Everyone Is Talking About Tyrese's "MAYHEM"!

• 57 results
#51 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

This is what happens when you let your marketing and PR people make a comic.
#52 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" Its only a success when it gets to 20,000 sold copies a month.... Thats the problem with comics today is that is a lower industry. Hopefully Tyrese can get people into this book not just for this title alone but for others not just in Image but through out the comic book industry. "
almost no indy comic gets to that level of numbers, many of DC and Marvel's comics don't do it either "

Well im talkin about the best of the best.
#53 Posted by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I can tell, this is more about Tyrese and less about the comic itself. I'm not insinuating that Tyrese doesn't care about the project but I am insinuating that there's wasn't enough effort going into the project itself. How is Mayhem distinctive from the Punisher, Vigilante and 2/3 of other various Image characters that uses excessive violence against criminals? The general concept is so overplayed that quite frankly it's relatively generic. If Tyrese wasn't a celebrity, I don't see Mayhem getting the greenlight from Image especially when I've seen other stronger concepts be rejected by them. Yes, it's good to have more people involved in comics but the key component is to maintain longevity in the project itself, the goal is to make the project just as relevant ten years from now as it is today and the best way to acheive that is to create a very strong and viable concept that can be inherently versatile for many years to come. So far, I have yet to see that with Mayhem.

#54 Posted by Kid Jackpot (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry G-Man and Comic Vine.    It's just that earlier that day I lost custody of my son to my ex-wife.    I  was just so damn mad that I put my anger out on the wrong person.

#55 Edited by Shatterstar (4537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kid Jackpot said:

"  Sorry G-Man and Comic Vine.    It's just that earlier that day I lost custody of my son to my ex-wife.    I  was just so damn mad that I put my anger out on the wrong person. "

Holy crap you lost your son today and you're on a message board.
Take a week off and think about priorities.

Oh and on topic, yea I don't see this going on long. Feels like a bunch of promotion for a quick buck, almost reminds me of Jada Pinkett-Smith talking about her 1 comic that came out on Letterman or Conan a decade ago. Tyrese seems to have a lot of enthusiasm but what happens if/when the sales figures come in and he's in the bottom quarter of the top 200.
#56 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3550 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kid Jackpot said:
"  Sorry G-Man and Comic Vine.    It's just that earlier that day I lost custody of my son to my ex-wife.    I  was just so damn mad that I put my anger out on the wrong person. "
So, were your anger management issues maybe part of the problem?
#57 Posted by Crimson Thunder (286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm like'n the idea Tyrese.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.