Official Messiah War Thread

• 96 results
#1 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL THINGS MESSIAH WAR DISCUSSED HERE

"X-Force/Cable: Messiah War Prologue" Variant Cover

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome issue.

#3 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Completely awesome. Bishop is actually portrayed to be the villain they've been making him out to be. Deadpool was gold. He's still alive! When I first read about his involvement I assumed he would have time-travelled too. Loved Laura's comment about his scent. Stryfe is back, and now Apocalypse is in the mix as well. The art was amazing. A $4 comic that was actually worth the price. I am actually excited to see how this turns out.

#4 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to read this. I gotta get to the store today and pick this up

#5 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Cable gets his powers back in this

#6 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive been so turned off with the recent Marvel storylines i have to wait to see how this turns out. I am really saddened that i cant even go to the comic store anymore for Marvel without being turned away by the plot.

War Kings sounds badass i just...ya know.

#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Completely awesome. Bishop is actually portrayed to be the villain they've been making him out to be. Deadpool was gold. He's still alive! When I first read about his involvement I assumed he would have time-travelled too. Loved Laura's comment about his scent. Stryfe is back, and now Apocalypse is in the mix as well. The art was amazing. A $4 comic that was actually worth the price. I am actually excited to see how this turns out."
Sadly i enjoyed it as well. much more than i thought i would. Scott's doucheyness barely hidden by his, "i have tough choices to make" quip toward Beast, Domino and her seeing __________ again for the first time. Elixir wanting to go save his friends [tear], all around a good issue.
#8 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to read it after Smallville/supernatural. I had to read Kingbreaker #4 first

#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you for that reminder, Zatanna!

#10 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is in this?

#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes sir.

#12 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone tell me whose the tiny guy in the image on the bottom left

"X-Force/Cable: Messiah War Prologue"

#13 Edited by DrSumtincool (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking its supposed to be Wolfsbane.   It was a great issue

Is it just me or did Hope not take her eyes off of Logan and it didn't look like she was afraid of him at all.

#14 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that is Vanisher

#15 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats what i was thinking Kurrent, but couldnt figure it out since Vanishers NEVER had an actual suit. just odd cloths

#16 Posted by DrSumtincool (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah they used that look for Rahne early on in Angels and Demons.  May be it is supposed to be Vanisher.  Here is a shot from X-Force 6

#17 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
DrSumtincool said:
"Nah they used that look for Rahne early on in Angels and Demons.  May be it is supposed to be Vanisher.  Here is a shot from X-Force 6
"

how is that suit have a mouth?
#18 Posted by DrSumtincool (63 posts) - - Show Bio

it expands with her transformation from what it looks like.

#19 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling that Cable and Stryfe are going to switch bodies. Cable needs to be young again

#20 Posted by DrSumtincool (63 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be awesome. though i would miss the cyborg look.

#21 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"I have a feeling that Cable and Stryfe are going to switch bodies. Cable needs to be young again"
Maybe that is hopes power. Also another theory is that Hope is goign to take over the Phoenix force when they get back to the present because Rachel lost it in Kingbreaker #4
#22 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Kurrent said:
"I have a feeling that Cable and Stryfe are going to switch bodies. Cable needs to be young again"
Maybe that is hopes power. Also another theory is that Hope is goign to take over the Phoenix force when they get back to the present because Rachel lost it in Kingbreaker #4 "

That would make sense if she weren't that far ahead in the future. I mean if Hope was powerful enough to fry Cerebra by being born then I would it stand to reason that she is an Omega level hence the possible Phoenix which was a very crappy time to loose it. but I think this has Prior written all over it she is after all back on earth wandering around and the shadow/imprint of the Phoenix could have been duped into thinking it was Jean.

What I did like however was Stryfe's return but I am confused about the 'city' was that Apoc's or Stryfe's? to me they had a haunting similarity.

Where is the Kingbreaker thread? is it on it's own or under the War of Kings thread? And does anyone know what is up with the PM system?

#23 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
Calix said:
"Kurrent said:
"Kurrent said:
Maybe that is hopes power. Also another theory is that Hope is goign to take over the Phoenix force when they get back to the present because Rachel lost it in Kingbreaker #4 "
That would make sense if she weren't that far ahead in the future. I mean if Hope was powerful enough to fry Cerebra by being born then I would it stand to reason that she is an Omega level hence the possible Phoenix which was a very crappy time to loose it. but I think this has Prior written all over it she is after all back on earth wandering around and the shadow/imprint of the Phoenix could have been duped into thinking it was Jean.What I did like however was Stryfe's return but I am confused about the 'city' was that Apoc's or Stryfe's? to me they had a haunting similarity.Where is the Kingbreaker thread? is it on it's own or under the War of Kings thread? And does anyone know what is up with the PM system? "
its apocalypses city
#24 Posted by Erik (32782 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting theories so far people. 

#25 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable #13 today....I can't wait, this is one of my favorite stories already

#26 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"Someone tell me whose the tiny guy in the image on the bottom left
"X-Force/Cable: Messiah War Prologue"
"
Without doubt a great issue, it was so funny to see deadpool in it. I  loved the stryfe strikes files at the back. I wonder if apoclaypse will appear in the story. Wolverine and cable working together, it's going to be a brillant story.
#27 Posted by Erik (32782 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#28 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

haven't got cable yet. :(

#29 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving this.

How many times is Cable going to punch Wolverine in this so far my count is 2

#30 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

is it really needed for bishop to kill the baby that maybe destined to destroyed the world? (that so far he kill.)

#31 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping Bishop just doesn't make it through this event. His character is beyond redemption. He murdered an entire world/timeline. As for Hope, I don't think she'll be killed. That would pretty much break Scott, Cable, and most of the other X-Men.

#32 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

i just don't seem them actually killed bishop. but i can seem them destroyed the time machine in his arm before they get sent back in their time and let bishop stranded in the hell he created on earth.
for hope well... let faced it the cover and some symbol and hinted around the comic have made some link to the phoniex to her.
ex.
red hair
the phoniex force in her eyes in one of the cover
the creepy scence with scott (a pedo scence for me)
so seen her getting killed is waste of time if you asked me.

#33 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

look who makeing a comeback

horseman of death

look closely at the wings
#34 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

The return of a legend. Spoilers

Apoc

#35 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang he looks roughed up there o.O
Someone needs to get him back to his pyramid. lol

#36 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
bioghost said:
"look who makeing a comeback

horseman of death
look closely at the wings"
What's up with the wings? I don't see anything.
#37 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"
Apoc reflection is in them
#38 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"John Valentine said:
"
Apoc reflection is in them"
Ah, lol, it's pretty obvious.
#39 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Ah, lol, it's pretty obvious."
Depends on how you look at it. It was well done though. With a glance you really don't notice too much.
#40 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Ah, lol, it's pretty obvious."
If it makes you feel any better, i didn't see it either..
#41 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this week issue was great and I am glad they showed us how Stryfe won/killed Apoc because to me that had been the biggest load since Hulk vs. Blackbolt.

They got the drop on him while he was still hibernating and yet he survived that' s Apoc for you.

As for Bishop being beyond redemption... For the record I detest the man always have and my contention for the guy only grew over time, that being said. I don't think the X-men will kill him. Not sure about X-23 or Wade for that matter and now that Apoc is back in the game Chances are that Arc Angel might kill Bishop increased. Jean also destroyed an entire world back in her day because she was hungry or something of the sort. The X-men hadn't overlook it so much as understood the why behind it. One could argue that Bishop's reason for doing this is as good one. That he trully believes to save the lives of millions/billions he must walk the path he currently is on.

Stryfe is the more likely to kill Bishop when he uncovers(if he hasn't already and is just bidding his time) that Bishop is using him as a pawn. For even Stryfe has to realize that Hope's death would negate him ever coming to the power he currently wields or him killing Apoc and Cable for that matter. 

#42 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Click - Save As- Hawk's new AV

#43 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks Andy

#44 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

so is apoclaypse going to feature is messiah wars ?

#45 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

Argh!!! We Germans need to have that issues fast!!!

#46 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"Argh!!! We Germans need to have that issues fast!!!"
got that right
#47 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.  I haven't created this thread before..... lol

Messiah War so far has been good.

#48 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"so is apoclaypse going to feature is messiah wars ?"
Sweetie, you need to get yourself to a comic shop... FAST! :D
#49 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

i got this disturbing feeling that apoc is going to help the x-force. if warren can get his head straight for min. and make a deal with apoc to help them killed both bishop and stryfe for exchange a new body or retore his machine.
what everyone opions on this.

#50 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"time said:
"so is apoclaypse going to feature is messiah wars ?"
Sweetie, you need to get yourself to a comic shop... FAST! :D"
Kitty is quickly becoming my favorite viner.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.