Powers?

#1 Posted by Veitha (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

What are the limits of her powers?? Any scan of her greatest feats??

#2 Edited by BlackWind (6342 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: Like all Atlanteans, Mera is adapted to surviving under the sea. So like all Atlanteans, she is super strong, durable, and fast. Additionally, they are highly resistant to low temperatures and can see in the dark and have enhanced hearing.

However Mera tends to forgo physical attacks for her water based powers.

#3 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (656 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget her version of waterbending and her ability to look good wearing green.

#4 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-New 52 I'm not sure, but New 52 she held back most a tidal wave that would've otherwise killed everyone in Gotham. She can also remove the water from a person's cells and vital organs, killing them

#5 Posted by Veitha (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

THank you all for the help! When has she removed the water from someone's body? I mean, in what issue?

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33396 posts) - - Show Bio
@Veitha: Aquaman #6 
#7 Edited by BlackWind (6342 posts) - - Show Bio

I will see if I can find the feat from Brightest Day where she creates a tidal wave. However, huge scale water manipulation like that seems to tire her out and it's not at all casual.

She can sense the bodies under the water
Controlling the water in Gotham
#8 Posted by Veitha (3292 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera is one of the most trained warriors of the seas and considered one of the greatest powerhouses in DC Universe. Her capability when manipulating water and creating constructs out of them are unparalleled, and not even Aquaman could match up to her ability to do so.

Here are scans of the capability Mera possesses from creating hard-water constructs:

Here are scans of Mera taking on quite a few of Black Manta's forces with the help of Aquaman:

#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20245 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Veitha: Aquaman #6

That's pretty epic.

#11 Posted by BlackWind (6342 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: @IfDCRuledTheWorld: @KnightRise: @Veitha: @Jonny_Anonymous: @YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

#12 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Also using her hydrokinesis, she is said to be almost as strong as Wonder Woman...jus saying.

#13 Posted by BlackWind (6342 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.