Follow

Mercury

Character » Mercury appears in 1028 issues.

A former member of the Hellions training squad, Mercury was a junior member of the X-Men. Her mutant power transformed her entire body into living liquid metal. Although continually struggling to accept her mutant form, she has made strong friendships with other young mutants under the X-Men's care. She is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Mercury's speech at the conclusion of World War Hulk: X-Men

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have just read World War Hulk: X-Men which concludes with a weeping Mercury emotionally pointing to the graves of her dead teammates/friends and reminding an angry Hulk that he is inflicting the same anguish on her and the other X-Men that was(albeit unwittingly) visited upon Sakaar and its people(including Hulk personally, hiw wife and queen Caiera was pregnant with their first child) by the Illuminati when they chose to exile him to deep space.

I think it was one of the most moving speeches I have read to date in a comic book; Mercury's words cut deeper than Wolverine or X-23's adamantium claws ever did.

What do YOU think?

Terry

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There were a lot of moving speeches made over the years. It's one of the reasons why I love the X-Men. Mercury's was no exception.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True, Mercury is not an orator by profession- she is "just a kid"- but often the most moving speeches come from the heart( assuming Mercury can be said to have a heart given that her body -and its organs by implications- have turned into some form of living liquid metal)!

Terry

Calligraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill always call Cess the metal girl with a heart of gold.. she is very passionate and empathic of everything.. the Hulk is just one of the people she chewed down with words.. I heard alot of emotional speeches in comics but there usually moralizing ones from a person with little connection to what they are saying or having a very poor grasps of everyone view ( Billy Kaplan im looking at you now you dim wit) Cessily however I could really feel the emotional connection between her words and the honesty behind them.. its why I think shes one of the most beautiful characters out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.