Follow

Maxx

Character » Maxx appears in 126 issues.

A mysterious, foul smelling, cartoon loving, Pez eating, self appointed hero to his social worker, Julie.

15 years later

Storm Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Storm Rider

It's been fifteen years since The Maxx number one hit the shelves!?! I just re-read the series again, and I was glad I did. It seems like one of the only things to come out from that era with an Image "i" on the cover that's stood the test of time. One gem in an otherwise huge pile of chromium crap.
    Post Edited:2008-04-14 17:43:38

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

What about it stood the test of time?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By danhimself

am i the only one who loved image comics?

Storm Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Storm Rider

A lot of the image stuff of the time has a "dated" feel when looking at it a decade-and-a-half later (the art style, the storytelling, or lack thereof, the costume design, ect). It's just kind of "of it's era". Maxx feels like it could've come out yesterday and not seem out of place. Kieth bucked the trend, put the story first,and did something really different for the image label. The book could be a little full of it's self at times with some of the outback symbolism, but I enjoyed it then and still do today.

Also, don't get me wrong: I bought a lot of the stuff of the time. I actually liked WildCATs and Spawn, and didn't hate a few other titles. But so much was done simply to "cash in" that the bad outweighs the good in the memories of a lot of the people who survived that era.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By danhimself

man i loved the 90's comics that was the best time for comics

Storm Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Storm Rider

danhimself says:

"man i loved the 90's comics that was the best time for comics"

There was a lot of good. But in the early 90s, there was a whole lot of bad that went with it! I point to The Maxx as something I considered good, I won't go the route of being negative and pointing out the stuff I called bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.