Lifespan?

#1 Posted by lydiabones (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Mercury isn't a carbon-based lifeform, does that mean she is immortal? Her entire body is liquid metal so how would she be killed?

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

She might be "immortal" in the sense that she does not age. But she can be killed. I believe she was almost killed by the Facility with the whole Predator X arc.

#3 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure there is a way to kill her, but it wouldn't be of natural causes
#4 Posted by lydiabones (5 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what I wanted to know, thanks!

#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

The Facility successfully managed to keep her contained, tortured and skinned her...  I'm sure after a while they would have found a way to kill her (although it suited their purposes to keep her alive).

#6 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be that her mind would shut down
#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

everyone's immortal in the X-Men universe

#8 Posted by daken_2513 (416 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she can most likely be killed
#9 Posted by nate3cuban (18 posts) - - Show Bio

she can be killed by applying to much electricity to her body

#10 Posted by Selvokaz (200 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll go with the cerebral shutdown theory, while vulnerable to electricity none of her subsequent attacks by it has seemed to cause any actual physical damage to her body... what she experiences from electical shock might not be akin to what we call pain, as it might be something a little different but all the more unpleasant to her, besides considering how many times shes be electricuted an almost certainly with more electricity than is needed to kill a normal person, (as I recall she was electricuted by Surge during the assault on Nimrod, and Surge was most assuredly not aiming to simply disarm Nimrod with the intital jolt.) the girl may simply be vulnerable to electro shock, like how Superman is vulnerable to Magic, but still more durable against it than say Batman is.
#11 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" She might be "immortal" in the sense that she does not age. But she can be killed. I believe she was almost killed by the Facility with the whole Predator X arc. "
yeah your right.  i guess this applies to sandman and maybe thing too.   
#12 Posted by Paracelsus (1589 posts) - - Show Bio

Can she rust? Probably not as her living liquid based metal body is "alive" unlike unorganic metal like steel or iron!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.