abused and executed so coldly in a symbolic way.  Almost in retaliation for the way that X-23 was introduced in NYX, which was Kiden's title.
#92 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @lioneta said:
" I can't believe Marvel threw away Kiden like trash. :/ "
It's an alternate future, so she can re-appear at any time should a writer wish to come up with a creative enough reason to bring her back.

However, I can't shake the feeling that she was used, abused and executed so coldly in a symbolic way.  Almost in retaliation for the way that X-23 was introduced in NYX, which was Kiden's title.
"
It was Kiden's title but being a fan of X023 I enjoyed her in the comic.
She was only there for how many issues?
That and she just....vanished and no one even made mention of it xD

But still, as confused as I am with the whole alternate time line/time traveling....bit, I am even more confused as to how they even got kiden.
I guess it was just random and I do fear with you that this is the last we will be seeing of her U_U

I'm particularly upset that they threw away her story because it looked like it had potential to be amazing. @_@!
It wasn't popular enough though and dough is dough~ :{
#93 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent: How many pages is Messiah War in total with everything included in/of Messiah War? Is it like 400 pages?
#94 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Kurrent: How many pages is Messiah War in total with everything included in/of Messiah War? Is it like 400 pages? "
368 pages.
#95 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: LOL. Yeah. You told me in PMs. LOL.  : )   

Thanks, though. 
#96 Posted by Edamame (28151 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish X-Force would have battled with Apocalypse at the end of this story arc. That would be fun to watch.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.