was mephisto just bored?

#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Him taking spider man's marriage still seems weird to me so what was his real motive I know what he said but that still doesn't seem right to me

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

There was no real motive, mate. It was an editor's personal decision, Mephisto was just the scapegoat. Hell, it could have been any number of reality warpers, Quesada just decided to go with Mephisto. They're probably related, actually.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Thats it Joe Q is Mephisto and the last few years have just been a sick game to ruin the lives of the marvel heroes
#4 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: lol! Eventually MJ and Pete will be back together, until then I will stick with Image and DC
#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Here's hoping Joe gets fired soon
#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @Primmaster64: Here's hoping Joe gets set on fire soon "
Fixed.
#7 Posted by Jake Fury (18322 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" There was no real motive, mate. It was an editor's personal decision, Mephisto was just the scapegoat. Hell, it could have been any number of reality warpers, Quesada just decided to go with Mephisto. They're probably related, actually. "
Or the same person...
#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: that works too
#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Yep
#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

In the story - he was drawn to their love and sought to take that beauty away from the world and from God out of spite.

In reality - Joe Q made him do it.

#11 Posted by x_lover1 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

poor Mephisto, having wasted his time warping reality

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: But was kind of out of character because usually Mephisto has some kind of motive behind everything he does beyond just being a d*ck so it seems weird that he'd come to Earth for the sole purpose of splitting up a married couple. Also the point was moot considering even Spiderman said he loved Gwen more and would still be with her if Goblin hadn't offed her so it wasn't some perfect love he was destroying just a pretty much normal marriage by comic book standards for no good reason aside from Joe being a whiny b*tch  
#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Yeah, I'm just stating what he said in the story. He took the marriage to spite God. 
#14 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

he want to have an advantage over Beyonder. It was in The Amazing Spiderman issue 274.

Beyonder destroyed an entire universe without a moment of second thoughts but he felt grief and pity for Spiderman during his competition with mephisto. that is phase one

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.