Follow

Megatron

Character » Megatron appears in 784 issues.

Megatron is leader of the Evil Decepticons. His motto is "Peace Through Tyranny". In almost everyway Megatron is the exact opposite of Optimus Prime. He is brutal, relentless, and the very definition of Destruction. Megatron has earned the respects of his fellow Decepticons simply because of his brute power and overall undeniable leadership. The most interesting part of most incarnations of Megatron is that he truly believes that he is the good guy and that alone makes him even more terrifying.

Anyone Like Transformer Films?

Avatar image for jarrodthekidder
    jarrodthekidder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jarrodthekidder

How strong and fast would you say Megatron was in the film? He was flying through high structure buildings in the first one (while carrying Optimus) and in the second one, although we don't know how long it took Megatron to fly there, he flies to like a moon of Saturn after he's brought back to life 

I've never followed the comics much, but I thought the movies were cool. I was just wondering if anyone had a best guess on stats / thought that THOSE stats were close to what they are in the actual comics.

jarrodthekidder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jarrodthekidder

Guess no one knows or cares lol

Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Silver Knight75

I wish that the new characters in ROTF were given more screen time. I mean, the Twins were funny, but I wanted to see more of Sideswipe, Jolt, the motorcycle girls, or maybe go back to Ironhide and Ratchet. 

another thing that bothered me was where in the world did Barricade go? He just disappeared in the first film.

jarrodthekidder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jarrodthekidder

you know, i wondered that myself. He didnt even show up for the final fight.....weird 

what would you say they're stats are?

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Obtrusive

EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MrDirector786

I thought the movies were pretty good. I'm a huge Transformers fan. I follow the current comic series by IDW publishing, watched the Beast Wars series growing up, saw the G1 series a few years ago, as well as a bunch of other Transformers series. I personally found the second movie to be far better because I found it to be much closer to the source material. In the G1 TV series, the Autobots and Decepticons basically waged a war on Earth for energon, which their home planet of Cybertron had been completely drained of because of their prolonged war. The second movie was about how the Decepticons were trying to destroy the sun to create energon to fuel themselves with. Megatron actually beat Starscream around for his incompetence. More action. Those are the main reasons I found the second movie to be far better - basically because it was more like the original G1 series than the first and had more action.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
    yes... I thought both films were awesome
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I didn't even know Jolt was in the ROTF until I saw his toy at Wal-Mart...

I do agree that they should have given more screen time to the newer Autobots, I forget their names, but the girl bike Autobot, I remember them saying that she was going to get some screen time and show that she was a "girl robot" or something like that, funny thing is, you didn't even know she was a girl until the end when she said one line and you heard a girl voice...and then she got shot in the head! (still lived though)

Overall I liked the movies.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By DH69
    Avatar image for thespiritstalker
    TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By TheSpiritStalker
    @Edamame:  Just recently I saw the commentary about that fight, it was actually supposed to be "longer and more emotional" but because of the time limit. They couldn't.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrDirector786
    @TheSpiritStalker said:
    " @Edamame:  Just recently I saw the commentary about that fight, it was actually supposed to be "longer and more emotional" but because of the time limit. They couldn't. "
    Which fight? I know the forest battle was supposed to be longer and I've even seen the extra footage.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I like the first one quite a bit, the second is a travesty. But the first is cool.

TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheSpiritStalker
    @MrDirector786:  Oh sorry I meant the fight with Prime and The Fallen
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrDirector786
    @TheSpiritStalker said:
    " @MrDirector786:  Oh sorry I meant the fight with Prime and The Fallen "
    Oh. Interesting to know it was supposed to be longer. I'm glad it was actually a fight unlike the comic adaption though. In the comics version, all that happened after he merged with Jetfire was he flew towards Megatron and the Fallen on top of the pyramid with the sun harvester and Megatron tried to attack him saying the Fallen promised him the power of a Prime and Optimus tells him that he lied and that it's impossible to obtain the power of a prime unless you yourself are a Prime and then he went after the Fallen who started begging Megatron to help him and said he'd make him a god, but Megatron just left him and Optimus stabbed the Fallen in the head and killed him. It wasn't a fight at all. Just Optimus stabbing him in the head.
    TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

Is the comic adaptation good because I only have the first one which was okay. It's amazing how strong Prime became in just a few years when Megatron was in the first movie he seemed to be leagues above prime despite being frozen for all that time.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

I saw the first lone and enjoyed it, second one looked stupid so I didn't see it and still haven't, the third one looks amazing. I had no idea Megatron was even in the movies, I haven't seen the first one since it came out, at least  I think I've seen the movie;It's hard to remember when you've seen so movies. Loved the old cartoon and would like to get the comics but my comic book store doesn't discount them so I don't buy them. Are the comics any good?

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrDirector786
    @TheSpiritStalker said:
    " Is the comic adaptation good because I only have the first one which was okay. It's amazing how strong Prime became in just a few years when Megatron was in the first movie he seemed to be leagues above prime despite being frozen for all that time. "
    The comics are pretty good. I think Prime seemed much stronger because he wasn't holding back. In the first film, they fought in a city with people everywhere but in the second he didn't have to worry about people around in the forest so he let loose.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrDirector786
    @CrimsonAvenger said:
    " I saw the first lone and enjoyed it, second one looked stupid so I didn't see it and still haven't, the third one looks amazing. I had no idea Megatron was even in the movies, I haven't seen the first one since it came out, at least  I think I've seen the movie;It's hard to remember when you've seen so movies. Loved the old cartoon and would like to get the comics but my comic book store doesn't discount them so I don't buy them. Are the comics any good? "
    Yeah, the current comic series by IDW Publishing is pretty good if you ask me. If you want to get started with reading the current series, just letting you know that IDW is releasing trades of all the issues in chronological order because when the issues came out, they weren't in chronological order. I think 2 or 3 volumes are out as of now. Maybe more. I haven't checked in a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.