Follow

Meggan

Character » Meggan appears in 1028 issues.

Meggan is an empathic metamorph. She is a founding member of Excalibur and the wife of Brian Braddock aka Captain Britain.

Should Meggan Be An Omega Level Mutant

Avatar image for princekelly2010
    PrinceKelly2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceKelly2010

Yeah, cause with all that powers she has.  If She was able to stop the House Of M energy wave form spreading to other universes by absorbing its energy It shows a great display of power.

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Leliel

she should and think if she had any thing else backing her up, example; Phoenix Force, Excalibur or Soul Sword she be quite powerful

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Meggan isn't even alive...

Class Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Class Clown
    Leliel said:
    "she should and think if she had any thing else backing her up, example; Phoenix Force, Excalibur or Soul Sword she be quite powerful"

soul sword
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By pixelized
    Vance Astro said:
    "Meggan isn't even alive..."
    She's not back in the new Captain Brit thing??
    Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Lady Tlieso

I think she appeared to him but it was in a kind of weird way. he thought he was dreaming or in a trance so because he believed she wasn't real she disappeared.  They never really said if it was a dream or if she was really there so it's kinda sketchy. With some her powers coming from what people believe her to be he could have just sent her away forever.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pixelized

ohhhh... i see

Is the series good, i want to read it now?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized said:
    "ohhhh... i see

Is the series good, i want to read it now?"
    It's quite good, not groundbreaking, but good.
    PrinceKelly2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceKelly2010

Ok but how powerful is she or at what has she done with her powers cause i havent read the comics with her in it. Give me an example.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lady Tlieso
    PrinceKelly2010 said:
    "Ok but how powerful is she or at what has she done with her powers cause i havent read the comics with her in it. Give me an example."
    She closed a rift in space that would have destroyed the world. theres a pretty good example that you brought up yourself.
    PrinceKelly2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceKelly2010

Ok well true but does anyone else know another example or should i ask when did she realize her elemental power.

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Djinn

she is an omega level mutant, she has mimicked the powers of multiple mutants, 

she has closed a rift in reality
    she has grown as large as galactus, and without meaning to was destroying the atmosphere around her
    she has very very easily destroyed 4 sentinels, which in comics was proven hard by other mutants
    she held the phoenix force before, and actually the phoenix force was drawn to her
    she turned into a dragon that could breath fire
    she turned into a creature that knocked captain britain out with 1 hit
    she ceased a forest fire without thinking
    she lit the fuel tanks on multiple helicopters making them blow up
    she has entered an impenetrable force field
    the only problem i have with the the writers is in the comics she's always knocked out so easily, even seeing she's stronger than captain britain 
    theres more but i cant think ill come back when i think of the other things she's done
    but 2 answer ur question she is definitely a omega level mutant
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pixelized

Have Meggan and Brian ever had kids?

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Djinn

no

PrinceKelly2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrinceKelly2010

Thank you for the examples. Post more when you find them! THANKS!!!!

Dark Raider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dark Raider

Is she even a mutant?

Swagga Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Swagga Vance
    Dark Raider said:
    "

Is she even a mutant?

"
    Yes.
    Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Djinn

she figured out her powers when she was born, she was cold and grew fur

PeppRmintBUDy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PeppRmintBUDy

Meggan is definately Omega!!! She could potentially take on just about anyone i think...wish marvel would see how great she is. I'd rather they use her instead of Capt. Britain all the time (even though i like him too).

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Djinn said:
    she figured out her powers when she was born, she was cold and grew fur

She didn't figure out her powers.  She reacted to her enviroment around her, therefore growing fur when she was cold.  She couldn't control that power, which is why she spent all of her childhood in hiding.  It wasn't until she met Captain Britain and accidentally tapped into his idea of a beautiful woman that she transformed into a tall, leggy blonde.  He had absolutely no desire to even be in the same air space as her until that happened... then the alcoholic defender of the Omniverse decided he was in love.  Nice guy :p
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrMiracle77

Early issues of Excalibur always suggested that Meggan was a Fae of some kind.  I guess they just brought her into the 'mutant fold' for the sake of consistency.  Some of the writers don't like including non-mutants in the x-books.

DarkSyde79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DarkSyde79
    Most Omega level mutants not only manipulate vast amounts of energy but also have the potential to become the energies they control because their powers continue to evolve over time. Storm is an Omega level mutant because she might eventually become (for lack of a better name) Mother Nature, Magneto is could eventually become one with the earth's magneto field, Iceman will eventually become an ice elemental, and Jean Gray become pure psonic energy. In time, Meggan might've become more powerful via a secondary mutantion but who knows.

As far as Marvel not knowing how to use her, I don't think they realized how much power they gave her when she was created. The power set they gave her is truly off the hook and seen in other mutants but lets be real, she's a secondary character... and a dead one!!! For the moment!!!
    cennobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cennobite

Meggan is an Empathic elemental metamorph with vast powers of empathy, shapeshifting and elemental manipulation. She has superhuman strength allowing her to lift about 50 tons. She can absorb power from the elements around her to fire powerful energy blasts. Being able to mimic the powers of other mutants plus using her own powers should make her an omega level. Like if she used her own empathy, shapeshifting and elemental abilities and added Storm's weather control powers she would be a serious powerful mutant. Plus she can turn into different elements, so far only sand and water but more than likely the other elements would be an option to. If she could combine the elements that would be interesting. Fire + Earth = Lava, Air + Sand = Sandstorm, Air + Fire = Firestorm, I could go on but you get the idea. Being able to control, manipulate and turn into any element or maybe combination of elements could give her the powers of any being that can manipulate the elements. Iceman for example.

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By G-w-D
    @Djinn said:
    "she is an omega level mutant, she has mimicked the powers of multiple mutants, 
    she has closed a rift in reality
    she has grown as large as galactus, and without meaning to was destroying the atmosphere around her
    she has very very easily destroyed 4 sentinels, which in comics was proven hard by other mutants
    she held the phoenix force before, and actually the phoenix force was drawn to her
    she turned into a dragon that could breath fire
    she turned into a creature that knocked captain britain out with 1 hit
    she ceased a forest fire without thinking
    she lit the fuel tanks on multiple helicopters making them blow up
    she has entered an impenetrable force field
    the only problem i have with the the writers is in the comics she's always knocked out so easily, even seeing she's stronger than captain britain 
    theres more but i cant think ill come back when i think of the other things she's done
    but 2 answer ur question she is definitely a omega level mutant
    "

Okay you're making some of that up 

Omega Level mutants aren't foremost about extreme power levels but potential to acheive anything in the area that they have powers and have no flaws! she may be she may not    
    Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Djinn
    @G-w-D: most of that stuff happened in excalibur, she destroyed 4 sentinels during house of m, but i made none up she is very powerful
    Airhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Airhead

Manipulate the 4 Elements

Super Strength that can allow her to lift 50 Tons 
    Shapshift  growing taller than GALACTUS
    Mimimc the abilities and powers of others  
    Become the Elements 
    Some Magic abilities 
    I Really think she can be an Omega level mutant Iv even heard that she has taken down some sentinels by herself without really having to try

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DEGRAAF

who is meggan
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By geraldthesloth
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Leliel
    @xerox-kitty: that the beauty of the two of them, he then came back and told her, that he truly did love her and it was true but that love had already come from a bad place, the false idea of Brian loving the physical thing
    Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, Storm's not an Omega Class mutant. It was suggested that she was potentially Omega by one of her writers, but Marvel editorial nixed that. She's probably on the borderline, the way Xavier used to be, but she's not Omega.

As for Meggan, her powers are immense, but they require ambient magic to control and they're hideously difficult to control. On top of that, until her return in Vampire State, she had pretty much no telepathic defences. Considering her powers, she's an Omega in all but name.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have some questions on meggan’s powers it says that "If she takes on the appearance of another superhuman, Meggan can also gain their powers. This also worked when she turned into a female mirror of the Silver Surfer" so if she were to take the form of say Invisible Woman she would get sue's powers but dose meggan keep her other powers to ? what if meggan met Supergirl can she get all of supergirls powers too, or is meggan limited to the marvel universe ? or what if meggan took the form of Adam Warlock would se get all his powers and the Soul Gem or just adam ?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I have some questions on meggan’s powers it says that "If she takes on the appearance of another superhuman, Meggan can also gain their powers. This also worked when she turned into a female mirror of the Silver Surfer" so if she were to take the form of say Invisible Woman she would get sue's powers but dose meggan keep her other powers to ? what if meggan met Supergirl can she get all of supergirls powers too, or is meggan limited to the marvel universe ? or what if meggan took the form of Adam Warlock would se get all his powers and the Soul Gem or just adam ?

In theory, if Meggan encountered Supergirl, she would indeed be able to mimic her powers; however, she is limited to the Marvel Universe. (unless there's another Amalgam event! Wishful thinking) I'd imagine she could do the same with Adam Warlock, but as far as the Soul Gem is concerned, I'd hypothesize that she'd be overwhelmed if she tried to mirror such a primal cosmic force....the stones themselves contain more power than Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock combined, don't they?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.