Follow

Mega Man

Character » Mega Man appears in 178 issues.

Rock, once a simple robot made by the world-renowned Dr. Light, was modified to become Rock Man (Mega Man outside of Japan) and fight against the evil robots sent by Dr. Wily.

Anyone read the Archie Megaman comic?

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just wondering if its any good? I've always been a fan of Megaman and wasn't thinking about pitching up some back issues. Would a 29 year old fan enjoy this?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just wondering if its any good? I've always been a fan of Megaman and wasn't thinking about pitching up some back issues. Would a 29 year old fan enjoy this?

id like to know as well

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd like to know too lol. Megaman Battle Network and Starforce was my childhood so I always held an interest in this comic but it seemed a bit to childish by the covers.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

Negative.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#6 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I think in general, if you know and like Mega Man, you'll like the comic. They have been alternating arcs, a few of the traditional stories followed by one arc of original story. Some things are being combined a little and new characters are being introduced as well, but there has been some good spotlight on other Robot Masters as well.

So far they have covered Mega Man 1, Mega Man: Powered Up, Mega Man 2, and the beginnings of Mega Man 3 (combined with Super Adventure Rockman) as well as Proto Man, intro to some Mega Man 10 Robot Masters and an introduction to Dr. Cossack and one of his Mega Man 4 Robot Masters.

They did a really cool time travel issue showing the things from Mega Man 4, Mega Man 6, Mega Man 10, Mega Man & Bass, Mega Man II, Mega Man IV, Mega Man V and Mega Man: The Wily Wars, as well as foreshadowing of some things that have already begun in the series.

Right now a crossover just started with the Sonic comics and Dr. Wily and Dr. Robotnik are teaming up.

I don't plan on stopping reading any time soon and I hope it goes on as long as Sonic has been. Also, I'm 32 if that answers your age question. Trades are out for the first 16 issues (four trades).

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: Sounds awesome! I just ordered the first 8 issues so I'm gonna give them a try. If I like them I'll order the rest and play catch up.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like it is meant for a younger audience, and rushed to get the main plot points out of the way, which is fine, better than too much talking constantly I suppose.

it's a good read if you want a speed run of megaman.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wOnd: yea, I can see it's meant for younger readers. But I still am enjoying it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.